Gaming A better idea for Super Mario Odyssey Minigame.

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if most of you saw the nintendo direct today, you noticed they mentioned a free update for the game coming soon. This will have a mini game that has you playing with others online... how? By hiding balloons and finding balloons. To be honest, I don't have the game, and probably wasn't gonna until the price was reduced (Maybe nintendo selects $20) or something below $30, but anyway is not important. That didn't seem to be too appealing to me. So I wanted to just share a idea I had that could maybe been a better use of a new mini game or something.

I remember playing assassins creed 3 on ps3, it had this online mode where you play against other players by doing the same kind of stuff you do in the main game. You hide from a player with disguises and try to hunt others. Your target to hunt is not the same person trying to hunt you. My idea is kinda similar. In this game mode, one player uses Cappy to capture a object or person/creature, then other players try to find them within the time limit. Basically I came up with this so quickly that I didn't bother to see if something like this had been done.

Turns out there is a game similar to what I described, is called prop hunt, and is something you play in one of those steam source engine maker games like garry's mod. Though I'm shock something like this exist already, I was thinking that the idea I had for a multiplayer game mode would maybe be better than a balloon hunting. The way the video show cases it seem like you don't really play with other people as in at the same time. You just get 30 seconds to hide the balloon and then anyone can just go and grab it in a time trial speedrun like manner. My idea is to have multiple people play with each other, but then would it be silly to see a bunch of marios running around looking for another hiding with cappy's powers?

Anyway is just a idea, if anyone has some ideas of their own or think they can improve mine a bit, share them in the comments below. Are you happy with the new mini game that will be coming soon or disappointed?:unsure:

Reactions: loler55

loler55

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So if most of you saw the nintendo direct today, you noticed they mentioned a free update for the game coming soon. This will have a mini game that has you playing with others online... how? By hiding balloons and finding balloons. To be honest, I don't have the game, and probably wasn't gonna until the price was reduced (Maybe nintendo selects $20) or something below $30, but anyway is not important. That didn't seem to be too appealing to me. So I wanted to just share a idea I had that could maybe been a better use of a new mini game or something.

I remember playing assassins creed 3 on ps3, it had this online mode where you play against other players by doing the same kind of stuff you do in the main game. You hide from a player with disguises and try to hunt others. Your target to hunt is not the same person trying to hunt you. My idea is kinda similar. In this game mode, one player uses Cappy to capture a object or person/creature, then other players try to find them within the time limit. Basically I came up with this so quickly that I didn't bother to see if something like this had been done.

Turns out there is a game similar to what I described, is called prop hunt, and is something you play in one of those steam source engine maker games like garry's mod. Though I'm shock something like this exist already, I was thinking that the idea I had for a multiplayer game mode would maybe be better than a balloon hunting. The way the video show cases it seem like you don't really play with other people as in at the same time. You just get 30 seconds to hide the balloon and then anyone can just go and grab it in a time trial speedrun like manner. My idea is to have multiple people play with each other, but then would it be silly to see a bunch of marios running around looking for another hiding with cappy's powers?

Anyway is just a idea, if anyone has some ideas of their own or think they can improve mine a bit, share them in the comments below. Are you happy with the new mini game that will be coming soon or disappointed?:unsure:

i think it gives better ideas for a odyssey multiplayer mode...

omg the minigame already exist Koppa-race with ghosts how it mariokart 64 does but from other players..... with worldranking
make more of that races its funny use the whole world
make a race with the flyinganimal with worldranking
make a race underwater with worldranking
make a race with the waterflyer with worldranking

or this idea :how many random placed coints you can find in timelimit? with worldranking
or one Player have to place 50 coints and the other player have to search them

a 2d mario random endlessrunnermultiplayer-mode with worldranking
how long can you survive

with the tank fight against endless waves of monsters with worldranking
endless waves of monsters aigainst every form of mario with worldranking

a endless climber game with mario in form from the ainimal with the long legs with worldranking
a endless climber game with mario itslef with worldranking
all better as this ballon hit and seek

Multiplayerpoints
+giveaways for the first players of the ranklist
;)

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
I think Odyssey multiplayer could DEFINITELY be improved on as the glaring issue with it is the multiplayer/co-op just isn't enjoyable compared to SM3DW.

However I think its a limitation of having a phenomenal world class single player experience.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    @SylverReZ Never heard of tiger crust. What is it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Its known as tiger bread, also known as dutch crust.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's fuggin gooooood
    +1
    I mean. Whats different about it?
    Never even seen a tiger crust pizza in any stores around here. Walmart, Cub, or otherwise.
    Must be a regional thing.
    Gonna smoke this bowl then go get kitties ashes. <3
    Last thing I told her is how much I love her, and that Im not leaving her there forever and I promise to come back and take her back home with me.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    halllo
  • Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit:
    hello, anyone is able to create cheat patches for cemu? i have a simple request if anyone can help
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Rest in piece. Hope she rests well, and that she loves you too. :sad:
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @RedColoredStars, Rest in piece. Hope she rests well, and that she loves you too. :sad: