Homebrew ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (10.3 Kernel Hax PoC)

MasterLel

Cooonfusion of da highest orda
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
Smea isn't French? Why his bio on twitter says "Stanford, CA"? He's an student of Stanford's University?
He's a French living in the USA.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It always goes to the black screen of death and I can't boot into recovery mode. It seems to be N3DS specific

Format your 3ds and your SD card before downgrading

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Nah, not really. Don't let your saltiness blind you. It's nice to know someone managed to do it.

That's simply it, assuming they hold it back. It's cool that someone did it is all. Why do people have to be upset about it?
Maybe just NOT tell anyone about it considering all users have been looking for this and they know it...

ChaosRipple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone downgraded their 3ds while having an eshop game that requires 9.6+ to run? I believe Monster Hunter 4 or even Zelda Triforce Heroes are examples.

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone downgraded their 3ds while having an eshop game that requires 9.6+ to run? I believe Monster Hunter 4 or even Zelda Triforce Heroes are examples.
I did with binding of Isaac and it was deleted but I don't know if that happened to other people

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@jaksy am I able to use BootNTR in Sysnand? I'd like to use it in conjunction with Pasta (As rxTools is broken and I can't get CakesFW or Reinand up and running)

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@jaksy am I able to use BootNTR in Sysnand? I'd like to use it in conjunction with Pasta (As rxTools is broken and I can't get CakesFW or Reinand up and running)
Hm, sounds like it would work in theory.
It'd be messy not having a separate emunand you can update on and sysnand is much riskier (as you are accessing fbi where you could easily accidently uninstall a nand system title and brick your system), but I know that some users work entirely from sysnand.

I'd highly recommend getting CakesFW emunand working over running entirely off sysnand though. What was the issue with cakes? Oh you're on N3ds and it's unsupported?

Edit: No it looks like n3ds is supported by cakes now.. So what was the problem there?

Last edited by jaksy,

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm, sounds like it would work in theory.
It'd be messy not having a separate emunand you can update on and sysnand is much riskier (as you are accessing fbi where you could easily accidently uninstall a nand system title and brick your system), but I know that some users work entirely from sysnand.

I'd highly recommend getting CakesFW emunand working over running entirely off sysnand though. What was the issue with cakes? Oh you're on N3ds and it's unsupported?
"An error occurred while loading the payload. Make sure launcher is located at: /Cakes.dat" Basically I can't get any of the proper files to work.

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"An error occurred while loading the payload. Make sure launcher is located at: /Cakes.dat" Basically I can't get any of the proper files to work.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-install-a-cfw-on-a-9-0-9-2-n3ds-without-cn-oot.398394/

Looks like it links the elusive "- (only for cakes) The cetk file" if that's what you're missing. It should also have instructions on how to setup cakes.
It's apparently a tutorial for the n3ds so regrab the files from the github it links to just to make sure you have the right ones.
Not sure if it's up to date but see if you missed something that is covered there.

Last edited by jaksy,

ChaosRipple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did with binding of Isaac and it was deleted but I don't know if that happened to other people

That's a good sign because it didn't make your system unbootable. However, I'm still waiting on more input. XD

Entoptical

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downgraded a new 3dsxl and now the 3d feature does not work. Has anyone else seen this? Turning 3d on causes two images to form but they don't make a 3d image at all...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse