a place for voice chating with random strangers?

blueagent004

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
anyone know of any internet chatroom programs where you get to hear hundreds of people voice chatting and yelling/screaming at each other all at the same time?

i'm looking for something similar to ICQ public chatrooms where hundreds and hundreds of people congregate into and chat with each other all at once, but with real voices, you know, that sort of thing?

my home is very quiet most of the time, so i could use the noise.

many thanks!

Last edited by blueagent004,

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
lol why would someone want people screaming at each other? just join any team shooter game like overwatch cod or tf2, there is always 20 year olds screaming like 10 year olds

ok now more seriously, i used to go into team speak servers with friends plenty of years ago.. you might want to check for team speak rooms\servers?

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't your mum ever tell ya not to talk to strangers?
Anyway. I'm sure you can find prerecorded clips of maybe a bunch of people in the city walking by and talking.

Reactions: blueagent004

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
lol why would someone want people screaming at each other? just join any team shooter game like overwatch cod or tf2, there is always 20 year olds screaming like 10 year olds

ok now more seriously, i used to go into team speak servers with friends plenty of years ago.. you might want to check for team speak rooms\servers?
If he joins CS:GO though he can get 12 year olds screaming like 5 year olds, twice as strong!:P

On topic, just join a large discord server and go to the voice chat tab...

blueagent004

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
thanks for all the suggestions everyone! i think i'll give discord and teamspeak a try, they seems to be exactly what i'm looking for.:)

Reactions: ThoD

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Have you searched for ambient noise on YouTube? There's hours of videos for all different kinds of background noise like city, office, rainfall etc. It's great for concentration.
It's noise, so would that be great for distraction? Weird how some people can concentrate more when there's noise...

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's noise, so would that be great for distraction? Weird how some people can concentrate more when there's noise...

There's a difference between ambient noise and noise.

Ambient noise, for example can be wind blowing through the trees on a summer day with birds chirping away.
It can be relaxing.

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
There's a difference between ambient noise and noise.

Ambient noise, for example can be wind blowing through the trees on a summer day with birds chirping away.
It can be relaxing.
Noise is noise, ambient sounds (what you described) are different than ambient noise (construction work in a city with a traffic jam).

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Noise is noise, ambient sounds (what you described) are different than ambient noise (construction work in a city with a traffic jam).

Construction work/traffic jams aren't ambient noises, it's just noise.
Or better yet, it's a nuisance if you live next to a construction site.

Anyway, Man made noise is noise pollution.
Just as green houses and street lights contribute to light pollution.

GameSystem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was going to say something about nobody mentioning PUBG, but it seems like I was beaten to the punch by Clyde. Though I don't know what it said, the reason for removal gives me a hint.

D

Deleted User

I would say Discord, however, the majority of Discord servers I'm on barely even use VC, preferring to stick to text-based communication. Maybe that's due to my own personal tastes, but whatever.

Maybe you could find some more VC-oriented Discord servers out there? I'm sure there are some public ones that exist.

MeowMeowMeow

S̈͊ͣ̎̍͋͟eͩ͊ͨ̂ͫ̐ͬ͟n̆ͨp͒ͪ̿̔aͤͬ̄ͩͨ͗̔iͧ̽ͤ
Trophies
D̀͌̀e̵ͧk̷u̾̂ͨ͗̾͊̚ ͥ̈ͤ̎̒̓T͊ͬ͜rͨ̌̔͂́e͂̌ͩͦ̃͜eͬͪ̄͝
XP
Country
Netherlands
Kek this thread made my day thanks op, get a ladyboy or a Sheppard dog, or get close friends where you can Skype with everyday much more fun then hearing uncontrolled voices, it will only make you crazy.. Orr is this your fetish?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: quite a tight bend on that 8pin->12pin adapter in my case, which is the worst case scenario, but...