Homebrew 3DS: ssspwn exploit works on firmware 8.x, Smealum hopes for a release “soon”

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
depending on the country you live in, this statement might be false
i cant think of a single country where emulators are illegal....they cant just say "emulators are illegal" as emulators aren't just used for playing old retro games, android SDK comes with an emulator to help developers, even the 3ds and wiiu use emulators to play the old nes/snes games.....emulators are not illegal anywhere....unless there is some unknown of country with very strict laws that forbid everything technology related including the lightbulb

but that's not to say a specific emulator couldn't be illegal....it would vary from emulator to emulator and country to country.....but there no general sweeping law that bans them as a whole

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
depending on the country you live in, this statement might be false

I don't think most people in any of these countries really give a tin schilling about emulation legality. No need for moralists to try and cram it down our throats. People are going to use ROMs and emulators irrespective of any laws in their home country. They don't care about the morality or immorality aspect of doing so. Period.

Why must these bullshit piracy discussions always begin?

i cant think of a single country where amulators are illegal....they cant just say "emulators are illegal" as emulators aren't just used for playing old retro games, android SDK comes with an emulator to help developers, even the 3ds and wiiu use emulators to play the old nes/snes games.....emulators are not illegal anywhere....unless there is some unknown of country with very strict laws that forbid everything technology related including the lightbulb

but that's not to say a specific emulator couldn't be illegal....it would vary from emulator to emulator and country to country.....but there no general sweeping law that bans them as a whole

And here I am not giving a damn about the legality of emulation or using ROMs, it's much easier and more stress-free not having to care :creep:

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I don't think most people in any of these countries really give a tin schilling about emulation legality. No need for moralists to try and cram it down our throats. People are going to use ROMs and emulators irrespective of any laws in their home country. They don't care about the morality or immorality aspect of doing so. Period.

And here I am not giving a damn about the legality of emulation or using ROMs, it's much easier and more stress-free not having to care :creep:
you could make a thread about socks and someone would try make it a debate on international piracy laws :P

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Yup... Until u get sued for all your money's worth. XD

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup... Until u get sued for all your money's worth. XD

Even though it would be impossible for them to go after everyone who downloads them. Emulators are not illegal under US law as hardware cannot be copyrighted. ROMs are illegal, yes, but like I said, most people don't care about their legality (or illegalities). If you upload ROMs, you're putting yourself at higher risk for a lawsuit. XDDD

Jokes on them, I have no money XD

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even though it would be impossible for them to go after everyone who downloads them. Emulators are not illegal under US law as hardware cannot be copyrighted. ROMs are illegal, yes, but like I said, most people don't care about their legality (or illegalities). If you upload ROMs, you're putting yourself at higher risk for a lawsuit. XDDD

Say if I rip my rom/iso from a game, than give it to my friend and he does what I do and gives it to his friend so on and so forth. Does that count as piracy or exploitation of a game? Is it legal? And was that a dbz abridged phrase at the end?

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Again, downloading them is indeed illegal in most countries.
But ofc people won't care since the chances of getting a lawsuit is extremely small.
But once you do get one, you are most definitely screwed. XD
Then the guilt trip: i wish I never downloaded shit in my life. XD
Oh and if u have no money, then either u will have to pay them for da rest of yo life or...
You're gonna have to do the unthinkable:
WORK FOR IT. D:

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, downloading them is indeed illegal in most countries.
But ofc people won't care since the chances of getting a lawsuit is extremely small.
But once you do get one, you are most definitely screwed. XD
Then the guilt trip: i wish I never downloaded shit in my life. XD
Oh and if u have no money, then either u will have to pay them for da rest of yo life or...
You're gonna have to do the unthinkable:
WORK FOR IT. D:

Emulation in and of itself is not illegal (The Sony v. bleem! lawsuit, bleem! reigned victor but went out of business due to fees)
http://www.law.cornell.edu/copyright/cases/Sony_v_Bleem.htm
http://scholarship.law.georgetown.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1814&context=facpub
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Computer_Entertainment,_Inc._v._Connectix_Corporation

ROM files however, are indeed a different matter.

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Emulation in and of itself is not illegal (The Sony v. bleem! lawsuit, bleem! reigned victor but went out of business due to fees)
http://www.law.cornell.edu/copyright/cases/Sony_v_Bleem.htm
http://scholarship.law.georgetown.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1814&context=facpub
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Computer_Entertainment,_Inc._v._Connectix_Corporation

ROM files however, are indeed a different matter.
Yeah I meant ROM files man, not emulators themselves XD
Eh, let's get back on topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: