BennyBoo43

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys.

Me and the wife bought our Son a 2DSXL for Christmas with the intention of using the R4i to install CFW (now we realise we needed a different card for 3ds games)

It's running 11.6 and I've bought a Gateway card (blue and red) as we wanted to use 3DS games for educational and backup purposes

Using all the googles and "How To's" I just cannot get anything to work.. the Cards are not seen in the DS normally, I finally got one card to be seen but the .nds file wouldn't load..

Have we made a mistake?

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Hi Guys.

Me and the wife bought our Son a 2DSXL for Christmas with the intention of using the R4i to install CFW (now we realise we needed a different card for 3ds games)

It's running 11.6 and I've bought a Gateway card (blue and red) as we wanted to use 3DS games for educational and backup purposes

Using all the googles and "How To's" I just cannot get anything to work.. the Cards are not seen in the DS normally, I finally got one card to be seen but the .nds file wouldn't load..

Have we made a mistake?
Not really. What NDS flashcarts you have?

Reactions: BennyBoo43

bootmonster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway is no longer supported and is more hassle than it's worth to get working, so afraid that's probably been a waste of money.

What you need is a flashcard with ntrboot installed, the r4i may have this already.

What is the exact flashcard name? Ideally could you post pictures of the r4i box and cartridge.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Guys.

Have we made a mistake?
You didn't need a different card for one. Once you have CFW all 3DS games can be installed to the home menu. MicroSD cards are pretty cheap so memory isn't an issue and you can use a 64GB one in the DS if you want to (I don't recommend anything higher). That said, you should still be able to use the flashcard to install CFW if you have the right kernel. Flashcards don't come ready to use out of the box, you have to visit the website on the front of the card to get the firmware it needs to run (The 3DS.guide explains this before you even read the directions for the hack). Once you have a working flashcard, THEN you can use it to install CFW. As for the Gateway card, you shouldn't have bought it. Gateway doesn't work on firmware over 11.3 and it only works with an emunand. To use Gateway on your system you HAVE to have CFW anyway, and even then you have to be cautious because Gateway has no firm protection and can remove CFW or soft brick your console when booted on unsupported firmware/NANDs.

So what Flashcard do you have specifically, there are TONS of R4i flashcards? I can help you find the working kernel and then you can follow the single system guide using the .nds file.

BennyBoo43

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks guys.

We don't have an R4i as yet, I was getting confused with what version to get..

We bought the Gateway 3DS red and blue card..

Can't seem to upload a picture..
14510529294921-01.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to say, you can't do anything with a Gateway card on your console. You need a proper flashcard. If you wanted 3DS compatibility in just a flashcard you could have bought a Stargate.

You can buy them pre-flashed if you want which IMO is the easiest for new comers since it's skipping a step. At the same time though, you won't know how to fix it if you accidentally mess something up (like the other guy on here that injected NTRBoot into a pre-flashed card without making a backup).

Reactions: Quantumcat

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi Guys.

Have we made a mistake?
You could have used R4i Gold 3DS Plus to install CFW, like you were thinking of. That would have been a much cheaper solution.
You're still going to need one in order to install B9S. You can't do anything on 11.6 without a ntrboot compatible DS flashcart or a second backed 3DS.

BennyBoo43

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thankyou guys.

So, what we need is another Card, the R4i..

To play backuo 3ds games on the 2dsxl, can we use the gateway after we install a cfw?

Ben

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Thankyou guys.

To play backuo 3ds games on the 2dsxl, can we use the gateway after we install a cfw?

Ben

Yes, you need R4i flashcard. Preferably this one.
Yes, you can use it if you create emuNAND, but there is no point in doing that.

Xyphoseos

Hack or no games
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thankyou guys.

Ben

put your gateway to the trash
Buy an R4i gold 3ds +
Buy an SD card to stock nds game
Hack your 3ds with your r4i
Buy another sd card higher than 4gb (base 3ds sd card) to install 3ds game
gateway is useless and for certain people a curse
Now Emunand is useless too

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended