Deleted member 424658

Annoying Weaboo Girl
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
So, you can't afford to eat, and you're going to get evicted from your house, and you'll use the 3DS to escape from those stresses. Seems reasonable.

A possibility is the person's a child living at home so has no living expenses, and is under 14 so can't work, but in that case, they can use their pocket money. I used to get $2 a week in the 90s, the normal amount would be higher now. If no pocket money they could save some of their lunch money. If no lunch money and no pocket money the family would probably not be in a financial position to give their child a $200 toy. I guess there could be an extremely niche case where the parents are reasonably well off by won't give their child a single cent. Would be quite rare though I'd think.
Let's use me as an example: Last month my mom went into the hospital several times and had to catch cab rides back. After rent, bills, Christmas shopping, and the little bit of food we got, we were out of money. We literally only ate rice for the last week or so. Surely we would have enough money to buy an SD Card right?

Also just because a kid doesn't get an allowence or lunch money doesn't mean the parent(s) couldn't save up enough money over the year to provide their child with something they want (presumably) for Christmas.

goldtomato

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I deleted many files that took up space (just roms and cias) and it still says there isn't enough space...
Any more suggestions?

satan89

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I deleted many files that took up space (just roms and cias) and it still says there isn't enough space...
Any more suggestions?
You need around 1.2GB free space to make a sysNAND back-up, for a n3ds, so keep deleting stuff till you've got that much free space.

D

Deleted User

You need around 1.2GB free space to make a sysNAND back-up, for a n3ds, so keep deleting stuff till you've got that much free space.
I don't think that's the problem. That message can sometimes occur under other circumstances. It's probably not a lack of free space.

goldtomato

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you could please elaborate on solutions for other circumstances, that would be very helpful.
Right now, I have about 5 gbs of memory free and it still says that there isn't enough space.

Pickle_Rick

I'm a pickle Morty!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's use me as an example: Last month my mom went into the hospital several times and had to catch cab rides back. After rent, bills, Christmas shopping, and the little bit of food we got, we were out of money. We literally only ate rice for the last week or so. Surely we would have enough money to buy an SD Card right?

Also just because a kid doesn't get an allowence or lunch money doesn't mean the parent(s) couldn't save up enough money over the year to provide their child with something they want (presumably) for Christmas.
Yeah, it's $5. At some point you'll be able to get it. It's not like you have to get it that very second. The point remains, if your not sure that you'll have enough money to eat, the 3ds should be the least of your worries.

goldtomato

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I have done the non-corrupt files, and yes I have tried other sd cards except when I try to turn on my ds with an empty or without an sd card, the light turns on for like a second then turns off.

PowerBall253

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try doing a Backup of all files on your SD Card, then format it, and then see if you can do a NAND Backup. When it finishes (assuming you had succesfully did it), restore all files from the Backup you made.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Yes I have done the non-corrupt files, and yes I have tried other sd cards except when I try to turn on my ds with an empty or without an sd card, the light turns on for like a second then turns off.
That means you didn't finish the guide. https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup though I wouldn't recommend doing anything to your system with a corrupt SD card. Wait until you get your new one.

goldtomato

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone. I know I haven't been able to post but it's finally my school's break so I got around to fixing this 3DS again.
I managed to transfer the non-corrupted files to the new SD card and the 3DS can boot just fine but all the games that were there are missing.
I did manage to see another guide that said in order to successfully transfer everything including games, I should make an image using USB Image tool, then mounting that image to my new SD Card.
However, the problem is that the USB Image Tool cannot read the Source SD card I had with the games but some files were corrupted therefore just stays stuck at "saving image 0%...".
Is there any way to get back all my games? Or will they just have to be lost forever?

Side note: I know the games still exist because if I turn on my 3DS with the bad SD card, after 3 minutes it will actually run and show all the games on it so I know it's probably not completely lost. But if I try to play one of the games I just get stuck on an infinite loop Nintendo 3DS loading screen.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone. I know I haven't been able to post but it's finally my school's break so I got around to fixing this 3DS again.
I managed to transfer the non-corrupted files to the new SD card and the 3DS can boot just fine but all the games that were there are missing.
I did manage to see another guide that said in order to successfully transfer everything including games, I should make an image using USB Image tool, then mounting that image to my new SD Card.
However, the problem is that the USB Image Tool cannot read the Source SD card I had with the games but some files were corrupted therefore just stays stuck at "saving image 0%...".
Is there any way to get back all my games? Or will they just have to be lost forever?

Side note: I know the games still exist because if I turn on my 3DS with the bad SD card, after 3 minutes it will actually run and show all the games on it so I know it's probably not completely lost. But if I try to play one of the games I just get stuck on an infinite loop Nintendo 3DS loading screen.
In the case of data corruption, it's best to cut your losses and reinstall them from scratch.

Reactions: Pickle_Rick

goldtomato

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this 3DS had CFW on it before, I believe it was luma. Is there anyway to check if I still have it?
The idea that I transferred all the non-corrupt files but the 3DS working differently as a result is worrying me a bit before I do anything else.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So this 3DS had CFW on it before, I believe it was luma. Is there anyway to check if I still have it?
The idea that I transferred all the non-corrupt files but the 3DS working differently as a result is worrying me a bit before I do anything else.

Also, just a reminder is that I don't actually know how this 3DS was hacked before I had it. It was just given to me hacked and I was asked to restore it to its previous condition. (The previous owner only cares about the games so as long as I can get majority of the wanted games back they will be content). I do intend to get them back.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, just a reminder is that I don't actually know how this 3DS was hacked before I had it. It was just given to me hacked and I was asked to restore it to its previous condition. (The previous owner only cares about the games so as long as I can get majority of the wanted games back they will be content). I do intend to get them back.
When dealing with a corrupt SD card, it's going to be near impossible to know which files are good and which ones are bad. Anything on that SD card that wasn't already backed up should be abandoned.

goldtomato

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you recommend I should do then? Should I try to learn how to install CFW from the beginning? Honestly, I'm not too sure what direction I should take. Just a few things to explain my current circumstances is that:
1. The 3DS won't boot up without the new SD Card in it meaning that something that I did successfully copy over allows it to do so.
2. I don't have any back ups of the corrupted SD card.
3. I am pretty new to this so I am worried of ruining the 3DS. But I can follow instructions well.

Pickle_Rick

I'm a pickle Morty!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you recommend I should do then? Should I try to learn how to install CFW from the beginning? Honestly, I'm not too sure what direction I should take. Just a few things to explain my current circumstances is that:
1. The 3DS won't boot up without the new SD Card in it meaning that something that I did successfully copy over allows it to do so.
2. I don't have any back ups of the corrupted SD card.
3. I am pretty new to this so I am worried of ruining the 3DS. But I can follow instructions well.
Just download the latest luma and throw it on the SD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 9:02 am here