• Views 4,392,940
  • Replies 53,717
  • Likes 43

cleanlinessCrusader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So,um. I was wondering how I could dump ROMs from the VC GB/GBA releases? It seems evident that it's possible, but I've been unable to find an explanation from "No 3DS hacks at all" to "ROMs safely backed up in Game Boy folder".

ThatOneCookie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few questions
1.Can you go online with a freeshop game
2.Can you transfer pokemon with a game from the freeshop and a actual game

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, my brothers friend deleted via fbi the system settings from his 3ds (and other things, too) , now he wants to recover them.

His 3ds in on 11.6 usa console. He can run fbi via rosalina.

So the question is.... It is possible to download the systems settings as a cia, so he can access and make an update to restore the things he deleted?
Try updating using recovery mode (even if you're on the latest firmware, if any system cias are missing it will download them). Hold L+R+Up+A before and during boot.

If that doesn't work you can download all 11.6 cias for your region and device type using 3DNUS and install them using FBI.

Reactions: pilladoll

pilladoll

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Try updating using recovery mode (even if you're on the latest firmware, if any system cias are missing it will download them). Hold L+R+Up+A before and during boot.

If that doesn't work you can download all 11.6 cias for your region and device type using 3DNUS and install them using FBI.

Will try. Wish me luck

baked potato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its been good year and a half since ive used this place so i forgot where to ask.

I bricked my 3ds it seems, mostly a simple cfw issue from the looks of it, but i have no idea how to fix it. I asked earlier on 4chans /hbg/ but i forgot they dont tend to be very helpful at times.

Its a new3dsxl with an old version of b9s by the way. not sure what firmware i was on unfortunately

Anyways, the specific issue i had was that i havent used my 3ds in about 6 months up until a week ago. I went ahead and updated luma, and after restarting the 3ds, it longer boots. I press the power button, the LED lights up for 1 second then turns off. From what ive been told its because I didnt have b9s when i updated, but after looking at a guide for updating to b9s, i was able to confirm that I did update to b9s, atleast some time in late 2016 anyways. From what I understand b9s needs to be updated, though honestly im not really sure how one would do this, been to long since i blew the dust of this thing.

Any help would be appreciated

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Its been good year and a half since ive used this place so i forgot where to ask.

I bricked my 3ds it seems, mostly a simple cfw issue from the looks of it, but i have no idea how to fix it. I asked earlier on 4chans /hbg/ but i forgot they dont tend to be very helpful at times.

Its a new3dsxl with an old version of b9s by the way. not sure what firmware i was on unfortunately

Anyways, the specific issue i had was that i havent used my 3ds in about 6 months up until a week ago. I went ahead and updated luma, and after restarting the 3ds, it longer boots. I press the power button, the LED lights up for 1 second then turns off. From what ive been told its because I didnt have b9s when i updated, but after looking at a guide for updating to b9s, i was able to confirm that I did update to b9s, atleast some time in late 2016 anyways. From what I understand b9s needs to be updated, though honestly im not really sure how one would do this, been to long since i blew the dust of this thing.

Any help would be appreciated
Get the boot.firm from Luma 7.1: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v7.1 , then follow this: https://3ds.guide/updating-b9s

Reactions: Quantumcat

baked potato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
ah yes that worked, thanks my man. ill update later how ever since its pretty late where i am

i find it odd that the file is on the sd card rather than in the 3ds itself. i thought b9s was supposed to have cfw through the system itself rather than through the sd card?
It does, the exploit is that it loads whatever is in boot.firm on start up. This is so it is updateable without having to do risky system install stuff each time. Also, if an update messes with it, you can fix it by just replacing a file in the SD card. If it is hardcoded in the system, you now can't access anything to change it and it would be goodbye console (this is what derek's implementation did).

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
It does, the exploit is that it loads whatever is in boot.firm on start up. This is so it is updateable without having to do risky system install stuff each time. Also, if an update messes with it, you can fix it by just replacing a file in the SD card. If it is hardcoded in the system, you now can't access anything to change it and it would be goodbye console (this is what derek's implementation did).
Goodbye console except with ntrboot.

