Assassins Creed: Rogue gets remastered edition

After a ratings board leak last month, rumors were circulating that Assassins' Creed: Rogue would be getting a re-release on current generation hardware. And as of today, Ubisoft has confirmed that the game will be getting remastered for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and will feature 4K resolution for the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X as well. Additionally, all DLC content will be bundled with the remastered version of the game. Assassins' Creed: Rogue initially launched in 2014, for PlayStation 3 and the Xbox 360.

Today, Ubisoft announced that Assassin’s Creed® Rogue Remastered will be available on March 20th, 2018, for PlayStation®4 Pro and Playstation®4 computer entertainment systems, and across the Xbox One family of devices, including Xbox One X. Assassin’s Creed Rogue Remastered will include all of the downloadable content from the original game: two bonus missions (The Armor of Sir Gunn Quest and The Siege of Fort de Sable), as well as the Master Templar and Explorer packs, which contain weapons, customisation items and special outfits, including Bayek’s legacy outfit from Assassin’s Creed® Origins.

Created by Ubisoft Sofia, the studio that developed the original Assassin’s Creed Rogue, this remaster further enriches the franchise’s current-gen catalogue, and the game will shine in 4K on PlayStation®4 Pro and Xbox One X (and run 1080p on PS4™ and Xbox One). Thanks to the higher resolution, improved environment rendering, visual effects and textures, Assassin’s Creed Rogue Remastered will offer an even more beautiful and immersive gaming experience that invites fans of the series and new players alike to discover, or rediscover, Shay’s adventures in 18th century North America.

Initially launched on PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360 in 2014, Assassin’s Creed Rogue tells the unique story of Shay Patrick Cormac, a fearless young member of the Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood, who undergoes a dark transformation from an Assassin to a grim and committed Templar who hunts down his former brothers. Players’ journeys will take them from beautiful New York City to the Wild River Valley and icy cold waters of the North Atlantic.

Assassin’s Creed is an action-adventure series set in fully realised open world environments throughout notable times in history, such as the Third Crusade, the Golden Age of Pirates and the Industrial Revolution. Initially launched in 2007, the Assassin’s Creed franchise has since transcended video games to offer new and immersive experiences in comic books, mobile games, novels and even movies. Recognised for having some of the richest, most engrossing storytelling in the industry, Assassin's Creed games have sold more than 105 million units worldwide, and the franchise is now established as one of the best-selling series ever

:arrow: Official Site

death360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great was thinking about buying it since it had become backwards compatible on the xone might as well just wait for this so called remastered version.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
But it's on Steam for $20 before sale pricing. And the "remaster" probably won't bring anything significant to warrant the price over the PC version.
Why are you assuming that people own gaming PC's in addition to their consoles? They don't, otherwise they wouldn't have a reason to own one. Owning multiple platforms is not a mainstream phenomenon, it only concerns two groups - - very dedicated gamers because they feel the need to play everything and open-minded Nintendo fans because they have no other option if they want to play Nintendo games *and* mainstream games. Most people game on one device, that's it.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Why are you assuming that people own gaming PC's in addition to their consoles? They don't, otherwise they wouldn't have a reason to own one. Owning multiple platforms is not a mainstream phenomenon, it only concerns two groups - - very dedicated gamers because they feel the need to play everything and open-minded Nintendo fans because they have no other option if they want to play Nintendo games *and* mainstream games. Most people game on one device, that's it.
The smart thing to do if you were to only own one platform is go with PC. That's just comparing sheer numbers and value when it comes to the games library. Sure, some people are only looking for simplicity, and they should stick to consoles. Honestly though: building a PC is not that hard, it's just like Lego.

Reactions: CallmeBerto

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assassin's GREED, the numbers dont like.
AG3 sold 12mil uits.
AG:black flag sold 13mil units.
Unity which had fans bashing xbox1 900p support made ubisoft make all versions the shite xb1 port sold 8mil broken games.
syndicate, which had broken handrail detection sold 4mil unit.
And finally AG origins sold 2.5mil units where the map was 99.9% flat sand in an action rpg

yell assassins greed is dead

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The smart thing to do if you were to only own one platform is go with PC. That's just comparing sheer numbers and value when it comes to the games library. Sure, some people are only looking for simplicity, and they should stick to consoles. Honestly though: building a PC is not that hard, it's just like Lego.
Smart to you. There's a variety of things to consider. If the device is going to be used by the whole family and has to be purchased on a tight budget, a console totally makes sense - it's cheap, it's simple to use, it requires zero maintenance and you never have to upgrade any of the parts. You might argue that Steam is more cost-effective in the long run, except you can't trade your digital games in whereas the pre-owned console game business is as big as ever. Different strokes for different folks - you assume every gamer knows how to work a PC when most don't have the slightest clue about anything that's not displayed on the desktop, and if it takes more than pressing the power button to get it, it might as well be black magic. Consoles sell because they're plug and play, a trained monkey could use them.

NatsumiX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never played this one, so i might get it for XBOX.
Only played 2, 3, Black Flag and Syndicate so far.

How good is this one?

DaMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where's my Doom 2016 remaster
It was announced yesterday.
DTRXpFUXkAAjE6Q.jpg

thewarhammer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well this game released the same day as Black Flag iirc, but everyone had made the jump to nextgen and didn't get to play this as it was PS3/360 only, whereas Black Flag was PS4/X1. It was a weird move by Ubisoft.

I knew they would do this and am happy to finally get to play!

The same day as Unity, actually.

What pains me is that, besides the game being very good and all the praise, they could have released it years before when it was still relevant.

I'd still buy it, though.

Last edited by thewarhammer,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
A remaster on a current-gen console... Oh boy. The videogame industry is so stupid sometimes. And I can't even get another game in the Chrono series, let alone a remake or a remaster. Yikes!

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont get why UBI would port this one after all this time.

Personally i favoured the first three, they seemed to have lost the plot since, back then you had an actual story, not just OHH HERE YOU ARE, YOUR THIS GUY SET IN THIS TIME and thats it.

I would have liked to see the first three actually remade, none of this remaster crap which is basically the same textures/models, just a beefed up graphic setting.

I was also surprised for once to see a Dev remaster an old game and it not be coming to nintendo.

And yes for the fans, i wouldnt be buying this for the PS4/XBX1 again as i already own it, i would however if it was an actual remaster and not a shitty port with only difference being resoltion/frames and slightly higher texture quality..... or if it retails for £20 and not £40+

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame: