Homebrew About switch emulator on pc

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
At first, i'll tell you, I'm not delusional, I know we won't see a switch emulator before a couple of year
What I want to know is, what kind of pc would we need in order to run open world games such as breath of the wild and super mario odyssey? Do you think we will need something not released yet like gtx 1280?
or maybe it would be a cpu probleme?
can somebody tell me what pc specs will be required to run, for example, super mario odyssey at lik 30-40 fps
Again, im not asking for an emulator
It's pure curiosity

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At first, i'll tell you, I'm not delusional, I know we won't see a switch emulator before a couple of year
What I want to know is, what kind of pc would we need in order to run open world games such as breath of the wild and super mario odyssey? Do you think we will need something not released yet like gtx 1280?
can somebody tell me what pc specs will be required to run, for example, super mario odyssey at lik 30-40 fps
It's pure curiosity
You can also run Breath of the Wild on a PC using a Wii U emulator. That should give you a good indication as to what would hypothetically be required.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can also run Breath of the Wild on a PC using a Wii U emulator. That should give you a good indication as to what would hypothetically be required.
but i though botw on switch has better graphics than wii u version

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Higher the better. For entry level emulators of a current gen console, start with a high end gaming PC. Exact specs are a crap shoot at best, but figure i5, + High end GPu
But what do you call highend? highend right now, or high end when the em,ulator qwill be released
As I said,do you thnik a gtx 1060 could emulate switch gpu? (Cuz thats what i have)
Or maybesomething not released yet such as gtx1280

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That Profile Picture Face fits perfectly for the Topic Title XD
you havent read the op do you?
I'm 0 asking for a switch emulator
its pure curiosity

Gnarmagon

Noob <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
But what do you call highend? highend right now, or high end when the em,ulator qwill be released
As I said,do you thnik a gtx 1060 could emulate switch gpu? (Cuz thats what i have)
Or maybesomething not released yet such as gtx1280
You should either downgrade to a 750ti or buy 3 Titan X in order to run it :P

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If it was released now, maybe, but that's a mid-range card, so yea current 1080ti + by the time it comes out... just a guess. Could run on an 8800 GTX, but seems unlikely.
i see... so the switch gpu is that powerful?
also, is the arch of switch cpu/gpu are in anyway related to pc's, which could make emulation easier from what i heard

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In other words, if your computer can run Breath of the Wild for the Wii U with no issues, you're unlikely to have too many problems with a hypothetical Switch emulator released years from now.
i see, but I though wii u and switch had different arch, would that be an issue?

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's an issue, but the Wii U version of the game still gives you a rough indication of what's required to play the Switch version of the game.
also, a question i asked earlier but got no answer
is the switch cpu/gpu arch in anyway related to pc's, becayse that could solve an issue, no?

nmkd

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i see... so the switch gpu is that powerful?
also, is the arch of switch cpu/gpu are in anyway related to pc's, which could make emulation easier from what i heard
No, the people in here have no idea what they are talking about.

GPU is not a problem.
A 1080 would easily be enough.

CPU matters the most - you'd probably need a 8700k to get playable framerates.

Don't forget that the Switch is closer to PS3/X360 than to PS4/XB1.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's pure curiosity

Dont hold your breath. It might be more than a couple of year. Take a look at PS Vita and there is no PS Vita Emulator yet.

And nobody know what PC specs for Nintendo Switch so that is too early to say. Maybe PC specs requirement similar to PS3 Emulator just mentioned might be the answer for Nintendo Switch too.

Last edited by spotanjo3,

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
also, a question i asked earlier but got no answer
is the switch cpu/gpu arch in anyway related to pc's, becayse that could solve an issue, no?

CPU is ARM, PCs run on x64, so no. However there's probably a lot more interest in generic ARM CPU emulation than there is PowerPC (WiiU's CPU) emulation as it also powers most Android devices. Whether that increased interest would result in better/more efficient emulation I don't know

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CPU is ARM, PCs run on x64, so no. However there's probably a lot more interest in generic ARM CPU emulation than there is PowerPC (WiiU's CPU) emulation as it also powers most Android devices. Whether that increased interest would result in better/more efficient emulation I don't know
kk thx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."