• Cryptocurrency Warning:
    The risks of trading cryptocurrencies are mainly related to its volatility. They are high-risk and speculative and it is important that you understand the risks before you start trading. They are volatile: unexpected changes in market sentiment can lead to sharp and sudden moves in price.
    Please be aware that any information provided here can be the opinion of the author. Trade at your own risk.

Anyone considered encouraging development via bitcoin donation?

feebmc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I know people will be skeptical after the whole decapping debacle but there are plenty of developers out there, who are very much capable of doing what many people want (A card free solution) but have no interest in working for free. I was seriously considering seeing if anyone was willing to release a simple free (at first) equivalent to gateway when I assumed that it was dead but now have no interest in doing that, since they are the only dedicated for profit team doing anything that we are aware of.

I think the most obvious tool right now and one that should be a lot more easy then most people imagine based on the information located on certain githubs/wiki's and so on. Is a solution to dump eshop releases into a format lacking a signature. There are a lot of complaints about tools not being available but the information is out there for those that have the skill to use it.

No-one with any sense would obviously contribute a cent until some sort of limited beta had been released as proof and motivation for funding. I see a lot of people complaining and whining about real developers not handing everything out on a silver platter or developers who don't want to support piracy. The you owe us stuff attitude also really goes against the ethos of the "scene" as well, where nothing is free or at least it never used to be until p2p/torrents became the norm.

I am just skeptical that the community would cough up enough money to justify it for certain people but what do you guys think?

BTW I am not a developer and haven't talked/seen any of the people who may have been involved in other scenes in a long time.

Please close this if this is not appropriate. This is more a thread for people to post if/what they would donate and for any developers out there, to see if the reward is worth the work.

D

Deleted User

Ummm, I think flipping burgers would pay more (and is easier) if money was a concern. Unless you start paying hourly, then it's not going to work. I don't care about a few measly bitcoins. I want over 9000 bitcoins. You get what I'm saying?

redkeyboard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If developers are going to ask for donations might as well as ask for bitcoin/litecoin as well. I don't know who would waste their money on it though, especially considering the whole 3ds chip decapping scam going on.

amita61

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Donate Bitcoin and other Cryptocurrencies to Charity

Save the Children was one of the first global nonprofits to accept cryptocurrency and has accepted Bitcoin donations since 2013. We were the first nonprofit beneficiary of Bitcoin Black Friday via the BitGive Foundation in response to Typhoon Haiyan that struck Southeast Asia and devastated the Philippines.

Through our cryptocurrency fundraising initiative with The Giving Block and Gemini Trust Exchange we can accept multiple cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin (BTC), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Ethereum (ETH), ZCash (ZEC), Litecoin (LTC), Basic Attention Token (BAT), Chainlink (LINK), Extreme Injector (EI) and the Gemini Dollar (GUSD).

What is Bitcoin Black Friday?

Bitcoin Black Friday is day dedicated to showcase the Bitcoin marketplace where merchants and causes alike promote BTC adoption to both users and merchants, consumers, retailers and causes. Save the Children was the first nonprofit beneficiary for Bitcoin Black Friday in 2013 through the BitGive Foundation.

What is #BitcoinTuesday?

#BitcoinTuesday is the biggest day for cryptocurrency generosity organized by The Giving Block. Nonprofits around the world are participating, opening their doors to this new class of donors looking to make a difference. On #BitcoinTuesday, the biggest names in cryptocurrency come together with the biggest names in philanthropy.

How do I donate bitcoins and other cryptocurrency to Save the Children?

Donating your cryptocurrency to Save the Children is easy. Select your preferred donation method and support our charity with cryptocurrency.

Is my cryptocurrency donation tax deductible?

Yes! Save the Children offers supporters with cryptocurrency the ability to support the organization in a tax-efficient way. The IRS classifies cryptocurrency donations as property, meaning they are not subject to capital gains tax and are tax deductible. Your contribution is tax-deductible to the fullest extent permitted by law. For example, for donors in the United States, the IRS has classified Bitcoin as property for tax purposes.

*Please consult your tax advisor. You can donate anonymously but you will not receive a tax receipt.

Why does Save the Children accept cryptocurrency?

Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency donations is one of the most tax efficient ways to support your favorite pants. If you want to learn more about how donating cryptocurrency to a charity can lower your taxes, check out The Giving Block's FAQs or talk to your tax professional.

Adding this emerging donation type is a first step in learning more about how blockchain technologies can help us do more to reach the most marginalized children in the world.

Last edited by amita61,

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0