Reactions: AnimeAnimeEdy

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Around here we mainly look at the exclusives or versions which maybe did not make it out of Japan entirely intact, possibly with an eye to ones you can play with no/minimal Japanese knowledge. Not sure what I want to suggest if you are in Japan and buying Japanese games as a general concept.

Minna no soft tetris/Tetris Advance Japanese version is the best commercial tetris game on the GBA. Homebrew wise it is pretty much Tetnus on Drugs/Lockjaw that beats it.

There are a whole mess of puzzle games that were Japan only. The sequels to Kuru Kuru Kururin being among the more notable for me.

Super Robot Taisen eventually made it outside Japan in some form, however if you can speak Japanese I would suggest those.

Also if you can speak Japanese the medabots/medarot RPG sequels/remakes were good stuff.

Haro no Puyo Puyo was a nice little gundam themed puyo puyo title.

As ever Japan put a Lode Runner version where elsewhere did not.

The bomberman games which never made it out of Japan can be worth a look, however you are not going to miss much if you don't really care for story bomberman.

Reactions: AnimeAnimeEdy

AnimeAnimeEdy

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Are you maybe looking at buying these games all from Japan?? Or just a review on which Japanese games are the best?

If you are I would suggest popular titles like Kururin, Boktai, Drill Dozer or Megaman. And of course there are the classics like Kirby or Final Fantasy which are a must for GBA players.

It can be quite difficult and expensive if you are trying to find Japanese GBA versions on online stores and trying to ship them overseas however. So you are best at looking at Japanese online stores that ship multiple games together to save you money.
You can try a site like SAMURAI BUYER which do package deals and you don't have to pay shipping at all so that's a bonus. They have a deal atm that is like a second hand GBA plus 5 random games for only like $88, so that would be my suggestion in terms of value.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.