Xepherous

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all - I'm new to the community

I have an R4i 3DS Gold Plus on its way to me and I'm very excited to CFW my 2DS XL.

However upon doing research there was a ban wave in May/June of loads of CFW devices? My question is: Are Nintendo still banning people as of late and what steps can I take to prevent being banned?

Thanks!

-Xepherous

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're stupid, you get banned. If you're smart and careful, Nintendo can't notice the CFW.

Don't use CIA homebrew or out of region, or modified games online, and don't connect to the internet if one of those is the last application launched.

Xepherous

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks, if I was to get games from freeshop and play online would it cause a ban? Sounds silly to ask but I read that using freeshop doesn't (whereas using sky3ds could - public and private headers and all of that)

Reactions: Deleted User

Xepherous

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Like people who got banned for playing Pokemon S/M online before it was even officially released. I mean, you're just asking to get banned if you do something this stupid.

I know that, but that doesn't explain the people who got banned in masses in May/June does it?

Windylacine

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I know that, but that doesn't explain the people who got banned in masses in May/June does it?
That has to do with the fact, Developers released Bootrom exploit that bypass all sorts of software updates, causing Nintendo to lose their minds and the fight last year.

That causes bans unrelated to piracy, leaked games and all, there is no way to know the cause of said bans.
Though It appears banwave had ended for a long while ago, there are absolutely no reports of further bans aside from shared LCFS_B bans.

I wasn't affected by that banwave, I had to get rid of all unauthorized applications like CIAs and nuked Data of activity logs and PTM from any of my 3DS units just to lay low.

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, if I was to get games from freeshop and play online would it cause a ban? Sounds silly to ask but I read that using freeshop doesn't (whereas using sky3ds could - public and private headers and all of that)
If you use the homebrew launcher version (3dsx) it's safe as far as anyone knows. Nintendo doesn't appear to have the ability to check eshop history against installed titles, and they don't really care about 3ds users anymore.

Reactions: Xepherous

EQQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
So far as long as you follow the 3ds.guide suggestion (spotpass off, automatic off and friends) and you never go online with modified cias (like a translation) or too new games (like that pokemon game), what you must remember is to never enable spotpass/streetpass on any game for any reason. If that game pretend spotpass delete it and find better/play offline. Pay attention at first load of a new game, a prompt may pop asking if you want to share informations with nintendo etc, press no.
Stay far from miiplaza, best place to get banned.
Don't create nor use a nnid. It logs everything = ban

Last edited by EQQ,
Reactions: Xepherous

Xepherous

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So far as long as you follow the 3ds.guide suggestion (spotpass off, automatic off and friends) and you never go online with modified cias (like a translation) or too new games (like that pokemon game), what you must remember is to never enable spotpass/streetpass on any game for any reason. If that game pretend spotpass delete it and find better/play offline. Pay attention at first load of a new game, a prompt may pop asking if you want to share informations with nintendo etc, press no.

Thanks! I never intended to use a NNID it doesn't have any perks for me haha

Reactions: EQQ

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bit extreme. I use streetpass and have an NNID, as long as you're careful it's fine.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're stupid, you get banned. If you're smart and careful, Nintendo can't notice the CFW.
thats not exactly true . . . i have like cfw 7 3ds family systems they all saw the same lack of "prevention" only one got banned and it was a console i havent used for 6 months before the ban . . . while my main system (and the 5 others) were fine

no no it does not

Freqman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i already made a NNID before i installed CFW, hopefully it doesnt bite me in the ass.. what happens if i disable my NNID? do i have to re-install all of the games? do i lose saves?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My therapy chair is padded