Hyokia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pippin666 said:
Hyokia said:
Thanks for your help cobleman.
It didn't work after renaming it SC7J52.
I found another way to get the update instead.
How ??
frown.gif

Pip'

I got the update by changing the Wii shop channel to the same region as my game using any region changer.

markyboy77

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.getinthehole.info
XP
Country
i had a problem getting mine to update also

here is hat i managed to do to get mine to work

i have a PAL will and had the USA iso , i changed my USA iso to a PAL iso , after i changed that i went into the Wii data manager and removed all my COD BO save files ( this is what i forgot to do and was not getting the update message) this is very important and i am sure those who had the same issue as me might have as simple a fix
biggrin.gif

i dint have to update any shopping channel

Miacat

Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone help me please, can't get black ops to load, I get the 'The disc could not be read', this happens shortly after the activivision copy right statement and the word loading starts down in the left hand corner of the screen. It progress witha few dots back and forth and then throws up the error. I am on firmware 4.1E, have darkcorp1.1 installed and all other cIOSes like Hermes v5.1 (all cIOSes) and cIOS 249r20, I just can't see what I am missing to enable the game to load. I know the copy is good as it works on another modded Wii. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

robbywu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Miacat said:
Can anyone help me please, can't get black ops to load, I get the 'The disc could not be read', this happens shortly after the activivision copy right statement and the word loading starts down in the left hand corner of the screen. It progress witha few dots back and forth and then throws up the error. I am on firmware 4.1E, have darkcorp1.1 installed and all other cIOSes like Hermes v5.1 (all cIOSes) and cIOS 249r20, I just can't see what I am missing to enable the game to load. I know the copy is good as it works on another modded Wii. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Are you using your Cios with a base 57 to run the game?

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kinda late now but I was just looking at my recent nand dump and noticed the DLC sitting there it can be packed as wad in ShowMiiNand.

JuggaletteENJ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, so maybe I'm a noob, and sorry, but I am having issues. Black ops is freezing at loading....

I can't download the patch because i can't get to that point. I changed my settings in CFG USB to ISO50 and force NTSC and it still freezes

Any ideas?

dysan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Wiisel said:
kinda late now but I was just looking at my recent nand dump and noticed the DLC sitting there it can be packed as wad in ShowMiiNand.

well,can you upload the wad somewhere?I'm sure some people are still having problem downloading the patches....

juggalette, maybe you mean IOS 50? I think you should try IOS 249 base 57 or IOS 250 base 57...maybe that'll fix it

nintendoom

Nintendoom
Trophies
XP
whoomph said:
Is this the first wii game with a patch?
huh.gif

It's possible to do this on black ops, so why wasn't a patch issued for Mario Kart and other games with online issues (cheaters mostly)
angry.gif
YEAH>>.....

i HATE CHEATERS!!
but... i'm a cheater myself-----------------------------------------ONLY IN SINGLEPLAY---------not in MULTIPLAYER cause i know its bad
mellow.gif

officialjunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiisel said:

can you up the black ops DLC updates in wad form?

Cadeyrn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm completely updated and re-modded, new Shop Channel and all. I've registered and launched it before and after the update, but I still can't get my NTSC Black Ops to patch on my NTSC Wii. It just hangs on Connecting to Nintendo WFC forever. Could I get some help in the form of troubleshooting or the patch in a wad?

EDIT: It also may help to say that even though I'm on 4.3U, the Wii System Update says there's a new update, and the Wii Shop Channel said it had a new version until I manually installed IOS57 v5662 and SCv20.

Cadeyrn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TO ALL PEOPLE STILL HAVING PROBLEMS after upgrading their Wii SC and using the right region of Black Ops with a cIOS of base 57:

I couldn't figure it out after reading through this thread and all Google had to offer, so I started thinking about what kind of issues it could be that are under my nose (as that's ALWAYS the case with electronics for me). The first thing I thought of and tried was port forwarding. If the patch doesn't work after doing everything in this thread, remember that if you have a router (or a DSL modem), the ports 443, 3074, and 3075 must be forwarded to your Wii for the patch to happen. Doing that fixed it right up for me.

Also, if someone could tell me how I would make a wad of the patch, I can do that and upload it somewhere for people who just can't get it working period. I don't know if my NTSC patch would work with PAL...

JonthanD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a pointer to people who may be having issues with Black Ops online, if you do everything involving IOS's and you still cannot get online and the patch will not download.

Create another user account for the online part, I was messing around on my Wii and couldn't get online to see what all the fuss was about, I thought I was going mad... Long story short I created another account in semi crazy hope it would change something and it did. As soon as I created the new account it said "There is an update would you like to install it now?" I said yes and enjoyed a few games online (I must have hit noob city because I had like 20 kills and never even got shot...)

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i need some help getting this to work, the patch wont download for some reason.
i just installed cios 224 and i load the game off that so now zombies works? but it tells me i need to get an update and goes to the wi-fi connection but i press it and it just says please wait and the download wont come up.... anyone know why?

Cadeyrn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Lubbo: In my experience, cIOS 224 doesn't work properly until you use cIOS 250-57 to patch the game up. After you've installed the Jan. 25th patch, cIOS 250-57 will continue to work, but you'll have stuttering issues unless you switch to 224.

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lubbo said:
i need some help getting this to work, the patch wont download for some reason.
i just installed cios 224 and i load the game off that so now zombies works? but it tells me i need to get an update and goes to the wi-fi connection but i press it and it just says please wait and the download wont come up.... anyone know why?

Are you used the shop channel at least once? If no - Update ios56 and ShopChannel-v20

fightonb3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a softmodded wii with firmware 4.2k with the korean version of the shop channel... is there any way i can either region change my shop channel or just get the patch to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou