Assassins Creed: Rogue gets remastered edition

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Chary, Jan 11, 2018.

1. death360

death360 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Great was thinking about buying it since it had become backwards compatible on the xone might as well just wait for this so called remastered version.

2. Xzi

Xzi Virtual Bartman

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    But it's on Steam for $20 before sale pricing. And the "remaster" probably won't bring anything significant to warrant the price over the PC version.

3. DSpider

DSpider GBAtemp Fan

Mar 14, 2015
    Romania
    No PC version? What the hell.

4. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Why are you assuming that people own gaming PC's in addition to their consoles? They don't, otherwise they wouldn't have a reason to own one. Owning multiple platforms is not a mainstream phenomenon, it only concerns two groups - - very dedicated gamers because they feel the need to play everything and open-minded Nintendo fans because they have no other option if they want to play Nintendo games *and* mainstream games. Most people game on one device, that's it.

5. Xzi

Xzi Virtual Bartman

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    The smart thing to do if you were to only own one platform is go with PC. That's just comparing sheer numbers and value when it comes to the games library. Sure, some people are only looking for simplicity, and they should stick to consoles. Honestly though: building a PC is not that hard, it's just like Lego.

CallmeBerto likes this.
  6. gameboy

gameboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 9, 2015
    United States
    Assassin's GREED, the numbers dont like.
    AG3 sold 12mil uits.
    AG:black flag sold 13mil units.
    Unity which had fans bashing xbox1 900p support made ubisoft make all versions the shite xb1 port sold 8mil broken games.
    syndicate, which had broken handrail detection sold 4mil unit.
    And finally AG origins sold 2.5mil units where the map was 99.9% flat sand in an action rpg

yell assassins greed is dead

7. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Smart to you. There's a variety of things to consider. If the device is going to be used by the whole family and has to be purchased on a tight budget, a console totally makes sense - it's cheap, it's simple to use, it requires zero maintenance and you never have to upgrade any of the parts. You might argue that Steam is more cost-effective in the long run, except you can't trade your digital games in whereas the pre-owned console game business is as big as ever. Different strokes for different folks - you assume every gamer knows how to work a PC when most don't have the slightest clue about anything that's not displayed on the desktop, and if it takes more than pressing the power button to get it, it might as well be black magic. Consoles sell because they're plug and play, a trained monkey could use them.

8. pustal

pustal Koalafied member.

Jul 19, 2011
    Portugal
    The Matrix
    Xzi likes this.
  9. dimmidice

dimmidice GBAtemp Addict

Sep 12, 2009
    Belgium
    Why Rogue but not Black Flag? This makes no sense to me.

Edit: oh this is just for consoles. Makes sense then.

10. pustal

pustal Koalafied member.

Jul 19, 2011
    Portugal
    The Matrix
    Black Flag was already launched to XBox One and PlayStation 4 while Rogue was only launched to the previous generation of the console.

11. NatsumiX

NatsumiX Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2017
    United States
    Never played this one, so i might get it for XBOX.
    Only played 2, 3, Black Flag and Syndicate so far.

How good is this one?

12. DaMan

DaMan Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2016
    United States
  13. thewarhammer

thewarhammer GBAtemp Regular

Sep 15, 2009
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    The same day as Unity, actually.

What pains me is that, besides the game being very good and all the praise, they could have released it years before when it was still relevant.

I'd still buy it, though.

Last edited by thewarhammer, Jan 12, 2018
  14. enhasa

enhasa Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2013
    United States
    Never even heard of this game before.

15. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    A remaster on a current-gen console... Oh boy. The videogame industry is so stupid sometimes. And I can't even get another game in the Chrono series, let alone a remake or a remaster. Yikes!

16. Retroboy

Retroboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 28, 2015
    I dont get why UBI would port this one after all this time.

Personally i favoured the first three, they seemed to have lost the plot since, back then you had an actual story, not just OHH HERE YOU ARE, YOUR THIS GUY SET IN THIS TIME and thats it.

I would have liked to see the first three actually remade, none of this remaster crap which is basically the same textures/models, just a beefed up graphic setting.

I was also surprised for once to see a Dev remaster an old game and it not be coming to nintendo.

And yes for the fans, i wouldnt be buying this for the PS4/XBX1 again as i already own it, i would however if it was an actual remaster and not a shitty port with only difference being resoltion/frames and slightly higher texture quality..... or if it retails for £20 and not £40+

17. CallmeBerto

CallmeBerto The "Lone Wanderer"

GBAtemp Patron
    CallmeBerto is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 1, 2017
    United States
    USA
    Played Rouge a few years back and it was ok. If this version ever goes to under 20 I will pick it up.