Homebrew ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (10.3 Kernel Hax PoC)

Link_of_Hyrule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I meant to say was that the code was not public. 10.4 preinstalled? I tought Nintendo could change the keys any time they wanted since no one has figured out how the keys are generated?
Ntrcardhax in theory could be possible via the Red card since it ca be updated to work in a different way. M guess is that theyre gonna use Arm11 to downgrade to 9.2 and then gain full kernel access, after that FPGA the card and install NTRHAX onto its memory?

They can't just change the keys because anything signed with those keys aka all the games people bought from the store or the eStore wouldn't work anymore. That's kind of how signing stuff works if your keys are all compromised you have to resign everything and with this kind of ecosystem it's not possible to do that. Some of the keys are permanently stored in hardware from what I understand meaning even if they wanted to they couldn't change the keys that would mean replacing everyone's 3DS with a new one and that's not going to happen.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
They can't just change the keys because anything signed with those keys aka all the games people bought from the store or the eStore wouldn't work anymore. That's kind of how signing stuff works if your keys are all compromised you have to resign everything and with this kind of ecosystem it's not possible to do that. Some of the keys are permanently stored in hardware from what I understand meaning even if they wanted to they couldn't change the keys that would mean replacing everyone's 3DS with a new one and that's not going to happen.

I was referring to the crypto keys Nintendo introduced with 9.6 not the signing keys.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
DLCs are in one file I think. So just get the whole pack from that iso site.
I did, all of them in one CIA, I bought some DLC, removed them using System Settings, loaded Smash to make sure they where gone, installed the "All DLCs" cia, but only the DLC I've actually bought is working :/

Dennis G

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thank you so much! I finally have CakesFW booting emunand! Sig patches, Cia installing, everything! Thanks a ton man. Can't believe it took me 3 days to get a proper functioning CFW running. :P
Hey man could you help me out? i've bin going on for 4 days now and i still have no CFW working, what i've got is this:
I have acces to Ninjahax 1.1 and 2.5 + menuhax + browserhax + ironhax, i have 9.2.0-20E on my N3ds XL and N3ds. Both of them used to be on 10.3, downgraded, BUT, anything that has to do with 9.2 doessn't work (Cfw, Decrypt9 EmuNAND9). meaning, if i boot ninjhax 1.1 or 2.5 to CTRBootManager, and pick any of the 9.2 stuff it will just get a red and black screen not doing anything, best result i get is stuff kicking me back to CtrBootManager, this also happens if i use homebrew launcher to launch those 4 fixed Cfw 3dsx that someone posted to you.
Just black/red screens and stuff crashing back to homebrew launcher, i've tryed Minipasta,pastacfw,cakecw,rxtools,reinand, pretty much everything. this is my boot.cfg:
boot_config :
{
timeout = 2;
autobootfix = 2;
recovery = 2;
default = 5;
entries = (
{
title = "Cakes";
path = "/Cakes.dat";
offset = "0x12000";
},
{
title = "ReiNand";
path = "/3ds/ReiNand/ReiNand.3dsx";
offset = "0x12000";
},
{
title = "MiniPasta";
path = "/3ds/miniPasta/miniPasta.3dsx";
offset = "0x12000";
},
{
title = "Pasta";
path = "/3ds/PastaCFW/loader.bin";
offset = "0x12000";
},
{
title = "rxTools";
path = "/rxTools/sys/code.bin";
offset = "0x12000";
},
{
title = "Homebrew";
path = "/boot_hb.3dsx";
},
{
title = "ftBroney";
path = "/3ds/ftbrony/ftbrony.3dsx";
key = -1;
},
{
title = "Homebrew";
path = "/boot_hb.3dsx";
},
{
title = "Reboot";
path = "/gridlauncher/Reboot.3dsx";
},
{
title = "Power Off";
path = "/gridlauncher/Shutdown.3dsx";
} );
};

Please help me obi wan kenobi you're my last hope.

Last edited by Dennis G,

s3r1alpari4h

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok guys halllpppp

My Japanese N3DS non XL came today (yay)!
And it was on firmware 8.1, browser required and update so I had to update to 10.3 to use browserhax. I installed Menuhax but sysUpdater allllways hangs on either step #5 or step #7 of the ARM11 exploit :(

Any ideas? Thanks.

s3r1alpari4h

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried something crazy. I replaced boot.3dsx with sysUpdater. Now it passes the kernel exploit but now when I press Y I get titleExcpetion:
main.cpp:100: Result: 0xD8E08020
Failed to get CIA file info!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Turns out some of my cias in updates were 0 bytes. That's been happening alot today lemme replace them..

Black screen at 3DS boot
This is fucking bullshit -_-
Boots to recovery mode... Maybe I should try an update

Trying an update
._. Can't believe I (think i) broke my 3ds on its first day

mario6714

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country