• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

2010 FIFA WORLD CUP Finals

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 52,452
  • Replies 807

Who do you think is going to win the 2010 FIFA WORLD CUP Finals?

• Spain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Netherlands

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
D

Deleted User

OP
CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!SPAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spain-fc11.jpg

spain-fc11.jpg

THE FINALS ARE HERE!!!!!!!!​

220px-Netherlands_national_football.png

VS

spain-fc11.jpg

FOR

world_cup_trophy1.jpg

2010-world-cup-logo4.jpg
THE FIFA WORLD CUP FINALS IS NOW HERE!!!

I Hope you are either there or watching it on television WITH ESPN'S EXCITING 3-D, or just even regular HD, or maybe 2D. It does not matter, WATCH THE GAMES and DISCUSS HERE.

EDIT​

The KNOCKOUT STAGES ARE HERE!!!! LOOK AT THE FIXTURES BELOW.
{TIMES IN GMT}

SECOND ROUND

June 26 - Uruguay v South Korea 14:00
- United States v Ghana 18:30

June 27 - Germany v England 14:00
- Argentina v Mexico 18:30

June 28 - Netherlands v Slovakia 14:00
- Brazil v Chile 18:30

June 29 - Paraguay v Japan 14:00
- Spain v Portugal 18:30

QUARTER FINALS

July 2 - Netherlands v Brazil 14:00
- Uruguay v Ghana 18:30

July 3 - Argentina v Germany 14:00
- Paraguay v Spain 18:30

SEMI FINALS

July 6 - Netherlands v Uruguay 18:30

July 7 - Germany v Spain 18:30

THIRD PLACE

July 10 - Uruguay v Germany 18:30

FINALS

July 11 - Netherlands v Spain 18:30

PRE-World Cup​

Since the FIFA WORLD CUP FINALS is coming soon I decided to make a thread about it.

I would like Brazil to win.
cool.gif
Who's your choice?
unsure.gif
Do you think Italy will defend? Or will some other team take the trophy!

From 11 June to 11 July 2010 experience one month long of the BIGGEST SPORTING EVENT in the WORLD!!!!

YAY 100 Posts

EDIT​

If you are watching the World Cup on television on a Hi-DEF TV, ESPN is unveiling its 3-D Network. Starting with the first Match Between Mexico and South Africa.
yay.gif

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=4796555

EDIT (ADDED POLL QUESTION)​

Which Group do you think is the Best?​

Group A - South Africa, Mexico, Uruguay, and France
Group B - Argentina, Nigeria, Korea Republic and Greece
Group C - England, United States, Algeria, and Slovenia
Group D - Germany, Australia, Serbia and Ghana
Group E - Netherlands, Denmark, Japan and Cameroon
Group F - Italy, Paraguay, New Zealand and Slovakia
Group G - Brazil, Korea DPR, Cote d'Ivoire(Ivory Coast) and Portugal
Group H - Spain, Switzerland, Honduras and Chile

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Argentina have Messi, and they're solid in all departments now...
But Spain could also win, they haven't lost a single game for ages, they won the European Cup (2008) pretty easily. They have an awesome team.

First 4 should be Argentina, Spain, Brazil, and hmm the 4th one? [england/portugal/italy/france/germany]...

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
67birdman said:
Italy FTW!!

No way, they won't win it for sure.
They are still a good team, but they are a bit too old now IMHO.
Also, do rulers like Totti, Pirlo and Nesta still want to come?

Costello said:
Argentina have Messi, and they're solid in all departments now...
But Spain could also win, they haven't lost a single game for ages, they won the European Cup (2008) pretty easily. They have an awesome team.

First 4 should be Argentina, Spain, Brazil, and hmm the 4th one? [england/portugal/italy/france/germany]...

Argentina have Messi indeed, but they also have Maradonna, which is like the worst trainer in their history.
I really don't understand why they appointed him as trainer, he was a godly player, but he never was into tactics and all.
Also, I have seen Messi a couple of times with Argentina, and he wasn't that good at all, not so decisive as he is with Barcelona.
Another point, they barely placed themselves for the World Cup! They completely sucked in the qualifications, it was in the last qualification game that they were sure of their place!

No, they won't win, I think they will die in the quarter finals already.

@Jakob95

Good chance, Germany is (together with the Holland) one of the most consistent national team in the world, they always reach quarter finals or half finals.
But they don't have enough quality to stop Brazil/Spain, so they both won't win it IMHO.

TM2-Megatron said:
No idea... but I do know that I can't get the official song for this out of my head.

What's the official song? I haven't heard it, it's not out here yet.

QUOTE(Jasper07 @ Apr 11 2010, 09:21 AM) HUP HOLLAND HUP =)

They will get far, but won't win it (although I would like them to win it).

QUOTE(OSW @ Apr 11 2010, 09:30 AM)
Spain. But god would I love Australia to do as well or even better than the last world cup
toot.gif

Exactly, I too think Spain will win this.
They just have multiple world class players on every position, that's what makes them so strong.
Just look at their goalies. They have like 4 keepers that are in a world class teams!

Brazil and England are some of my other favorite teams and maybe they will win it, but their team aren't as good as Spain.
So Spain ftw!

And France? Knocked out in group stage I think, so weak since Zidane left, unbelievable. Although they have quite an easy group, I wouldn't be surprised if they were knocked out very early on.

And for some general Soccer chatter, check out this thread.

jlsyber

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The best strikers are easily Rooney and Drogba, but the rest of their teams suck
tongue.gif

Going for England though. *biased*

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have to say................Italy.......but that's just the heart speaking, not my logic .
Because...well the world cup is the only thing that makes me feel my nationality every 4 years...........other then that I couldn't care any less ( I've been living in the Sates for ages now ) !

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think England have a chance this year, I was looking at the matches they will have to play up to the semi finals and and taking into account the two best teams winning each group and England topping there group then they have a great layout. I think that England will win their group ( Sorry USA but to be honest you suck at Football, not soccer but football, soccer is a stupid name
biggrin.gif
)

So come one England

England vs Spain is my bet

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Portugal...as much as it is my country, I don't think we have nearly as half as the quality we had 4 years ago when we reached 4th place. We'll barely manage to cling on to 2nd in the group stage (Brazil will get 1st), and then go down in the quarter finals after a win in the round of 16 against a weaker team. At least that what I think. Figo and Pauleta were one of the world's best players, with then gone, and Ronaldo absolutely sucking (Ronaldo = Maradona - they both are amazing, one for R.Madrid, other was the best player in the world, but now they both suck at national teams playing/coaching), we won't go far.

Italy is my choice, once again (ok, probably biased since I'm half Italian). The team is strong, focused...ultimately, a powerhouse. We have tons of difficulties, sure, with the story of defending the title, and winners curse probably is going to knock us out like it did in Euro '08, but I believe that we can at least reach the semis. Would be awesome to reach the finals and win again, though.

Possible candidates to win (apart from those mentioned above):

Spain - awesome team, really got stronger.
Germany - cold-blooded, focused consistency of a "sniper" team
Brazil - ain't 5 time champ for nothing, plus great players and natural dominance
Argentina - if Maradona doesn't go crazy with bad tactics
France - good team, not the best, but still very focused
South Africa - the host will go far, trust me. It happens like that every time (though not WIN, but like..quarters)
Holland - like Germany, although their football is a show to watch. Nothing can stop them when they put their hearts into it
England - if they get their heads together and realize that it's not a walk in the park

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1