ROM Hack Boktai Solar Sensor Patch Kit

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
boktai 1 patch doesn't wok on dstwo.
It just makes the solar bar freak out at maximum and flikker.

I saw somewhere online that there is a working patch for the dstwo boktai 1 but link was down.
Can someone help me out here?

Prof. 9

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
boktai 1 patch doesn't wok on dstwo.
It just makes the solar bar freak out at maximum and flikker.

Did you use the Clean+Patch version? I found recently that it has some issues due to the way IPS works. If you did, try patching the Patch version over it. Also, make sure you use the patch with the correct region.

Django999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you use the Clean+Patch version? I found recently that it has some issues due to the way IPS works. If you did, try patching the Patch version over it. Also, make sure you use the patch with the correct region.

I just went and bought the Revo k101 and I am so excited to rock out all three Boktai games before anything else! Thanks for these patches! Boktai is like the pinnacle of the GBA in my opinion.

They need to make a sequel that does not change the canon like Lunar Knights did. Or was it canon in Japan? I really cant tell. Basically after the wall tap and dragging coffins was removed, the game was not as fun.

ShedoSurashu

Trophies
XP
Country
/edit
thanx to kode9's sources & armips, my boktai now changes sunlight with R+UP/DOWN
if anyone cares "0C0h" must be replaced by "040h"

Hi umm, sorry for necroing your reply but can you perhaps share your Clean + Patch.ips for the US version of Boktai 1 that has this sunlight fix? R + Up/Down seems to be a lot easier to do (on Android) than L + R + Left/Right. Thanks a lot in advance! (Hope you're still around.)

Y

yule80

First, thank you very much for this.

Second, you're awesome.

Anyway, I got a problem with Boktai 2.
I patched both Boktai (E) first with Clean+Patch and the Sun meter was not filled. I pressed Select and it's still empty. Same goes for (U), though I patched in with Clean then Clean+Patch. I did something wrong, didn't I?

Y

yule80

... Boktai 2 (E) first with Clean+Patch and the Sun meter was not filled. I pressed Select...

Ah, I made a mistake. I meant to type Boktai 2. And I did as what you said but no changes. I did an experiment: I made 2 copies of Boktai 2 (E) then patched them differently from each other (Clean then Patch and Clean+Patch), but the result is still the same. I read your readme and downloaded the roms but still nothing. I wonder what went wrong. :<

Y

yule80

Can you give me the checksum for your patched ROM? You can use this tool: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/hash_my_files.html

Also, what are you trying to run it on?

Did I copied the right ones?

This is the Clean+Patch rom.

MD5: 8667ce7c2ee42265ce13ddb52f7ae386

SHA1: 7b3435ef04ad38929e1bf5634485279ef6ec7533

CRC32: e2b8d4b0

SHA256: 4c061fb29496ee08af56555c67c40b2acaf947978a3ea988d5d8523e6f4c0957

SHA512:f1cf226d4d05fee49897cf8b60176d1bfd3c9ced234f709e53be1e7b89f3d7a71621418b1d6e23c17f318dc6a70fb4bd03f67a0ed27ef07468d2f3ded30ab0fe

SHA384: 0c5bd9be59413596c6c407bff4ac714f7c82c1f1d6d5b3b069b6c17f3cd2e7e814f9a36fb81f8096dd6dad6b9d1002f0

I want to play this on VBA and tested it on this and on NO$ZOOMER.

Prof. 9

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
That looks like it's been patched correctly. I just applied the patch on a clean Boktai 2 (E) ROM again and got the same checksums. It works fine for me in both VBA-M (SVN1229) and No$gba 2.7c, so I dunno what the problem is. Are you holding Select while pressing Left/Right? You could try remapping your buttons; it wouldn't work for me if I had Select mapped to Right Shift in VBA (pressing Left/Right would just unpause the game).

Cignus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it possable to get the R+ up/Down patch or a little guide for me the untrained monkey that know not what he do? :P

Y

yule80

That looks like it's been patched correctly. I just applied the patch on a clean Boktai 2 (E) ROM again and got the same checksums. It works fine for me in both VBA-M (SVN1229) and No$gba 2.7c, so I dunno what the problem is. Are you holding Select while pressing Left/Right? You could try remapping your buttons; it wouldn't work for me if I had Select mapped to Right Shift in VBA (pressing Left/Right would just unpause the game).

Ah, I think the L+R bit is what I missed. O.O It worked, thanks!
And may I ask: it is normal in Boktai 1 that the last two in the Sun gauge are not bright as the rest? And I'm having difficulty decreasing and increasing the sun gauge with L+R and D-pad, it only stops at the last two slots.
HSJNMvH.png

Adrian-E-C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for these patches!
I am actually playing Boktai 3 in my Limited Edition Boktai GBA SP with upgraded backlight at this very moment...and it is magical!

Seriously...can Konami make a Boktai 5 with a similar randomly generated weather fake sun and 3D cell shaded graphics?
Or Just insanely detailed pixel art?

Prof. 9

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
And may I ask: it is normal in Boktai 1 that the last two in the Sun gauge are not bright as the rest? And I'm having difficulty decreasing and increasing the sun gauge with L+R and D-pad, it only stops at the last two slots.
No, which version is that? Can you give me the CRC32 of the patched ROM?

Prof. 9

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
The CRC32s for the patched Boktai 1 ROMs should be C7449CF4 for the (U) version and DC9F91DC for the (E) version, so your ROMs are patched incorrectly. I've tried both of them just now and they work fine. Make sure your clean ROM matches the one listed in cleanroms.txt included in the archive, then use the "Patch" patch; otherwise, use "Clean+Patch" then "Patch" afterwards. Just using Clean+Patch has some problems for Boktai 1 due to the way IPS patches work. I think I wrote this on the download page too, but it's easy to overlook, I suppose.

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
Hello Prof.9. I've been using your patch and enjoying the hell out of it, but there's a big, permanent bug I've experienced with Boktai 3. Whenever I turn off/soft reset the game, there's a chance that the maximum allowed value for the solar gauge will decrease by one, that is to say, that if I set the gauge to ten, it will default back to zero once I let go of select. To give you a better idea of what's happening, when I use the Sol transformation, the gauge rapidly flickers between full and empty. As of right now, I'm down to a maximum of 4 bars. I'm currently using your patch in tandem with DarthNemesis' translation v0.7b, the menu patch, and the name screen patch. Loading the save into ROMS with different solar patches removes the problem, but once I bring the save back over to your patch, the problem returns. I'm currently playing this on my DSlite via SupercardTwo and EZ Flash cart. I'm not emulating, I'm using GBA EXPloader.

I tried loading and emulating it using TempGBA, but the problem persists. I'm down for testing more things, if you think it'll help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality