Status
Not open for further replies.

A woman is marrying her Tetris cartridge

26CB9FCC-6984-40E1-8E50-AE97829379BB.jpeg

A woman in Florida is said to have objectophila, a condition that makes her physically and emotionally attracted to inanimate objects instead of people. In an interview with Metro, she stated that she grew up being attracted to all sorts of objects, from GPS devices, iPods, treadmills etc.

After breaking up with Pierre, her calculator, her love for Tetris grew so strong that she intends to marry her copy once she graduates, with a proper ceremony and her family and friends in attendance.

It started when I would play this game called Smash Run and I would hear the Tetris theme and I thought it was nice. Every time I heard it I would want to play Tetris. All I did was play this game and kept thinking I want to play Tetris.

I think Tetris is so beautiful, he is about perfection and he stimulates your mind. Physically I get that feeling that people in relationships get – that you know they are the right one.

I love him so much and get an immense sense of satisfaction with him. I have a strong connection with him and have invested so much in him.

The full interview is available here.

:arrow: Source

Last edited by WiiUBricker,

spiderman1216

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Let me get this straight: you're judging a woman that recognizes that she has a mental illness and, rather than going through costly and painful therapy, she decides to embrace a harmless thing like loving an object? What about all the people that are bigots, that steal, that kill, that rape and so on while having a smile on their faces? These people will always exist, yet you're more concerned with a woman marrying a Tetris cartridge. I get all the stupid jokes, but this is going way too far. I'd rather see 1000 people marrying their fleshlights than see 10 murderers.
Some people are just assholes.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it was up to some people here, we wouldn't have any controversial topics.

Seem like people keep forgetting that overpopulation is a thing.

At least she doesn't have the eat random objects disorder.

There are only three genders: male, female, and Nintendo cartridges.
Did you just assume gender?

I mean, it's silly, and it's literally incapable of giving consent in any form, but if you can marry virtual characters. why not a game cartridge?
To be fair, at least virtual characters have some resemblance to real life. This is literally just a random object.

xpoverzion

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
You're seriously preaching the morals of nature on the internet? Is your PC made out of wood and leaves?
Go live on a tree, dress with the skin you get from your hunted animals. Don't use roads, hospitals or other "against nature" commodities. But feel free to rape whoever you want. Girls start being sexually active when they're 12, if that's your definition of "natural". Humans' dicks are shaped like that to remove the seed of other males that just had sex with the female, consensual or not.

After you've done that, feel free to criticize whoever you want. Possibly not on the internet, since it's not natural. But I'm sure that the squirrels of the tree you will be living on will be happy to hear your opinion on gay people.

I'm going off-topic here but thumbs up for your avatar!
Man! Such vitriol by so many here, just because I stated some disagreements and opinions regarding men sticking their peckers into other men's stinkers. Looks like it's even worse than I thought out there. As stated in my first post, definitely half the population that is gay, or contemplating the idea of it.

Reactions: ThoD
D

Deleted User

To be fair, at least virtual characters have some resemblance to real life. This is literally just a random object.
Virtual characters are literally electrons passing through silicon in patterns that create color and sound. at lest you can touch the object. something she's apparently done a lot of if you look at the damage on the top of the label.

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh well

Despite everything, as long as she's happy, there's no reason to shit on her.
Idk Vin, if I’m being honest and putting the humor aside, I have to admit I take issue with this.

If she wants to love her cartridge and professes a relationship with it, no big deal. But marriage?!?

I almost feel as if it’s a mockery of the brutalizations and murders committed against interracial couples and LGBTQ couples over marriage rights and equality. The battles they fought were long and drawn out, and many people suffered over it. This kinda spits in the face of the tears and blood they shed.

They fought for the right to say “I do” alongside their loved ones. This game cannot make that commitment and I feel that this is where the line is drawn.

Of course I wouldn’t write a congressman or jump a picket line over this, condone hurting her or any violent reactions, but if she gets shit on, I couldn’t say that i feel it’s undeserved.

Last edited by brickmii82,

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Nauru
Idk Vin, if I’m being honest and putting the humor aside, I have to admit I take issue with this.

If she wants to love her cartridge and professes a relationship with it, no big deal. But marriage?!?

I almost feel as if it’s a mockery of the brutalizations and murders committed against interracial couples and LGBTQ couples over marriage rights and equality. The battles they fought were long and drawn out, and many people suffered over it. This kinda spits in the face of the tears and blood they shed.

They fought for the right to say “I do” alongside their loved ones. This game cannot make that commitment and I feel that this is where the line is drawn.

Of course I wouldn’t write a congressman or jump a picket line over this, condone hurting her or any violent reactions, but if she gets shit on, I couldn’t say that i feel it’s undeserved.
Of course her marriage won't be recognized. Of course she won't get the privileges that come with a civil union. This wedding is equal to those degrees ad honorem that old people get if they want one. Doesn't mean that they can become doctors.

Look at it this way: you have a mental illness and either you do through expensive and painful therapy and attempt to have a normal life (even though there's no guarantee that you can find a human soulmate) or you embrace it and be happy with what you've got. What do you do?

She's a woman. She's human. She deserves happiness as much as everyone else. Hell, some people love their dogs so much that they arrange stupid dog weddings. Why not?

Man! Such vitriol by so many here, just because I stated some disagreements and opinions regarding men sticking their peckers into other men's stinkers. Looks like it's even worse than I thought out there. As stated in my first post, definitely half the population that is gay, or contemplating the idea of it.
Hey, living on a tree sounds like a pretty good idea for a person with your mindset.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Oh well

Despite everything, as long as she's happy, there's no reason to shit on her.
unless she decides she wants to marry a shit, in which case....as long as she wants it nobody should question if maybe there is a deeper psychological issue at work.....nahh that would be much too hard lets just preach random non controversial slogans yay for the LGBTT (etris) crowd

I'm all for leaving people be, but honestly the celebration of any random baseless non conforming fantasy is encouraging people with mental ilnesses to stray further and further down the crazy rabbit hole and then people pat them on the back as they try to clutch at straws of new things to try gain a sense of uniqueness not realising these people tend to be looking to be fringe outliars and declaring anything and everything completely legit is probably causing more harm as they dont get that kick from doing something seen as taboo

maybe there is some crazy conspiracy at hand to try eradicate people with mental issues from the gene pool, but personally I would like to see people come to terms with reality rather than being left to go ape shit crazy and smother themselves in poop eating rocks

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
"Suffer" lol I enjoy every minute of it :)

I can confirm that this is actually the woman from the article. I have checked the user account info & registration and they are a match (Facebook account proves it).

Mrs H. I hope you have a long and happy marriage with whomever makes you happy :)
you must be having a good laugh at all the reactions in this thread. Dont take them all too seriously

Last edited by Costello,

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is sad, really really sad.
What's even sadder is that there will be people defending her. This is like accepting gender dysphoria instead of trying to help people with that condition.
Society has been on a way down for a long time and it'll keep on going.

Well, at least she is happy, I guess. I'm not the one marrying a Tetris cartridge.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
congrats on your attention yay go you

this is defiantly the next civil rights case, we need people to be able to marry inanimate objects

next up we need to end the people and inanimate object representation and object paygap to be closed, for too long inanimate objects have been not getting paid for doing jobs just as important as animate objects we need to end this oppression yay the fight for justice will never end wheeeeeeeeee :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

Last edited by gamesquest1,
Reactions: sarkwalvein

NatsumiX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are people loving Dolls, Plushes, Toys and other shit.
And a lot of you guys probably love your hand*
*donttakethatseriously.

Let them do whatever they want.

As long as they're happy, there's no reason to be a dick about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol