Hardware 3ds hardware online - where to buy?

Marcus Aseth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys, I am in need of both a 3ds LL battery and charger, since I fear the cheap charger "made in China" I'm using right now could have shortened the life of the original battery, which is kind of acting up... But, where I purchase online "original" and brand new components for it (especially the battery)? Like I don't want to use another anonimous charger, just to be safe.
Please suggest me some reliable sites, possibly in the EU, otherwise Customs charge me a sh%tload of taxes:)

Last edited by Marcus Aseth,

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That may be difficult. Nintendo of America sells SPR-003 batteries in their online store, but only ships using UPS Ground because there are restrictions on mailing of Lithium batteries. In order to find an OEM replacement in your area, you must try EU websites.

A secondary problem is finding OEM. Ebay UK has SPR-003 batteries in Germany and France, but they all look like cheap chinese knockoffs. The ones which look OEM are shipped from the United States and only to Canada.

I'll keep looking around.

Edit: Found this site.
http://www.consolesandgadgets.co.uk...pare-3ds-xl-battery-pack-2500-mah-p-4305.html

The battery comes in some crappy packaging so it must be a knockoff.

They're in the UK. I once read online somewhere that you can confirm the legitimacy of an online business by checking of their "contact us" page has an actual address. Seems the address of this site leads to an office building covered in "for rent" signs according to Google Maps.

Can't find much else. Sorry :(

Last edited by Pluupy,
Reactions: Marcus Aseth

Marcus Aseth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Disheartening news :( Thanks for trying

I also forgot to ask a more basic question which is: any 3ds XL battery is compatible with a 3ds LL?

Marcus Aseth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've just sent an e-mail to the custom service in charge for the nintendo e-shop in my region (which by the way has all "sold out" on all the accessories), just to see what they have to say on the matter, if they answer...

I never tought about this before, but now "reliability" will be a factor which I will take seriously into consideration before any future game investments, and Nintendo right now is proving to be an extremely unreliable investment... :(

I mean, had they given me a charger when I bought the console, I wouldn't be in this situation, maybe... :(

JJ123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would not recommend Amazon, simply because of reliability issues. For example, I bought a NEW replacement LCD screen for my 3DS. When I got it, it was used, damaged, and not working. Many of the parts sold on Amazon for about 80% of electronics are from third-party companies, so make sure you are getting parts either from well known distributors or not from Amazon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eGAHfC5P-Y