Hardware An error has occured (Gamepad sync)

matrixsoul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone had this error and was able to fix it ?

If I press twice on the sync button on the console to sync my gamepad, I get : "An error has occured. Please turn off the Wii U console and try Again." With no error code.

Pressing the sync button on the gamepad brings me the sync symbols on the gamepad (like it should).

I tried rebooting and unplugging the Wii U and it is still the same.

I can sync a wiimote no problem.

I even replaced the MIC-B2 controller in the console (for an untested used one mind you).

Natex2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just started having this same issue out of the blue. I can sync the gamepad to another Wii U (friends) just fine but I cannot get the card symbols to appear on my own. Same issue with the sync button. pressing it twice causes that error. I ordered a new wifi controller card for it..we'll see what happens.

Natex2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Aneesh India

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hey hi. I have had one console today from my customer for a repair service and I am facing the exact problem

Unfortunately I don't have another Wii u gamepad to test for ruling out the possibility of faulty devices. But one thing for sure ; the Wii remote connects without issues.

So do u guys feel that Bluetooth board is working fine on the main console ? Would it just be the game pad only which is faulty ??

Trylk248

Honest helper and custom content creator.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not too fast you!

First of all reset the synced devices by holding the sync button on the wii u for 15 seconds and do same on every remotes EXCEPTED eGAMEPAD.

Now boot up wii u and double press wih a delay of 5secs the sync button and try syncing gamepad.

enveous

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Hello, I replaced the wifi board as Natex2 suggested and it worked perfectly!...for a few days. Yesterday my gamepad did not sync, although it does something it didn't before. Now I can turn on the Wii U with the gamepad but after it turns on I get the communication error. I'm puzzled, any ideas?

element6

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you didn't reverse the wifi antenna connections on the wifi card in the console.

Otherwise..

Do you have another gamepad to test with? Maybe a friend's gamepad? If so, try that and see if the behavior is the same.

If not, you could buy a spare, known-good gamepad and see if you get the same error.

If you don't get the error on the good gamepad, try swapping the wifi board in the good gamepad into yours.

If you still get the error, swap the wifi antennas from the good gamepad into yours.

If you still get the error, it's the gamepad motherboard. Cost to replace <$20. If you don't get the error after swapping the wifi controller/antennas.. congrats.. approx. $5 repair. Check eBay.

Last edited by element6,

Yona

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
hello everyone, I have exactly the same problem. the difference is that I bought a new wii U 2 months ago (yes, it was new). 5 days ago this problem occurred, the gamepad does not sync and check that it is not a problem with the gamepad. Could someone help me or tell me why this happens? Is it a factory error? I await your answers. greetings from Chile.
(pd: the pro controler and wii controls can be perfectly synchronized),

ScrapGamer22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone had this error and was able to fix it ?

If I press twice on the sync button on the console to sync my gamepad, I get : "An error has occured. Please turn off the Wii U console and try Again." With no error code.

Pressing the sync button on the gamepad brings me the sync symbols on the gamepad (like it should).

I tried rebooting and unplugging the Wii U and it is still the same.

I can sync a wiimote no problem.

I even replaced the MIC-B2 controller in the console (for an untested used one mind you).

Same thing happen to me this year

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I replaced the wifi board that the gray & red wire connects to. http://www.ebay.com/itm/222259543611?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT is where I ordered it from. After replacing and partially assembling the console I tested it out and the gamepad synced with no issues. I finished up assembly and noticed that I am also able to play it from further away now. That tells me the card was on it's way out for a while now.
Hold oh, that's the part I brought and use to fix, still the same error

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
I mean, ofc you can pair a Wiimote/Pro Controller no probalo, those use Bluetooth. The connection with the Gamepad uses 5Ghz WiFi, hence the extra pairing step with the matching spade/heart/clover/diamond. As for you, @ScrapGamer22, either find another replacement part, test the pad with another Wii U, or send yours to Nintendo for repair I guess.

ScrapGamer22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, ofc you can pair a Wiimote/Pro Controller no probalo, those use Bluetooth. The connection with the Gamepad uses 5Ghz WiFi, hence the extra pairing step with the matching spade/heart/clover/diamond. As for you, @ScrapGamer22, either find another replacement part, test the pad with another Wii U, or send yours to Nintendo for repair I guess.
yeah, that' real helpful

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: