A new Mario movie is in the works

images

It looks like Nintendo has finally decided to greenlight a new Mario movie based on reports from the Wall Street Journal. The deal is said to have been made between Nintendo and Illumination Entertainment, who is known for the Despicable Me franchise and the Secret Life of Pets. The movie will be animated, and so far only one movie is planned (so don't get your hopes up for that Zelda movie just yet). It will be interesting to see how this plays out, especially after how bad 1993's Super Mario Bros. movie went over.

:arrow:source

Last edited by rileysrjay,

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
at least they wern't secretly making a MarioXSonic crossover movie all along -cringes- how would that even work? well Archie did make a SonicXMegaman comic mini series but that comic went down hill since issue 50 the death of dr Ivo robotnick then things got weird

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the SSB movie idea, but that may work better as a SSB series. Like DCTV.
I'd rather see them pick up where the REAL Mario Bros movie left off.... Giving us that sequel we never got, with Daisy the bad-ass.
Not sure if you are joking or not, but it would be nice to see Daisy in the movie. Would be nice to have more than just the trio. Then again, they may use Paulina since they just started using her again.

at least they wern't secretly making a MarioXSonic crossover movie
I now what this to happen or at least happen in a tv series and no, not the Sonic Boom one. Would be funny to have a crossover move, after the Sonic and Mario movie finally releases.

TangentingTangerines

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
at least they wern't secretly making a MarioXSonic crossover movie all along -cringes- how would that even work? well Archie did make a SonicXMegaman comic mini series but that comic went down hill since issue 50 the death of dr Ivo robotnick then things got weird
You ever seen Super Mario Bros Z? That's how you do a good Mario Sonic crossover. The fight scenes in that still hype me up to this day.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
You ever seen Super Mario Bros Z? That's how you do a good Mario Sonic crossover. The fight scenes in that still hype me up to this day.
Oh man, I forgot all about that until you mentioned it. Newgrounds, man. That was some awesome stuff.

It's true, they even did a minions Twinkies crossover and had banana Twinkies!
912eu6jsblL._SY355_.jpg
Oh God, that's horrible.
We only have Twinkies in import stores here usually, so thankfully I don't tend to see them.

Minions, on the other hand... They're everywhere. They are a disease.

Last edited by TankedThomas,

MeowMeowMeow

S̈͊ͣ̎̍͋͟eͩ͊ͨ̂ͫ̐ͬ͟n̆ͨp͒ͪ̿̔aͤͬ̄ͩͨ͗̔iͧ̽ͤ
Trophies
D̀͌̀e̵ͧk̷u̾̂ͨ͗̾͊̚ ͥ̈ͤ̎̒̓T͊ͬ͜rͨ̌̔͂́e͂̌ͩͦ̃͜eͬͪ̄͝
XP
Country
Netherlands
Not sure if you are joking or not, but it would be nice to see Daisy in the movie. Would be nice to have more than just the trio. Then again, they may use Paulina since they just started using her again.
Trio.. Daisy.. Pauline.. Do you mean super Mario xxx parody?

LastduaL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Calling it now. Princess Peach will be transformed into a "strong female lead" character that saves herself without Mario's help, then saves Mario and Luigi while simultaneously motivating Bowser to heroically redeem himself.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Calling it now. Princess Peach will be transformed into a "strong female lead" character that saves herself without Mario's help, then saves Mario and Luigi while simultaneously motivating Bowser to heroically redeem himself.
Good. Fuck those men. A strong women don't need no man. Bowser would be the gay lead villain and he kidnaps Mario to force marriage with him. Peach will save him. Its time for women to shine. Screw men, role reversal biatch.

Last edited by SG854,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back