Homebrew ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (10.3 Kernel Hax PoC)

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-install-a-cfw-on-a-9-0-9-2-n3ds-without-cn-oot.398394/

Looks like it links the elusive "- (only for cakes) The cetk file" if that's what you're missing. It should also have instructions on how to setup cakes.
It's apparently a tutorial for the n3ds so regrab the files from the github it links to just to make sure you have the right ones.
Not sure if it's up to date but see if you missed something that is covered there.
Thank you so much! I finally have CakesFW booting emunand! Sig patches, Cia installing, everything! Thanks a ton man. Can't believe it took me 3 days to get a proper functioning CFW running. :P

Reactions: jaksy

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I managed to downgrade a few days ago, with the buggier version of sysUpdater and I've been running rxTools. I do want to ask, though, what do you think is the best CFW and how should I run my emuNAND? Thanks!
rxtools with a backup cfw of cakes both booting through menu/themehax booting ctrbootmanager.

That's my preferred setup anyway. Some people like Reinand.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Has anyone had any problems using DLC in RxTools?

I bought a few smash DLCs, then got the rest from that iso site, however RxTools refuses to read the other dlc I installed :/

LuigiSmash220

Private Sm4sh modder
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oh now i finally understand why the description death to emunand 2K16
this "firmloader" is like the bootmii for wii
so if we brick our system we can use this to restore our system NAND
so if I remember correct bootmii writes to the bootrom or boot1 something a long those lines
so maybe this would do something similar
I would perfer that over emunand

lefthandsword

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
oh now i finally understand why the description death to emunand 2K16
this "firmloader" is like the bootmii for wii
so if we brick our system we can use this to restore our system NAND
so if I remember correct bootmii writes to the bootrom or boot1 something a long those lines
so maybe this would do something similar
I would perfer that over emunand
From what I heard from others there is no user friendly solution for installing am9loaderhax on all exploitable consoles. Even if SALT released their CFW we wouldn't have a way to boot it from cold boot (at least not without a hardmod)

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It's all theory. I mean no one (publicly) really knows how arm9loaderhax works and I'm guessing it's gonna stay that way until it gets patched by Nintendo. But on the bright side you can expect a 10.3 emunand from GW.

andriy921

Trophies
XP
Country
It's all theory. I mean no one (publicly) really knows how arm9loaderhax works and I'm guessing it's gonna stay that way until it gets patched by Nintendo. But on the bright side you can expect a 10.3 emunand from GW.
What do you mean no one knows how it works? Exploit was presented on the conference to wide audience. Nintendo knows how to fix this, that's not a problem for them. But they can fix this only for consoles that come with 10.4+ preinstalled. Having working arm9loaderhax working you would be able to but any future firmware since you have access to all keys.
GW haven't talked about 10.3 emunand. Their words on the site: We will be bringing Gateway support to systems that are on the current LATEST FIRMWARE: 10.3 and lower. Not even a word about 9.6 emunand on n3ds. So this might be just their implementation of downgrade. I really hope that they can do this, but I currently don't see any way except ntrcardhax and I'm not sure that they can implement this with their current blue card.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
What do you mean no one knows how it works? Exploit was presented on the conference to wide audience. Nintendo knows how to fix this, that's not a problem for them. But they can fix this only for consoles that come with 10.4+ preinstalled. Having working arm9loaderhax working you would be able to but any future firmware since you have access to all keys.
GW haven't talked about 10.3 emunand. Their words on the site: We will be bringing Gateway support to systems that are on the current LATEST FIRMWARE: 10.3 and lower. Not even a word about 9.6 emunand on n3ds. So this might be just their implementation of downgrade. I really hope that they can do this, but I currently don't see any way except ntrcardhax and I'm not sure that they can implement this with their current blue card.

What I meant to say was that the code was not public. 10.4 preinstalled? I tought Nintendo could change the keys any time they wanted since no one has figured out how the keys are generated?
Ntrcardhax in theory could be possible via the Red card since it ca be updated to work in a different way. M guess is that theyre gonna use Arm11 to downgrade to 9.2 and then gain full kernel access, after that FPGA the card and install NTRHAX onto its memory?

andriy921

Trophies
XP
Country
What I meant to say was that the code was not public. 10.4 preinstalled? I tought Nintendo could change the keys any time they wanted since no one has figured out how the keys are generated?
Ntrcardhax in theory could be possible via the Red card since it ca be updated to work in a different way. M guess is that theyre gonna use Arm11 to downgrade to 9.2 and then gain full kernel access, after that FPGA the card and install NTRHAX onto its memory?
They need DS card, not 3DS for exploit since only interface for reading DS cards lies in shared memory area with ARM11.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
They need DS card, not 3DS for exploit since only interface for reading DS cards lies in shared memory area with ARM11.
So the Blue card then but technically the Red one could be used as well since none of them are actual game cards, the only difference is that one can be updated and the other one cant.

Games&Stuff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me out? I keep getting "titleException:
main.cpp:148: Result: 0xD8E08067
Failed to get CIA file info!" When I try to downgrade. I'm using menuhax on my o3ds with fw 10.1E

Last edited by Games&Stuff,

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
so cannot get emunand updating to work says error occoured i cannot update it with sysupdater because 10.30 flrimwares not on that iso site

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country

Daniele_997

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys, i really need your help. I have a n3ds xl with ironhax installed. I'm searching everywhere a way to install roms of 3ds games. Can you explain me how to do that? My firmware is the last(10.3.0-28E). What do i have to do? Downgrade and install a CFW? Can you link me a solution? Thank for everyone Who Wanna help me :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🛌