wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True! Im wondering if we can use it for retrix?

Well that would be up to @Absestos

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

My response to Hygard
By the way do you know of anyone who might be interested in taking up the port? Honestly, If it ultimately comes down to it I can try to port it myself but I don't know alot about UWP and have no clue how to get started porting an application over to it. The only thing I've ever gotten by googling it is Desktop Bridge to UWP. That would be fine and all but the idea is to get Dolphin running on the Xbox One console via Dev Mode and I believe Desktop bridge only works for PC. I have a general idea about how a port might work but like I said I'm not sure how to get started and I feel there is probably someone much more qualified than me to do it. I really don't blame you for not wanting to do it. UWP is a mess at best. It's hard to find anyone who actually wants to work with it. I've been trying for several weeks now to try and find someone who may be interested in porting Dolphin to UWP. I'm honestly pretty close to just giving up.

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that would be up to @Absestos

My response to Hygard
honestly uwp is the best example for cool idea, really poor execution

btw, I heard there is a way to load emulator within unity 3d, do you think we could do that and use unity to port to xbox one as uwp

Reactions: wiired24

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

btw, I heard there is a way to load emulator within unity 3d, do you think we could do that and use unity to port to xbox one as uwp

I agree. I mean I honestly can't say I blame Hygard for not wanting to do it. it's nearly impossible to find ANYONE willing to port to UWP because it is such a pain to work with.

I hadn't thought about that before... That's an interesting idea

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree. I mean I honestly can't say I blame Hygard for not wanting to do it. it's nearly impossible to find ANYONE willing to port to UWP because it is such a pain to work with.

I hadn't thought about that before... That's an interesting idea
cause I found on GitHub that there are some emulators that are compiled in unity 3d, and I also heard recently that the Sega forever emulators use unity 3d (although poorly) to run on android and ios phones

here is an example of game boy emulator for unity3d: https://github.com/KonsomeJona/unity-gb

Reactions: ploggy

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cause I found on GitHub that there are some emulators that are compiled in unity 3d, and I also heard recently that the Sega forever emulators use unity 3d (although poorly) to run on android and ios phones

here is an example of game boy emulator for unity3d: https://github.com/KonsomeJona/unity-gb

Something kinda like this ^_^

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

yes, but instead of vr, we make it a regular 2d screen. I have decent knowledge of unity so I can contribute a little.

do you think I should make a separate thread for this here, in order to see who is interested to help?

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good news. We have a guy working on the port. This is a mockup of the GUI that they are working on. Keep in mind it's very early and the Final Product will actually look much better.

image.png

Reactions: Pickle_Rick

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good news. We have a guy working on the port. This is a mockup of the GUI that they are working on. Keep in mind it's very early and the Final Product will actually look much better.

image.png
Awesome, is he someone we know? also did he work on anything else?

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just got an official response back from Hygard

Unfortantely He declined

So Anyone else have any ideas?

@SFGChamps @GarnetSunset @ploggy
well thats our ace gone :(

image.png
Wow, that was unexpected! whoever it is I wish them all the luck in the world :D

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A bit of progress has been made for the Dolphin UWP Port. The mockup has been improved to include ratings for each gamecube/wii title and a splash screen has been added as well.

Splash Screen
image.png

GUI (WIP)
image.png

GarnetSunset

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giphy.gif

What's this??!?! A sudden revelation on the UI front?

Damn right! Dan Thale, or enjoyfebruary on deviantart, made some sick as hell UI and gave us the rights to use it!

dolphin_emulator_uwp_concept_by_enjoyfebruary-daw1p8q.jpg

The repo is up here: https://github.com/UWP-Team/dolphinUWP

Pulls are open and I'm going to start doing the conversion this weekend, I think very few calls need to be removed but that shouldnt kill performance.

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
giphy.gif

What's this??!?! A sudden revelation on the UI front?

Damn right! Dan Thale, or enjoyfebruary on deviantart, made some sick as hell UI and gave us the rights to use it!

dolphin_emulator_uwp_concept_by_enjoyfebruary-daw1p8q.jpg

The repo is up here: https://github.com/UWP-Team/dolphinUWP

Pulls are open and I'm going to start doing the conversion this weekend, I think very few calls need to be removed but that shouldnt kill performance.
i wonder if we could get him to do a retrix logo and a nice dolphin splash

Snoogins757

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Cant wait for some updates on this excited to see how well it can run, things have been very slow on the xbox one homebrew front something new is needed.

GarnetSunset

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cant wait for some updates on this excited to see how well it can run, things have been very slow on the xbox one homebrew front something new is needed.
It's pretty slow backend too! I'm just wrapping up some life stuff then probably goin full time on this. Sorry for delays everyone. I swear I'm not lazy ;v;

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good morning