Hardware 3ds LL shut down when I pressed the Home button?!

Marcus Aseth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is this happened to anyone?

I just wanted to check the time during game, so I pressed Home and it completely shut down (with an almost full battery)...
What could be the reason for this? x_x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Marcus Aseth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It happened only once so far though x_x
Opening the 3ds seems overkill, and frankly I am afraid to fuck it up even more x_x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It happened only once so far though x_x
Opening the 3ds seems overkill, and frankly I am afraid to fuck it up even more x_x

Have you tried pressing the Home Button any further? If you have and the symptom happens again, you have no other choice then to live with a broken Home Button or go open the 3DS and fix it.

Marcus Aseth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Have you tried pressing the Home Button any further? If you have and the symptom happens again, you have no other choice then to live with a broken Home Button or go open the 3DS and fix it.

Yes, I pressed it at least 10 times since then, and never misbehaved yet.
I should also point out that when the 3ds shut down that time I pressed the home button, I was helding the 3ds with an inclination of 15°- 20° clockwise (for random reasons) with my right hand while I pressed the button with the left index, making the console oscillate a bit. So my current fix for it is a stable grip and horizontal position for the console.
But I wonder what happened that time... maybe the oscillation took the battery slightly out of pisition, interrupting power and thus shutting down the console? x_x

Last edited by Marcus Aseth,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless you removed the bottom cover, that battery should have contacts at all times and should never have a power cut off. But because we want to eliminate that possibility, try inserting a very thin layer of foam or note card on top of the battery between that and the cover. To prevent it from moving if it moves.

This is on an old 3DS LL, correct? If the problem reappears form normal handling after the foam/paper stacking trick, try getting a replacement battery. It could be your battery getting old and not providing stable voltage even if it still has some juice in it.

If that still doesn't fix it pressing the Home Button, one of your flex cables (not necessarily the Home Button one) is on its way out. Try reseating the WiFi if it it loose.

Marcus Aseth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Can't tell if is the old version, anyway is manufactured in 2013

Actually I have some additional info, don't know if could help to troubleshoot this before opening the 3ds (which I would like to leave as last resort)

You know those "games" where you have to write japanese kanjis? (kanji training games, like kanken training 2)
If the power cable is attached to the 3ds, the writing is not smooth, like if somethimes the touchscreen "skip" reading the input and so if you try to do a line, you get a dashed line.
But when the power cable is disconnected, then the writing becomes smooth.

Also, once I tried to turn on the 3ds while the power cable was attached, the blue led flashed for an instant and nothing happened, and 3 subsequent attempt to turn on the 3ds failed, even after unplugging the cable, it didn't turned on. So I kind of waited, then I tried to hold the power button, the led fleshed blue and then red, and then on the next attemp of turning it on, it worked.
So...Any guess about what's going on? :S

Last edited by Marcus Aseth,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"