Homebrew “An exception occurred"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*SMH* i honestly suggeted this (CTRTransfeer/Restore old Pre-B9S NAND Backup) in your Last thread OP, and as it seemed not what you wanted to hear you shrugged it off (and for gods sakes dont create more threads for this .. this is yoru 3rd, mods are soon going to get pissed Off and your going to get suspended.

dont really go asking for more help till you tried everything people have suggested. it's Rare but heres food for thought (sorry if this comes across hostile.) but 3DS NANDs do wear out after awhile and it can be random when they give out. if a CTRNANDTransfeer doesnt fix or a A9LH NAND Backup (to repeat the process w/ having backed up your SD, Format it clean and only throwing on it what you need for the Migration process again.) 1: somethings being transfered/installed corrupted (likely you have a failing SD or its a fake.) or your 3DS's NAND has begun to fail.

sorry to be brunt like that But sometimes to get the message across one must needs be such. and if your NAND has begun to fail its a surprise you havent seen anything beforehand till now. i can say i feel for you as my A Link Between Worlds O3DSXL did this right on day 1 i had to restore the NAND backup i made before hand go back to A9LH, backup everything off SD, Format it clean copy back over, and redo the A9LH to B9S Process. i havent seen it encounter any Arm11 crashes by Luma/Home Menu load since.

Reactions: wormdood

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well.. it turned on properly
thats good info the reason i did not suggest that as a solution is because it says "if you get a blackscreen" but you had an encryption error . . . but when you said your console boots a blackscreen without the sd card . . . i should have caught it then . . . good thing this is just my spare time and not a job . . . but i am glad to see your up and running (well sort of) again

Bella Lawrence

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    726.4 KB · Views: 133

Bella Lawrence

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Possible, though since that would be using a backup of your nand.
You could still try installing ctr luma unto the 3ds to see if it starts(fully clean your sd again and only the minimal necy files again) with that and no sd card
Which files do i get rid of and keep, just so i don't screw it up

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    1 MB · Views: 151

Greymane

Lurking gbatemp pony
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Which files do i get rid of and keep, just so i don't screw it up
https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup the files you need are in section I step 11 to 16, the section you follow for the ctr luma is section VI.

Edit: Did you restore all the files you formated away from your sd card back on it after the last ctr nand restore?

Last edited by Greymane,

Bella Lawrence

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup the files you need are in section I step 11 to 16, the section you follow for the ctr luma is section VI.

Edit: Did you restore all the files you formated away from your sd card back on it after the last ctr nand restore?
The first time you guys told me to format and stuff i never did format or anything, but i did backup my sd card

Greymane

Lurking gbatemp pony
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Make your sd card look like it is in the file, start your 3ds normaly to see if the error persists. the luma and boot need to be the newest stable releases.

Edit: only the soundhax isnt needed

Attachments

• finalizing-setup-file-layout.png
    finalizing-setup-file-layout.png
    13.9 KB · Views: 188

Bella Lawrence

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Make your sd card look like it is in the file, start your 3ds normaly to see if the error persists. the luma and boot need to be the newest stable releases.

Edit: only the soundhax isnt needed
I did all that, did the ctr thing, same error BUT my 3ds can boot without the sd card now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls