Animal Crossing Mobile To be Revealed This Week In Nintendo Direct

animal_crossing_new_leaf.0.jpg

The time has come Animal Crossing fanatics. Its time to spend all of our precious waning minutes maximizing our bell hoarding tendencies.

A Nintendo Direct
centered on the previously announced mobile game will stream at 12 p.m. Japan time this Wednesday, Oct. 25 — or 11 p.m. EST on Tuesday, Oct. 24, the evening before.

No word on an american stream yet, but keep checking for updates and info on our front page.

And GET HYPE!

Last edited by chavosaur,

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden
Animal Crossing is the perfect IP to bring to mobile,
I wish I could still play new leaf daily but bringing a 3DS everywhere is a bit of chore.

TBH the only way they could mess this one up is by making horrible touch controls, a crappy online integration or making it one of those "wait 10hrs to do this thing" games.
However provided Nintendo's track record on mobile I'd be extremely surprised if they went this route.

I'm personally extremely excited!

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they could just port any animal crossing game to mobile with no changes besides adding touch controls...and hopefully controller support, you have joycons that can connect to mobile Nintendo, utilize it, add the ability to be able to buy bells(the games currency in the series) with real money albeit being able to earn bells like normal and they could still make some good cash off of it. bells can be a tad tedious to farm already so I'm sure there are those who would buy bells by the truckload

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Bet 10 dollars that
a) It's a pay to win
b)It's going to be delayed
c) It's gonna be a huge dissapointment.
Well, Pokemon Duels, FE: Heroes, and Super Mario Run are all solid games. Definitely don't have to pay anything. They are still Android games, though, and so is this one, so you can't expect much out of them.

YTElias

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Never really played this series, and tbh i doesnt look like my type of game. I never understood the buzz about it though.
Animal crossing is a simulation game where you can be yourself
Grow up a own town and design everything from your character and house
Many people like that and buy it
In one country(dont know what) ACNL is just 20$

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Jokes about tom nook incoming.
Oh you want a house upgrade?
PAY ME SO MUCH MONEY

Reactions: Bladexdsl

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
inb4
>in-app purchases
>always with internet connection
if its a free to play game.....well who cares, buy a full cost retail game if you want a full price retail game experience, I know sometimes mobile game wait times can be tedious(ofc this is the exact point) but free* vs paid for , and casual gamer vs non casual gamers are different markets

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
if its a free to play game.....well who cares, buy a full cost retail game if you want a full price retail game experience, I know sometimes mobile game wait times can be tedious(ofc this is the exact point) but free* vs paid for , and casual gamer vs non casual gamers are different markets
Some people don't have the right consoles, or they can't afford one, or they don't wanna play the retail game, or they want something new. Also saying "casual gamers and non casual gamers" is dumb, people wouldn't get it unless they knew Animal Crossing or were interested in it, which I doubt would be the case. Also we're okay with in-app purchases, as long as they're used correctly, if you have gems that do special ability to clear inconvenience that you wouldn't see in a retail game, then you're doing it wrong. If it's treated as a donation and give back a boost then yeah.

D

Deleted User

So Animal Crossing is dead aight cool see ya bye.

Animal Crossing Plaza on Wii U, holy shit theres gonna be a new Animal Crossing game look at these HD assets

Happy Home Designer, really want that new game about now but fine ok a spinoff fine

Amiibo Festival, this is really fucking stupid what is this babyfied Mario Party garbage I waited all Wii U gen for an HD Animal Crossing or anything where is it

Finally! A new Animal Crossing game!!!! ON MOBILE

I give up its dead. Digging the grave rn

Last edited by ,

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Animal Crossing Plaza on Wii U, holy shit theres gonna be a new Animal Crossing game look at these HD assets

Happy Home Designer, really want that new game about now but fine ok a spinoff fine

Amiibo Festival, this is really fucking stupid what is this babyfied Mario Party garbage I waited all Wii U gen for an HD Animal Crossing or anything where is it

we can all agree amiibo festival was a shitfest but for all you know the mobile game could possibly tie into a switch ac game they haven't anounced yet o.o though we can't expect an anouncment for such thing here as they made sure that to say that no other titles would be covered sadly
though based on the fact that there giving a full 15 min for just 1 game is somewhat a sign that there must be a decent bit there to do unless it's just a load of gameplay there showing

Reactions: aykay55

ClassyDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Not sure why you think that. Sure, it's been a long time since a new main series AC game has been released, but considering New Leaf sold over 7 million copies, I think it's safe to say there's a fanbase for it. Happy Home Designer and Amiibo Festival were spin-offs and I doubt Nintendo will rely on their sales numbers to determine whether they'll make a new main series game or not. Additionally, the mobile game doesn't mean they aren't going to make a new game for Switch. Fire Emblem is getting a new game next year in addition to the release of Fire Emblem Heroes earlier this year. Just give Nintendo some times, I'm sure we'll hear something about it soon

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should be fun. as long as its free, it's not like I'll have any qualms about trying it out. I'm sure it'll revolve around interacting with the animals/gift giving/events on a schedule.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr