34c3 hacker conference starts 27th of December, Switch talk slated

34c3logo.png

The annual European hacker conference known as chaos community congress, aka C3, is set to start tomorrow (27th of December) at time of writing with this year's being 34c3. We often get questions here from those looking to learn to hack things and the talks at such conferences are a fantastic way to learn both the basics and the latest and the greatest techniques.
Previous years at C3 have included talks on the Wii, PS3, 3ds and many classic consoles as well. This year the Switch is set to have what is known about its security system detailed.

The schedule of talks is called the Fahrplan (it is a German conference and host group, though many talks are in English).
https://events.ccc.de/congress/2017/Fahrplan/timeline.html
The times listed are the times in Germany.

The talks are streamed and later made available for download and viewing on youtube, older streams can be viewed right now here and older ones still here. There may also be a stream available for viewing at a hackerspace/makerspace near you. Questions can be asked live over the internet too.

Existing thread about the Switch talk
Feel free to discuss any other talks in this thread.

What are you looking forward to seeing? Car hacking, Science is broken, chip fabrication and a new technique to defeat ASLR are some of those that immediately stand out here.

34c3-tuwat.png

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can get a lot from the slides but the old page on the xbox linux wiki is where I would normally point people
https://web.archive.org/web/2010061...es_Microsoft_Made_in_the_Xbox_Security_System
and you might get something from the following

Edit. Forgot to also mention
https://www.nostarch.com/xboxfree
Bunnie's book on the matter has since been made available for free which is nice.

The next step is usually what changed for the 360

Just ignore the part about SMC (it eventually led to RGH).

Last edited by FAST6191,

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
Hasn't the 3DS already been hacked to high heaven?
yeah but any announcements on any homebrews running even more stable like the ps1 retroarch core hasn't ever been stable sound and speed wise... a way to play thps4 without any stutters in sounds and fps would be nice... also I would like to have the ability to use grid launcher on boot again like back in the usernand days and game streaming from a pc can always be improved...

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah but any announcements on any homebrews running even more stable like the ps1 retroarch core hasn't ever been stable sound and speed wise... a way to play thps4 without any stutters in sounds and fps would be nice... also I would like to have the ability to use grid launcher on boot again like back in the usernand days and game streaming from a pc can always be improved...

That would just require more optimizing though, nothing that would need to be announced, really

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The switch thing got covered in the switch thread.

I do normally go through the ones I found interesting but thus far have done none.

Reactions: Jayro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.