Best way to connect Sega Megadrive 1 to Tv

pin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I'm trying to connect my MD1 to my tv> i have used the RF cable but after a while I started getting a high pitched sound. Swapped RF leads and it was the same. I have tried headphones and the sound outputs fine. I'm thinking then to connect via AV out to see if it works. Would av out to scart - scart female connector to component work okay. This is all going to be routed via my AV receiver and my TV has no scart connections.

If anyone has any better ideas, I'd welcome them.

Cheers

D

Deleted User

Hi,

I'm trying to connect my MD1 to my tv> i have used the RF cable but after a while I started getting a high pitched sound. Swapped RF leads and it was the same. I have tried headphones and the sound outputs fine. I'm thinking then to connect via AV out to see if it works. Would av out to scart - scart female connector to component work okay. This is all going to be routed via my AV receiver and my TV has no scart connections.

If anyone has any better ideas, I'd welcome them.

Cheers
I just used an AV Cable for my MD1. It's only about $10, and it works fine on my LCD TV. A quick search on Amazon lead me to this: https://www.amazon.com/Dotop-Sega-Genesis-Standard-AV-Cable/dp/B002FY0CM0/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1515616941&sr=8-5&keywords=sega+genesis+av+cable

Another option would be to plug a speaker into the MD1's headphone jack, then just use the RF Cable as normal. It could be useful if you have a spare speaker lying around.

That being said, my MD1 is an NTSC model, however, I'm pretty sure this will work across all regions.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: pin

koffieleut

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you're from Europe then it isn't hard to find an old crt these days for cheap.
If you found one, I would recommend buying a RGB scart (or completely modifying your system, so that you have RGB and audio L/R from your DIN connector :P)

Reactions: pin

pin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If you're from Europe then it isn't hard to find an old crt these days for cheap.
If you found one, I would recommend buying a RGB scart (or completely modifying your system, so that you have RGB and audio L/R from your DIN connector :P)

Yeah I have a few crts but wanted to play this i n my main gaming room. I need a bigger house really!

Fixed the sound. The TV tuning had drifted even though the picture was fine. Retuned and all good now.

Thanks for the input guys

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1