Hacking Anyone here good with hex editing

tiamat999

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was wondering if someone could edit god eater 2 so we can keep fighting the story mode final boss more than once

stitchxd

Trophies
Website
gnusocial.me
XP
Country
United States
Was wondering if someone could edit god eater 2 so we can keep fighting the story mode final boss more than once

But why? I’m sure it’s doable, if you have a modded app you could use the cheat engine plugin for games to find and change the values required to do this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For the record "hex editing" is not a concept all that meaningful to hackers. You might as well be asking "anybody here good at typing" when what you actually want is someone that knows Tagalog. Indeed hex editors are considered very basic and crude tools, and while they allow you to edit any part of the file and thus any part of the game it is not a good way of doing it.

Anyway this might be the sort of thing you can do with a cheat -- not all games will and it might be more complex but the basic thing a programmer would do is save a flag to say you have fought the boss. You find where this flag is and force it back to not fought and you can then go endlessly.
Alternatively if you can figure out how to edit maps you could place the final boss in like any standard enemy, or if the boss takes place on a separate map/level copy and paste that level over another one (say another random small dungeon and depending upon how it is coded it might allow you to go endlessly there.

Reactions: ThoD

tiamat999

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the record "hex editing" is not a concept all that meaningful to hackers. You might as well be asking "anybody here good at typing" when what you actually want is someone that knows Tagalog. Indeed hex editors are considered very basic and crude tools, and while they allow you to edit any part of the file and thus any part of the game it is not a good way of doing it.

Anyway this might be the sort of thing you can do with a cheat -- not all games will and it might be more complex but the basic thing a programmer would do is save a flag to say you have fought the boss. You find where this flag is and force it back to not fought and you can then go endlessly.
Alternatively if you can figure out how to edit maps you could place the final boss in like any standard enemy, or if the boss takes place on a separate map/level copy and paste that level over another one (say another random small dungeon and depending upon how it is coded it might allow you to go endlessly there.

i know nothing of editing levels or any hacking in general so is this a lost cause. plus i dont think anyone ever edited quests in god eater 1/2 only the monster hunter games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.