Hacking Bounty for porting Dolphin to UWP

SFGChamps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems he's just playing games and isn't actually interested in doing the port. He's trying to play all of us for fools. Hence why he raised it to $250. Then when it hits $250 he'll raise it to $500. And maybe then he'll work on it lol. Nah f**k that someone else who knows what the hell they're doing will gladly do it for $150
I understand though, he lives in a sorry ass excuse of a country, I would be mad if I lived in a poor ass country also.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Reactions: wiired24

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand though, he lives in a sorry ass excuse of a country, I would be mad if I lived in a poor ass country also.

Ya know what I wonder if someone were to open up an "issue" on the dolphin Github page regarding a UWP port and posting a link for the bounty if someone from the official Dolphin Team would consider working on a port. Honestly for the right amount of money you can get people to do almost anything

SFGChamps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya know what I wonder if someone were to open up an "issue" on the dolphin Github page regarding a UWP port and posting a link for the bounty if someone from the official Dolphin Team would consider working on a port. Honestly for the right amount of money you can get people to do almost anything
I've already done that and the person denied it happening then i got a little attitude with the person and just said shit to everyone, If you want to do it, I highly suggest it. You know a lot more than me.

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've already done that and the person denied it happening then i got a little attitude with the person and just said shit to everyone, If you want to do it, I highly suggest it. You know a lot more than me.

I've actually got just the person in mind who could do this port and I know they would do a wonderful job. They have past experience with porting emulators to UWP and this person was the original author of Dolphin

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I thought the bounty was already from the Dolphin Github?
I think it should have been on there from the start. :P You should re-make the Bounty on their official Dolphin Issue page, that way alot more people will see it and you may even get a endorsement from the Dolphin guys themselves?

SFGChamps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've actually got just the person in mind who could do this port and I know they would do a wonderful job. They have past experience with porting emulators to UWP and this person was the original author of Dolphin
I am embarrassed with that thread because the shit I said was just straight up stupid.

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought the bounty was already from the Dolphin Github?
I think it should have been on there from the start. :P You should re-make the Bounty on their official Dolphin Issue page, that way alot more people will see it and you may even get a endorsement from the Dolphin guys themselves?

Yeah that'd be great and all but for some reason they have it set up to where you can't open an issue on the Dolphin Github page. I dunno why

Reactions: ploggy

SFGChamps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any update with this guy?

GarnetSunset

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems he's just playing games and isn't actually interested in doing the port. He's trying to play all of us for fools. Hence why he raised it to $250. Then when it hits $250 he'll raise it to $500. And maybe then he'll work on it lol. Nah f**k that someone else who knows what the hell they're doing will gladly do it for $150
Whos handling the fuckin bounty??!?! Seems like an asshole??

I'm reading up on docs for dolphin rn. @wiired24 if we could get that guy in our chat that'd be great, I'm getting a friend who wrote a section of UWPStreamer to look into stuff with me.

Last edited by GarnetSunset,
Reactions: wiired24

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got an official response back from Hygard

Unfortantely He declined
"I had enough of UWP during my port of PPSSPP :) It's quite painful to work with. No thanks. Hope you find someone who wants to do it." - Hygard

So Anyone else have any ideas?

@SFGChamps @GarnetSunset @ploggy

Last edited by wiired24,
Reactions: GarnetSunset

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got an official response back from Hygard

Unfortantely He declined

So Anyone else have any ideas?

@SFGChamps @GarnetSunset @ploggy

just the dosbox guy honestly? or the nesbox team? or find some other way to load the app on xbox one that doesn't involve uwp.

who are we talking about?

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just the dosbox guy honestly? or the nesbox team? or find some other way to load the app on xbox one that doesn't involve uwp.

Without an exploit there is no other way to load an application (that I'm aware of) other than UWP. It will need to be ported to UWP to run on XB1

The guy who jacked the price up on the bounty out of greed when we had already met the funraising goal

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Without an exploit there is no other way to load an application (that I'm aware of) other than UWP. It will need to be ported to UWP to run on XB1
one thing that interested me, was that supposedly there used to be a way to play retroarch on xbox one using retroarch browser until it got patched. Mind you I do not know how efficient that would be for dolphin emulator? other than that if we can find a way to load Linux on xbox one as well.

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one thing that interested me, was that supposedly there used to be a way to play retroarch on xbox one using retroarch browser until it got patched. Mind you I do not know how efficient that would be for dolphin emulator? other than that if we can find a way to load Linux on xbox one as well.

Playing Dolphin on a web browser would be very slow.

Reactions: kingtut

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1