Bluehole (makers of PUBG) announces steampunk MMORPG "Ascent: Infinite Realm"

Kakao Games, known as the publisher for Black Desert Online has announced that they will be publishing a new steampunk-fantasy MMORPG from developer Bluehole, most notable for their recent mass hit, PlayerUnknown Battlegrounds. As for their history with MMO's, Bluehole was the company behind TERA, which released in 2012. A trailer was also uploaded, showing off gameplay mechanics. Massive lag and slowdown can be seen as well, though the game still is early in development. There's no set release timeframe yet, though there will be a beta sometime by Q2 2018.

About Ascent: Infinite Realm

Ascent: Infinite Realm takes place in a high fantasy steampunk world where machines and magic rule and everyone is dependent on flight to explore, travel, and conquer. In search of a new home, adventurers take to the skies using a wide selection of airships, vehicles, and flying mounts to traverse Ascent: Infinite Realm’s open, highly vertical world.

Realm vs. Realm Combat

Vehicles and mounts in Ascent: Infinite Realm serve more than just the purpose of transportation; they will also provide adventurers with the ultimate battle experience: Ascent: Infinite Realm’s Realm vs. Realm PvP mode. In RvR, factions fight for fame and glory, taking turns to lead offensive and defensive efforts using all kinds of fantastical flying vehicles. Players can also join the fight from the ground with mechs and the use of anti-air artillery to fight airborne threats―or initiate ground based aerial attacks depending on the map and strategy. Various strategic weapons such as cannons, mines and attack buffs are at each faction’s disposal to tip the balance in their favour. The combination of ground-based and aerial combat makes each fight strategically challenging and dynamic.

Keeping it Personalized

Most of Ascent: Infinite Realm’s content is highly customizable, allowing players to tailor detailed aspects of their play experience and unleash their creativity. An airship, for instance, can have its type, appearance, color, and performance modified. Players can even create their own quests, alter their hunting grounds, and change the difficulty when battling monsters in dungeons or hunting areas.

■ Key Features

• Explore a beautifully designed high fantasy steampunk world.
  • Discover a fusion of classic MMORPG elements with multi-dimensional gameplay encompassing both land and sky.
  • Choose from five fully customizable classes.
  • Conquer the skies with Ascent: Infinite Realm’s Realm vs. Realm mode and experience massive aerial battles.

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Roleplaying games like MMOs tend to try diversify character creation to reach as many people as they can, and furries are (unfortunately) a pretty large group.
It's not a korean thing, actually it's probably most common in western MMOs because furries are way bigger here.
No, I mean the NPCs that you can't play as.

Kind of weird seeing this post while having that avatar and sig.
This dog is the entire reason the game "Ghost Trick" is great as he is extremely integral to the plot, which I can't say for most of these animals in korean MMOs who exist just to look cute.

chrisman02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've actually dreamed of a game like this, an MMO where you can pilot airships then switch to ground combat.

Closest we've had so far is Worlds Adrift, which is.... utterly terrible. Just a bunch of empty islands, extremely buggy, and if a glitch destroys your ship then you have to start completely from scratch. All the hours you spent grinding resources and designing, gone.

It was so bad they removed it from Steam's early access, it was so early they couldn't qualify for early access. Even Astroneer, a pre-alpha, is more polished XD

Back on topic I really hope they can iron out the framerates and the gunplay feels OK. Also really hope if something goes wrong you don't permanently lose your airship.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.