Homebrew [Request] Region free 3DS Download Play

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So much potential, so many bad choices on Nintendo's part. Use the damn IR sensor to establish a connection between 3DS's that transmits SSID data for local ad-hoc multiplayer/download play options and then disable IR. Literally, easy ad-hoc multiplayer without an access point.

Wait, that means putting a WiFi card in that doesn't cap out at 1Mb/s. :(
Infered? HA! Haven't used that since Gameboy color, and that was only pokemon gold/silver/crystal exlcusive for mystery gifts, still was unnecessary, it only supported those games as far as i know. Least is not that GBA wireless link accessory that came with pokemon fire red/leaf green that worked with... ONLY POKEMON GAMES. Only pokemon games even push these accessories as many other games that would be able to support it goes unused. :P

Reactions: hobbledehoy899
D

Deleted-351540

Infered? HA! Haven't used that since Gameboy color, and that was only pokemon gold/silver/crystal exlcusive for mystery gifts, still was unnecessary, it only supported those games as far as i know. Least is not that GBA wireless link accessory that came with pokemon fire red/leaf green that worked with... ONLY POKEMON GAMES. Only pokemon games even push these accessories as many other games that would be able to support it goes unused. :P
That's fine. Most games won't require anything like this. But it would have been awesome if Nintendo had included an option for it.

Own the same game as the kid sitting next to you but neither of you have WiFi available? Select the 'IRConnect' (I just came up with a name) option in the Home menu on one 3DS, then select a game. Hold both IR sensors together and let the magic happen. 2nd 3DS automatically connects, opens the game, and configured multiplayer. It sounds so simple, but apparently I'm wrong because literally nobody uses the IR sensor on the 3DS. Not even Nintendo. I often wonder why it's even there.

Or even better, allow us access to it so someone can make an an application for the 3DS (homebrew or legit, I don't care) that allows us to at minimum... Control the music player with a compatible IR remote. I have a n3DS hooked up to my HTPC with KitKat and often use the 3DS for music on my SD card while I play something else on my HTPC muted. Yes, I know there are better options, but this works. It would be cool to just grab my Harmony remote and switch inputs to the 3DS to change tracks instead of having to get up and do it manually.

Seriously Nintendo.

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i dont know why tv manufactures put the hdmi ports in dumb locations so the cables have to stick out, and then down, putting strain on the ports. Instead of having the ports along the bottom edge of the tv facing downwards.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    windows me was mostly on laptops if i remembered correctly
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I hate that too where you have to use an HDMI extension for an Amazon Fire Stick.
    +1
    I had a desktop with ME on it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, And also cheap-ass desktop PCs like eMachines.
    Worst MS OS in history. Period.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My entertainment centers blocking all my io gotta fix that eventually
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I had used win 98 SE till XP arrived
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah I can still go for totinos