Homebrew About switch emulator on pc

Somario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Usually a PC must be 5x - 10x times powerfull compared to the console ancd the most important component is the CPU. For example, for the Wii U emulator is better to have an high MHZ cloch of the CPU than have a best graphic card.

As oppostite of what people might think, Zelda Breat of the Wild on PC emulator is VERY BETTER than switch version. You can play at 4K resolution, 60 FPS (or over if your PC is powerfull enought) and tere's a lot of fix and graphics improvements made by comunity.
look at this!

With the last CEMU 1.10.0f you can play BotW very cool, fast and smoth than Switch.

I would also like to give an additional answer....for now there are not many games for Switch and those announced have come out / will also come out for PC (excluded Nintendo game like Mario, very killer app of the console). Maybe the Switch emulator will be the PC without emulator?

Last edited by Somario,

dinoson631

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a good feeling we will see a switch emu before a hacked switch, also i've been trying to sell my 1070 for $320 new open-boxed on offer up and i get nothing but scammers and lowballers. $320 is a fantastic price right? Still has the warranty so idk wtf is going on

nmkd

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i have a good feeling we will see a switch emu before a hacked switch, also i've been trying to sell my 1070 for $320 new open-boxed on offer up and i get nothing but scammers and lowballers. $320 is a fantastic price right? Still has the warranty so idk wtf is going on
Are you serious?

You can't make a Switch emu before having a hacked Switch.

dinoson631

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you serious?

You can't make a Switch emu before having a hacked Switch.

welp...the crazy thing is i actually thought about that before typing this but decided to type it anyway xD i kinda mean not hacked in the way that we can't load games but your point is still very valid

nmkd

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
welp...the crazy thing is i actually thought about that before typing this but decided to type it anyway xD i kinda mean not hacked in the way that we can't load games but your point is still very valid
Well, technically we already have a Switch emu (Mephisto/CTU) but I guess you're talking about games.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also depends on the emulation build I couldn't run stabel 30fps until they gave CEMU hyperthreading . Never liked the speedhack b/c it just speeds up everything including cutscenes

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
since the switch uses basically an off the shelf Tegra, i don't think it would be too hard to emulate that, most of the hard part would come from the emulation of the underlying OS/syscalls that games use and the communication between the Tegra chip and other components.

Last edited by KazoWAR,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
At first, i'll tell you, I'm not delusional, I know we won't see a switch emulator before a couple of year
What I want to know is, what kind of pc would we need in order to run open world games such as breath of the wild and super mario odyssey? Do you think we will need something not released yet like gtx 1280?
or maybe it would be a cpu probleme?
can somebody tell me what pc specs will be required to run, for example, super mario odyssey at lik 30-40 fps
Again, im not asking for an emulator
It's pure curiosity
I really don't wanna offend you bro but this thread is really pointless for now as absolutely no one can tell you yet what would be needed.
Most likely you would need hardware that's not even released yet for the first few versions of an emulator as it keeps improving over months after release.
On the other hand the Switch isn't that much more powerful than the Wii U. It's "just" an Android tablet hardware sided so as the emulator progresses, it will pretty much run with today's hardware at some point. But as you said this will take years I guess.

(and tbh I don't really care as I'm one of the lucky guys to own a Switch :P)

FliP0x

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
For emulation, you will need a cpu with very good single core performance.

CEMU is a good indicator of what might be required, but I wouldn't bet on it as Switch might be different. 3DS runs on ARM as well (idk about Wii U) so the "base" is already there.

Tegra is a Nvidia GPU and the same architecture (I believe it's Pascal?) exists on PC, so drivers shouldn't be a problem. I believe the Switch will be emulated sooner than expected due to the existence of CEMU and Citra. Performance will depend on optimization.

I wouldn't consider BotW on CEMU as a matching point for possible Switch Emu requirements, as CEMU, even though still in Alpha stage, is already a very well developed and optimized emulator.

Somario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
A lot of Switch future games will be available (or they ALREADY available) for PC so the Switch emulator for PC it's the PC itself.

Last edited by Somario,

FliP0x

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
3rd party games yes, but the nintendo platform has a bunch of exclusives, eg. Zelda, Pokemon, Super Mario, Kirby, Mario Kart, Super Smash etc.

thomasnet

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You'd need to emulate a Tegra and an ARM processor at the same time.
The Tegra is a chip still broadly used today so NVIDIA won't allow anybody to emulate it.

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You'd need to emulate a Tegra and an ARM processor at the same time.
The Tegra is a chip still broadly used today so NVIDIA won't allow anybody to emulate it.
Not to mention it would take a very expensive pc to emulate it. more then cemu and cirta so its not worth emulating current gen consoles because of how powerful and expensive your processor would need to be.

Last edited by SoslanVanWieren,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: What the heck is that emote SylverReZ using?