Hacking Bricked 3ds

MYST78

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I bricked my 3ds cuz I got banned and I found another friend seed code and secure info a on youtube. After I injected them, I got bricked. I can access the luma menu, godmode 9, and decrypt9 btw.
I don't have a nand backup(I use to but computer got corrupted and I got a new computer but due to me being busy with school I wasn't able to dump the nand and completely forgot about it) but I do have a otp.bin.
So is there anything I can do or am I done for.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I bricked my 3ds cuz I got banned and I found another friend seed code and secure info a on youtube. After I injected them, I got bricked. I can access the luma menu, godmode 9, and decrypt9 btw.
I don't have a nand backup(I use to but computer got corrupted and I got a new computer but due to me being busy with school I wasn't able to dump the nand and completely forgot about it) but I do have a otp.bin.
So is there anything I can do or am I done for.
Follow this guide: https://3ds.guide/ctrtransfer

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You really shouldn't trust youtube videos for these kinds of things. Even if it didn't brick your system, there was high chance that it was going to end up being banned.
If you can still access all of the payloads, try just getting another seed from a trusted source like That Chaos site.

Reactions: Shadowfied

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't use someone else's edited secure_info A injected into your console's sysNAND, it will 100% brick if it the RSA signature has been modified. This has been common knowledge since the emuNAND days of old (Lol). Do not use files you got from some YouTube video!!

Anyway, try the CTRNAND transfer (11.5) again, but use Decrypt9 not Godmode9 and see if that works. Also, if you do get it fixed I would suggest ALWAYS keeping a NAND backup on your console. Don't be lazy, and don't be cheap; a 64GB SD card is like $10 and plenty storage enough to always have a current NAND dump present, then if this happens and you're on vacation or something you can fix it right away.

NAND dumps are kind of important.

MYST78

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried using decrypt9 and i still get the black screen. I can still access payloads though.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Edit: I am able to go to the recovery menu should i update ?

MYST78

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I updated. But i still boot to a black screen. I can still access payloads and recovery mode. For some reason when i boot without the sd card inserted, it turns off almost immediately after pressing the power button

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I updated. But i still boot to a black screen. I can still access payloads and recovery mode. For some reason when i boot without the sd card inserted, it turns off almost immediately after pressing the power button
I'm honestly surprised no one has suggest this https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-tool-a-tool-for-backing-up-restoring-wiping-sensitive-data.480762/

It's more than likely going to work 100% as it restores your consoles actual info from memory, so you don't even need your original Secureinfo_A.

Well, assuming you can ever get to the HomeMenu anyway......

EDIT: The only other thing I can think of is find someone who is wiling to dump you a good secureinfo_A from a broken console for your region, edit the serial code to match yours, inject it, and then use the tool above to restore your own, then destroy the donated file.

Last edited by Majickhat55,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Reactions: Majickhat55

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You can't use someone else's edited secure_info A injected into your console's sysNAND, it will 100% brick if it the RSA signature has been modified. This has been common knowledge since the emuNAND days of old (Lol). Do not use files you got from some YouTube video!!

Anyway, try the CTRNAND transfer (11.5) again, but use Decrypt9 not Godmode9 and see if that works. Also, if you do get it fixed I would suggest ALWAYS keeping a NAND backup on your console. Don't be lazy, and don't be cheap; a 64GB SD card is like $10 and plenty storage enough to always have a current NAND dump present, then if this happens and you're on vacation or something you can fix it right away.

NAND dumps are kind of important.
Actually, Luma has supported unsigned SecureInfo_A loading for a while now.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoa, when did that drop? That's awesome!

Also @MYST78, if you use the Lazarus script beware of the following:

https://github.com/AnalogMan151/Lazarus3DS/blob/master/README.md#notes said:
Notes
Consoles revived in this fashion will not be able to uninstall CFW. Uninstalling CFW will render the console unable to boot once more.

n3DS consoles may have poor quality 3D following the Lazarus3DS-Emergency script. Use Super-Stable 3D Calibration in System Settings to rectify for now.

Last edited by BL4Z3D247,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Those IHOP chips are actually pretty damn good