Homebrew 3DS Developer Unit Software [30 Pictures]

D

Deleted User

But this is the same guy who said a vga cable was a controller board....
Geez your still holding onto that? "You've got issues man, serious issues." (Yugioh the Abridged Movie =p)
I meant FPGA. I typed VGA in a rush..
But your not entirely right though either. There ARE VGA controller boards; I just made the wrong post at the wrong time, it happens. I felt embarrassed but it's not stopping the world from going around.
http://www.alibaba.c...controller.html
http://www.tevs.eu/s...6.JPG.small.jpg
yu-gi-oh :bow:

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow man I said 1 sentence no need to go wild.
I was proving a point; sorry if I came out too harsh, I wasn't trying to. There's no need to to make it appear as if I know really little about the developing because of 1 sentence (mostly) with the VGA, either.

Critica1

Trophies
Website
www.onehitgamer.com
XP
Country
United States
CTR does not mean cartridge as I have observed. The DS cartridge have printed NTR which is a bit strange if CTR stood out for cartridge.

3DS format:
LNA-CTR-XXXX-XXX

DS format
NTR-XXXX-XXX

key:
Game ID
Region

I see we have acronyms to solve here. It's an assumption to be a acronym. It could also be code name for something completely different. Any answers?

D

Deleted_171835

CTR does not mean cartridge as I have observed. The DS cartridge have printed NTR which is a bit strange if CTR stood out for cartridge.
I see we have acronyms to solve here. It's an assumption to be a acronym. It could also be code name for something completely different. Any answers?
Control.

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
DS & DS L >>> NTR-XXXX-XXX= Nitro
DSi & DSi XL >>> TWL-XXXX-XXX= .....TWin powerd & Lighter? :blink:
3DS >>> LNA-CTR-XXXX-XXX = .....Latin North America Central Time Zone Realm? :blink: or List North America, Cart TRigger :ha:

Game ID
Region

the LNA on the 3ds could be for the console, & the CTR could be the sdk code name tho.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
nice pics

what firmware version you got on your dev unit?

last time i used one it had

photo1ko.jpg

just wondering if yours is newer rev

pm if you prefer not to post the version

Critica1

Trophies
Website
www.onehitgamer.com
XP
Country
United States
It could be very plausible that CTR is the SKU for the 3DS. It is also known that CTR is the code name for the 3DS, but it is unknown what it actually means. It's real meaning hasn't been found out yet.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i didnt dl the rar but , do you have the flashcart too? or the just the 3ds sdk dev kit unit itself?
i assume you have the sdk software, but even if you do have a sdk flashcart and could clone the hardware , it wouldnt be able to be used in any old 3ds right? just a sdk dev unit 3ds right?
is this at all usefull for finding an exploit ,or only for developing homebrew,but not a method to run it on a retail unit?

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i didnt dl the rar but , do you have the flashcart too? or the just the 3ds sdk dev kit unit itself?
i assume you have the sdk software, but even if you do have a sdk flashcart and could clone the hardware , it wouldnt be able to be used in any old 3ds right? just a sdk dev unit 3ds right?
is this at all usefull for finding an exploit ,or only for developing homebrew,but not a method to run it on a retail unit?
I'm working on getting SDK software. I don't have flash card.
Yes and no. If I get the SDK software and make a channel dumper/installer, then someone finds an exploit, theoretically the channel dumper/installer works because it's a 3ds executable. Theory doesn't always work though. But Dev 3DS's can run unsigned CIAs which can be used for installing custom channels but we don't know how to make those yet.

rondoh70

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
solcity I know know dev software would not work on the 3ds in normal mode, but if we find an exploit would dev software work then?

snikerz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lesotho
I'm working on getting SDK software. I don't have flash card.
Yes and no. If I get the SDK software and make a channel dumper/installer, then someone finds an exploit, theoretically the channel dumper/installer works because it's a 3ds executable. Theory doesn't always work though. But Dev 3DS's can run unsigned CIAs which can be used for installing custom channels but we don't know how to make those yet.

That's very vague. What kind of exploit? Just running unsigned code or privilege escalation? Apparently, you don't know much about infosec.

BoxmanWTF

♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users