notanexpert

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I have a 2dsXL and would like to play games using save states and pausing like on an emulator (those two things make games MUCH more accessible to me due to some cognitive challenges). I'm interested in some homebrew titles but just playing retail roms with those features would be rad. I have been looking at the various subforums here and 3dsguide of course, but I am feeling pretty confused and overwhelmed at figuring out what I need to do. I can follow instructions, I just can't figure out if following the 3dsguide guide will actually do what I want to do!
- Is it even possible to have save states and pausing on games? If so, do I need to install anything else after following the 3dsguide?
- Would the DSTT cart do what I need it to do, or should I just get the R4i Gold 3DS Plus so I can skip that section of the guide? I don't understand the difference between ntr mode and NDS mode so I don't think I need the switch feature? But I also don't know how to make sure that the "flash chip" for a DSTT cart is compatible?
- OR can I do what I want to do without a flashcart, using TWLoader on a microSD card? It looks to me like TWLoader needs to have ntrboot done to the 2ds in order to work, and that to install ntrboot I need to have a flashcart. Is that accurate?
- The main game I want to play (Tongari Boushi to Mahou no Omise) is not on the "nds-boostrap compatibility list". Is it unlikely to work if it's not on that list at all? The previous game in the series, Magician's Quest, is on the list and is marked in red. Does that mean the sequel is not likely to run either?
- I have a 32gb micro sd card. Is it better to put this in the 3ds itself or in the flashcart?
Thank you in advance for any help!

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hello! I have a 2dsXL and would like to play games using save states and pausing like on an emulator (those two things make games MUCH more accessible to me due to some cognitive challenges). I'm interested in some homebrew titles but just playing retail roms with those features would be rad. I have been looking at the various subforums here and 3dsguide of course, but I am feeling pretty confused and overwhelmed at figuring out what I need to do. I can follow instructions, I just can't figure out if following the 3dsguide guide will actually do what I want to do!
- Is it even possible to have save states and pausing on games? If so, do I need to install anything else after following the 3dsguide?
- Would the DSTT cart do what I need it to do, or should I just get the R4i Gold 3DS Plus so I can skip that section of the guide? I don't understand the difference between ntr mode and NDS mode so I don't think I need the switch feature? But I also don't know how to make sure that the "flash chip" for a DSTT cart is compatible?
- OR can I do what I want to do without a flashcart, using TWLoader on a microSD card? It looks to me like TWLoader needs to have ntrboot done to the 2ds in order to work, and that to install ntrboot I need to have a flashcart. Is that accurate?
- The main game I want to play (Tongari Boushi to Mahou no Omise) is not on the "nds-boostrap compatibility list". Is it unlikely to work if it's not on that list at all? The previous game in the series, Magician's Quest, is on the list and is marked in red. Does that mean the sequel is not likely to run either?
- I have a 32gb micro sd card. Is it better to put this in the 3ds itself or in the flashcart?
Thank you in advance for any help!
There was something experimental for save states but I don't think it went anywhere. Following https://3ds.guide will let you install games on your console, but they'll behave like you bought them ie no extra features (except using the experimental save state thing in NTR).

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Long time Gateway user looking to delve into CFW (more than likely to choose Luma). So since my firmware was kept below 4.5 does this need to be updated to use the latest CFW available? Or does the fact that my firmware is still really old work to my advantage for CFW installation?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Long time Gateway user looking to delve into CFW (more than likely to choose Luma). So since my firmware was kept below 4.5 does this need to be updated to use the latest CFW available? Or does the fact that my firmware is still really old work to my advantage for CFW installation?
Before you do anything, backup your save games by following this https://gbatemp.net/threads/importing-gateway-saves-to-cia-games.425743/
You'll be able to install JKSM by using FBI.3ds from your Gateway card to install JKSM.cia
Then, follow https://3ds.guide
You'll be able to use either the browser if you have one, or MSET (similar to how you install the DS profile exploit for Gateway).

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Piebe

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have bought a r4 i gold card but when i reach the point where i have to reboot with the magnet placed on the sweet spot, i get a black screen and my 3ds xl console doens't start. Can anybody link me to a good tutorial?

Piebe

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Make sure you're using 3ds.guide
Unfortunately my computer blocks that site and i cannot seem to bypass it. :(

But i have freeshop working, so we're getting there. Now i want to see how to run Samus Returns.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have freeshop working, can i change the downloadlocation to the mircosd card in my r4 gold?

Grof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Hello everyone! Hopefully in a couple of days I'll be getting my New 3DS XL. It's on the latest firmware version 11.6.0-39E. I was wondering which flash cart would be the best choice? I want to install custom firmware so I can use the freeshop. I was looking for resellers from Europe, but most of them seem kinda sketchy (If anyone's had a positive experience from a EU reseller feel free to suggest the shop you used).
Would something like this fit my needs (I am unable to post links as a new member): R4i Gold 3DS Plus (19.99$) from the nds-card website

I've also noticed a cheaper variant, but from the description it doesn't seem to come preflashed with ntrboot loader. Since I don't have a sd card reader I'm guessing I wouldn't be able to flash ntrboot loader myself right? R4i-SDHC 3DS RTS for New 3DS /3DS v11.6/2DS/DSi/DS Lite (13.99$)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a gameboy/n64/gamecube
    mini classic edition
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i think it would have been impossible to see anything in a gameboy mini
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    well I meant that as a figure of speech
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could just rerelease a modern gameboy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    like the pocket analogue
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but nintendo licensed
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    ?tuw
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: ?tuw