rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
59477_331_lionhead-dev-recreating-fable-tough-others_full.jpg

It seems that a new Fable game is in development two years after the closure of Lionhead, according to Eurogamer. The new Fable game is being developed by Playground games, best known for the Forza Horizon series. The game is very early in development, and Playground is currently hiring more staff to work on the project. Microsoft's interest in bringing back Fable seems to have been inspired by the success of guerilla games Horizon Zero Dawn, a PlayStation 4 exclusive.

:arrow:source

D

Deleted User

It should be interesting seeing the game being made by anoughter developer.especially a dev thats known to make racing games,now trying to revive a on going rpg series.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

omg i love fable sucks i don't have an XBOne, I wonder how far in the future this will take us or maybe a prequel to 1 I can't see a modern day Albion wouldn't sell well
It will probably be on pc too since microsoft doesnt like to make real exclusives on xbox anymore

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. I liked Fable TLC, but couldn't get into Fable 2 or 3 whatsoever. I wonder if they'll continue using Albion as the setting or if they'll try going a different route since it's a different studio. A general reboot of the series would be welcome in my opinion instead of a sequel.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Is this official now and no longer just a rumor?
It's still a rumor, as I understand it, but Playground announced back in November or October that they're working on an "open world RPG", and some of Eurogamer's "special sources" claims it's a Fable game they're working on.

D

Deleted User

Loved Fable for OG Xbox; definitely one of my all-time favourite 6th-gen RPGs. Very interested to see what this new company will do with the franchise now...

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Fable is an interesting series. It came out right at a peak time for fantasy adventures, directly after the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy wrapped up. At the time, people balked at Wind Waker for looking too childish. Fable 1 had incredible hype behind it, and it was billed as the latest greatest new adventure game. ...Except when it kind of released and didn't live up to all the hype people had put under it. Despite that, it still sold well, and each mainline entry outsold the last, despite the decline in player rated enjoyment scores on Metacritic. Right now, I don't really think there's a huge market desire for Fable, especially when the original studio is dead, and the new team helming the project has never not made a racing title.

The Xbox One desperately needs exclusives, though. At the very least, in theory, it's a good step forward to get something new out when Microsoft has pretty much nothing for exclusive releases these days. Hopefully they're not banking on Fable to surge Xbone sales, though.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fable making a comeback... as long as they put a restraining order on every person who ruined it in the first place, i'm interested. The fact it's Playground, devs who exclusively made a RACING game series...is an interesting choice.

Probably my favorite line in the entire article though
"On the other hand it is a little curious to get rid of the team that is uniquely expert in making Fable, and then try and make Fable."

It's amazing the team that butchered, maimed and ruined such a promising series seems to think they had any sort of grasp on how to make a good Fable game. They seemingly stumbled face first into a fantastic game, and proceeded to systematically DESTROY every single piece of what made Fable 1 so loved. Brilliant.

For the love of god just do Fable 1 with more. It's not hard.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Fable making a comeback... as long as they put a restraining order on every person who ruined it in the first place, i'm interested. The fact it's Playground, devs who exclusively made a RACING game series...is an interesting choice.

Probably my favorite line in the entire article though
"On the other hand it is a little curious to get rid of the team that is uniquely expert in making Fable, and then try and make Fable."

It's amazing the team that butchered, maimed and ruined such a promising series seems to think they had any sort of grasp on how to make a good Fable game. They seemingly stumbled face first into a fantastic game, and proceeded to systematically DESTROY every single piece of what made Fable 1 so loved. Brilliant.

For the love of god just do Fable 1 with more. It's not hard.
I'm hoping they have SOME clue.. But I won't hold out long. Guess we'll see. After the abysmal failure that was 3 and the abortion that was Legends... I've no interest.. My fiance has a thing for the series though.

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When they say it is early in development, it makes it sound like a next gen title rather than for xbox one

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know much about the Fable series itself, but I know opinions about it. Rather than a Fable 4, it is probably better to just reboot it.

Probably going to take a lot of inspiration from all modern rpgs, not just Horizon Zero. I like how some fantasy games aren't scared to have some technology advancement and Fable still has magic. Past fantasy can be fun, but the trope gets tiresome. Considering the developers, I doubt they will shy away from being a bit more advanced. So, I would like to see something above Skyrim, but below Final Fantasy.

Reactions: kingtut

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know much about the Fable series itself, but I know opinions about it. Rather than a Fable 4, it is probably better to just reboot it.

Probably going to take a lot of inspiration from all modern rpgs, not just Horizon Zero. I like how some fantasy games aren't scared to have some technology advancement and Fable still has magic. Past fantasy can be fun, but the trope gets tiresome. Considering the developers, I doubt they will shy away from being a bit more advanced. So, I would like to see something above Skyrim, but below Final Fantasy.
i want it to take elements from dark souls personally

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
So who's ready for more golden trails that turn the premise of this game into something more linear than anything you've ever seen? Great. I see this being another hand holding title with action commands galore. Fable is Microsoft's Sonic at this point. I won't hold high hopes that this new publisher can save the series, but we'll see.

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn