Blossom Tales: The Sleeping King releases December 21st on Switch

Blossom Tales: The Sleeping King will be available on December 21st, 2017, console-exclusive for Nintendo Switch.

9d0052f5-3026-4faa-a36d-2b78182685bb.jpg

"Explore a vast open game world in classic action-adventure fashion as Lily, Knight of the Rose! Slash your way through monster-infested dungeons to save the Kingdom of Blossom from eternal darkness."

"Collect unique weapons, spells, and more during your journey to take down powerful bosses and solve clever puzzles.Be part of a vivid, dynamic story passed down from grandfather to grandchildren by influencing the course of events yourself!"

9dc4af27-b038-4670-b432-643ef3eea594.png e5a53d2f-ecf6-4e2b-95ff-bd89014f5110.png e183293b-0638-49fd-98c0-be8324e19731.png d90413c6-88af-4b5a-9d98-5ae8251e42d4.png b2ceb46b-cfbf-4d87-a44c-20242c4b92af.png 1c349692-8bc3-419a-b516-9d395243429e.png
:arrow:Blossom Tales Official Site

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so many good games on the switch or coming to it. I'm now hyped for this one. now, I just need to get a switch. I'll probably be able to get one next year.

D

Deleted User

• From a cursory glance, it looks like the game abides by color limitations that the SNES could reasonably handle. That's a plus.
  • Sprites in the game seem a bit too "bouncy," especially for a game that's apparently trying to pay homage to an SNES game. If this game was made in the 1990s on SNES hardware, I doubt the developers would bother implementing these visual cues. This, combined with a decidedly un-detailed character sprite, make the game look a little too close to the hip, retro, indie, 8-bit pixel art craze that seems to have exploded during this generation. It just rubs me the wrong way when games try to look old, yet have large and obvious breaks from the technical limitations of the consoles they're trying to copy the look of made for little reason whatsoever. While Undertale is hardly an example of good pixel art and staying within the restraints of systems like the NES, at least it's deliberate in breaking those limitations to produce an effect or elicit a response from the player.
  • Particle effects seem to be just huge pixel blobs moving around on-screen. At least try to make more detailed effects. Use dithering or something, for crying out loud.
  • The music seems to be an odd combination of NES and SNES music. While the NES touch makes it look like it's trying too hard to be retro, it's a cool and catchy composition nonetheless.
  • Modern lighting and shader effects. They seem off on a game trying to look so decidedly pixelated. This goes into what I was saying about hip, retro, indie, 8-bit pixel art games that I see so often these days.
  • Mapping items to buttons, a la Oracle of Ages/Seasons? I'm down with that; it was one thing the original ALTTP didn't do.
  • Gameplay-wise, it seems too close to the Zelda games for comfort. Maybe that's intentional, but, unfortunately, most people I know would rather just play Zelda. Give people a reason to play this game over Zelda, be it a gameplay mechanic, art style, just anything. Kudos to the devs if this is their first game, it's great for a first attempt at a commercial game, but for future games, you need to offer something that several hundred other games aren't already trying to sell.
Sorry if I sound like I'm being an armchair developer here, but this game seems to fall into a lot of pitfalls that modern indie games trip on. Feel free to take what I have with a grain of salt, though.

sup3rgh0st

Top Tier Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by sup3rgh0st, , Reason: Clarification

YamiZee

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Isn't this a bit too close to Zelda? Isn't this too similar to even be legal can't they get sued or something

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
seems like a quick cheap buy for me of the eshop for more zeldaish fun

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

When some of the people that were against female Link/Linkle said, "make your own game", I don't think someone would take it to heart.
at least the character in this game seems cuter then Linkle, sorry nintendo but ya kinda lost there

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi: Good morning!