Hacking Question About ofw 1.0 and piracy

PojarNazarovich

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
I have a question about switch with 1.0.0, did it really so difficult to find nowadays switch with 1.0.0 OFW in EU and US? And what about a piracy on switch? I saw a lot of homebrew topics and nothing about launching backup games, because I am from Belarus and work as paramedic for 200$ in a month and can afford only 1 game in 3 or 4 month('cause games and console itself overpriced in Belarus.
Ps sorry for my bad English, it's a little hard for me to speak on another language

PojarNazarovich

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
im pretty sure its going to take a while before piracy happens. and if you want a 1.0.0 your going to need to look very hard, they are getting rarer by the day.
I am asking, because in my country switch is very unpopular ( most people prefer mindless shooters rather than fun and detailed games, for example about Zelda they only heard about BoTW and only for it's good PR company in the internet, they don't know about TW ,MM, OoT, and if you prefer type of games like dark souls you will be claimed as geek) and because of that we have a lot of 1,0,0 console (even I have but for now don't know what to do with that after TX announcement.)

Oleboy555

Trophies
Website
3ds.guide
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am asking, because in my country switch is very unpopular ( most people prefer mindless shooters rather than fun and detailed games, for example about Zelda they only heard about BoTW and only for it's good PR company in the internet, they don't know about TW ,MM, OoT, and if you prefer type of games like dark souls you will be claimed as geek) and because of that we have a lot of 1,0,0 console (even I have but for now don't know what to do with that after TX announcement.)
If you really cant afford to get more games and your really into "hacking" stuff i'd suggest holding on to that 1.0.0

Reactions: PojarNazarovich

lebrawurschd

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Want to buy my 1.0? I've bought two day one consoles

If you really want a 1.0 you need to search hard and you probably should check the fw before buying

Last edited by lebrawurschd,

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a bit of suggestion, don't mention piracy and only talk about using backups. many of the homebrew community devs are strongly against piracy so seeing the term may be a turnoff right off the bat to even reading your post

Reactions: MeAndHax and yardie

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have a bit of suggestion, don't mention piracy and only talk about using backups. many of the homebrew community devs are strongly against piracy so seeing the term may be a turnoff right off the bat to even reading your post
I think people using the term backup in place of piracy would turn them off more because they’re not only pirates but liars as well. At least you’re being honest when you use the term piracy. That being said, developers (and really everybody) don’t care if you’re a pirate or not. They have more to worry about in life lol.

yardie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think people using the term backup in place of piracy would turn them off more because they’re not only pirates but liars as well. At least you’re being honest when you use the term piracy. That being said, developers (and really everybody) don’t care if you’re a pirate or not. They have more to worry about in life lol.
youre wrong
they do care

Reactions: jt_1258

Duhasst0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many users use nintendont as the preferred GameCube iso loader for the Wii. The other set of software developer was devoltion and the developer made it so that you can only use original discs, with an option to rip, with his software. This was used to prevent piracy of the GameCube games.

So to support what a previous user posted, devs don't like to hear about piracy, and want you to use legitimately purchased backups of your games. Plus if you really read the fine print about the legality of piracy, at least in the states, you can have a backup of your game but it needs to be a 1 to 1 copy of the disc or cart you physically hold in your hand.

D

Deleted User

youre wrong
they do care
Why would they care if you pirated, they'd only care about the uploader not the downloader. If you were a cop you wouldn't care about the guy buying drugs you'd care about who hes buying drugs off. 9 times out of 10 the companies don't care about your petty piracy they have much bigger things to worry about

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah like if modding any protected console isn't already considered a "crime" and the so called homebrew is probably 99% copyrighted old ROMs that even though their copyright may have expired, they will always keep being owned by the publisher and therefore is the same as running current backups. Old ROMs were once current updated backups back in their time.

I my self want triple A current backups and not old roms that I got tired of playing thousands of hours back when I was a kid and can play them on almost any device out there like even on my crap Nvidia shield tabled but I never cared, not even for the android games...

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Two words: be patient

Some notorious switch Hacker teams are already able to find and take control of lower fw's exploit, and it has been confirmed that all low fw switches 1-3.0.2) are hackable

Reactions: PojarNazarovich

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool