GCN Best possible mods for a Gamecube

Potato Paste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking to get a gamecube again and looking for the best mods I could possibly do
Will be getting a gameboy player with it

Petrucci

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd highly recommend adding a region switch. It's pretty useful since a lot of games that are pretty expensive in America are far cheaper to import. I'd also look into some lists of good Japanese-only GC games.

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I'd highly recommend adding a region switch. It's pretty useful since a lot of games that are pretty expensive in America are far cheaper to import. I'd also look into some lists of good Japanese-only GC games.
Xeno>Region switch

A Xeno chip lets you do region free and play homebrew and backups. If you're feeling particularly adventurous an HDMI mod is amazing.

Also, Gameboy Interface homebrew is kinda bare bones but will deliver a better picture than the Gameboy player software and you pay less for the Gameboy player if it doesn't included the start-up disc.

Last edited by Monty Kensicle,

Potato Paste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xeno>Region switch

A Xeno chip lets you do region free and play homebrew and backups. If you're feeling particularly adventurous an HDMI mod is amazing.

Also, Gameboy Interface homebrew is kinda bare bones but will deliver a better picture than the Gameboy player software and you pay less for the Gameboy player if it doesn't included the start-up disc.
How do I start the HDMI mod. I have the gamecube with the Digital port

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Xeno>Region switch

They're completely different anyway. A region switch changes the console's OS language, modchips don't directly. (Swiss has options to help)
If you need it that much then I'd suggest using the Xeno chip on a Japan system. You'll outright avoid those pesky compatibility issues with Japanese games.

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
How do I start the HDMI mod. I have the gamecube with the Digital port
Detailed videos or guides seem to be thin on the ground I'm sorry to say. I managed to do it but I've been modding consoles for over ten years now. if you're new it might not be the best project to start off with.

Potato Paste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Detailed videos or guides seem to be thin on the ground I'm sorry to say. I managed to do it but I've been modding consoles for over ten years now. if you're new it might not be the best project to start off with.

Yeah I was looking on some info on it and a lot of it is like splicing the rare component cable up and turning it to an HDMI.
I'm not exactly a novice but nor am I a super expert.
Do you have any tips on how to do attempt this?
I really want my GBA player in outputed through HDMI lol. Can't deal with emulator lags and such
I already have a Xeno lined up to start the homebrew adventure too lol (I heard that the hombrew GBA player is better than the offical Nintendo one?)

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I was looking on some info on it and a lot of it is like splicing the rare component cable up and turning it to an HDMI.
I'm not exactly a novice but nor am I a super expert.
Do you have any tips on how to do attempt this?
I really want my GBA player in outputed through HDMI lol. Can't deal with emulator lags and such
I already have a Xeno lined up to start the homebrew adventure too lol (I heard that the hombrew GBA player is better than the offical Nintendo one?)
Tearing up a Gamecube component cable? Where'd you hear that?

The mod uses a pre-made FPGA board that taps into the existing digital pins and 5V power rail on a DOL-001 model Gamecube's Digital out. I desoldered the digital AV out port on mine to make room for the FPGA but most just lay the HDMI board on top of it and cut a small hole for the connector.

Potato Paste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tearing up a Gamecube component cable? Where'd you hear that?

The mod uses a pre-made FPGA board that taps into the existing digital pins and 5V power rail on a DOL-001 model Gamecube's Digital out. I desoldered the digital AV out port on mine to make room for the FPGA but most just lay the HDMI board on top of it and cut a small hole for the connector.

Maybe I misread or misheard a video or something I cant find what I was talking about lol.

Is your mod similiar to this?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=SyYyQy3oTPY

and the FPGA board is this?:
http://www.knjn.com/ShopBoards_RS232_Parallel.html

If so it doesnt look too bad. I'm willing to risk a Gamecube or 2 for this project lol. I really want my GBA games in HDMI lol. I can do the Xeno Mod so this doesnt seem too far off right?

also what do you think about these adaptors?

Potato Paste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the WKF is a whole in one driver replacement. No need for anything else, no USB Gecko stcking out. More polish setup. Well, in my opinion.
Have a look :
https://www.gc-forever.com/forums/v...2&sid=5a2eaf4089478d873aef5408ff28bb7d#p28193

This looks a lot better screw the Xeno mod LOL. What do I need to get started ?

Also what do you guys think about the GCVideo? for the HDMI mod:
http://www.badassconsoles.com/gcvideo-1/

This looks easy to do/ What I want lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: where are my cute girls