Gaming Brothers Conflict: Passion Pink Translation Project

thesebzgal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
title_pp_large.png

Hi! I really only just decided to open the project once it got a little more hype *snip*

What I really need though is a better romhacker than myself :))

ROMhacking Progress; I'll be as thorough as possible so as to assist future ROMhackers :)
  • opened the ISO with UMDGen and extracted the files
  • the necessary files are in PSP_Game > USRDIR, contained in .afs files. Used PuyoTools to extract them. They don't have file extentions, but most are unzippable.
  • data.afs contains the CGs. The .mims that I could extract contained .gim files, and I used PuyoTools again to convert .gim to .png
  • The .mim files that could not be extracted start with MIMI, and have MIG.00.1PSP along the first few lines. Removed everything before this MIG.00.1PSP (either with a hex editor or a normal text editor) so that the code starts with MIG.00.1PSP, and then usedExtension Changer to change .mim to .gim. Used PuyoTools to convert to PNG
  • music.afs contains .at3 (atrac3) files; used AT3 Converter on the PSP to convert them to .wav
  • scripts.afs contains .tbl files with the game's scripts, encoded in UTF-16LE. These need to be converted either to Shift-JIS or UTF-8 to be readable in text editors. My laptop cannot support CrystalTile2, so I used MadEdit to remove garbles before and after the scripts, and then used this tool to convert the encoding.
  • se.afs contains sound effects; not sure what file type they are
  • voice.afs contains the game's voices. Used Extension Changer to add the .adx or .ahx (whichever works) extension, and used the ahx2wav tool to convert

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
.elf = Executable and Linkable Format (that's more like your .exe on windows, that's just code mostly)
.pmf = these are the videos.

All the others are just whatever the programmers of that game made up, they could have put any random name to them.

thesebzgal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Myu, it's an honor :)

Here are the other extensions (or headers, if I can't figure them out)
MESD
PGF
a lot of .mim files containing .gim files, some of them I couldn't extract with 7zip
And in music.afs there are .wav(RIFF) files encoded in atrac3

as of the files contained in se.afs and voice.afs, I can't figure out what they are exactly, but they all share the code below. They all have the "Cri" signature midway through the first line, so I'm guessing these are CriWare files.

80 00 00 20 11 00 00 01 00 00 AC 44 00 04 A6 00
00 00 06 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 28 63
29 43 52 49 FF F5 E0 C0 66 66 91 B6 DE AA AA AA
AA

still no idea where the script could be, though :( it might be in eboot.bin, but in that case, I have to decompress it and then figure out how to dump 408+ .tbl files in it

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you try to view your .tbl files you got from script.afs with Unicode encoding?
I don't have the game with me but as far as I can remember, the main scripts are in there.

thesebzgal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Opened a file with notepad++, used Shift-JIS encoding, and here's what they would look like

tumblr_mrpe3ujkaD1sfgf2po1_500.png

In windhex they're just dots, whichever view I pick with Ctrl+D.
In Madedit I tried Shift-JIS and Unicode from 8-32 bit, BE and LE, and they still produce gibberish

but I'll work at it. Thanks for the heads up!

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried looking all the way down at the bottom of the files? The early part of the files are often headers/codes/etc. For most script files, you usually find text at the very bottom of them.

thesebzgal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yup, the bottom's just gibberish, too... I'm using Madedit with an MS Gothic font.

Update: I finally got the settings right in Madedit. MS Gothic with UTF16LE worked; getting the script out!

Update: I need help on how to do the following
  1. dump the text from the .tbl files, since they're encoded in UTF16LE and cannot be read correctly in notepad++ (Madedit doesn't support dumping)
  2. decoding/decompressing the files that use AXHE ©CRI (voices and sound effects) and atrac3 (music) tools/codec
  3. extract .mim files with the "MIG.00.1PSP" header (there are more .gims inside)

MrShyCity

Member Class Zero - No.00 SHY
Trophies
Website
shypsp.blogspot.com
XP
Country
damn these is gonna be a lot of work/translating good luck on the project, novel players might like these game (me i know not going to play game i don't like novel/dating games).

thesebzgal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
okay guys, I'm completely stumped with some of the script files. Some of them could be converted using this page, but most of them return with nothing, because of a wrong input length (anything greater than 1)

I tried using iconv with the code below
Code:
iconv -f utf-16le -t utf-8 oldfile.txt > newfile.txt

but the output contains less than 4 lines (when one script ideally has 40 on wordwrap) and mere gibberish
I tried a bunch of other utf-16le to utf-8 converters to no avail :(

EDIT: Never mind I just removed the garbles between the script and the conversion worked

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can also extract text with CrystalTile2.
http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/utilities/download-crystaltile2-20100906-f23649.html

If you can get the program to work (it seems to not working properly for newer computers), here's the instructions.
- Open your .tbl file with CrystalTile2.
- Change View to Text Search view. (View menu-->Text Search)
- Change table to Unicode. (TBL menu-->Code Page-->Unicode)
- At Search menu-->Ambassador Search. The result will be some gibberish at the beginning and your text at the bottom.
- Highlight only the part of readable text that you need.
- Edit-->Export Image. Then save it as .txt file. It'll output text address, text length, and text.

Not sure if it's faster than your method but just in case it might. :D Good luck.

Note: %N is new line. %K%P is probably end of dialog where you have to click to proceed to the next one. (Just my guess.)

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atikal, thesebzgal's tumblr has link to ISO download website, that's why it got deleted in the first post. (It's against GBATemp rule to post such websites, or indirectly link to such websites. So it's probably not good that you repost the link here.)

federico1928

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Any news about the translation process? Would love to help but suck at anything related to programming and above all, don't have a clue about Japanese... Anyway would love to know how you're doing on this project, really loved the anime and would love to be able to play the game :lol:
Cheers and thanks in advanced

thesebzgal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Any news about the translation process? Would love to help but suck at anything related to programming and above all, don't have a clue about Japanese... Anyway would love to know how you're doing on this project, really loved the anime and would love to be able to play the game :lol:
Cheers and thanks in advanced

Hi! Translation has already begun! Thank you for the support!

thesebzgal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, help again. This time with the second ROM, Brilliant Blue.
The content was arranged much differently from the first game, and now the script seems to run on Java, so I can't find the text anywhere.

USRDIR contains
  • UMD.cpk which includes .pmf files for the sequences, .hca files for the voices, and .cla (as in class in Java?) files. These are the only things there.
    The .cla file looks like this:

cla.png
  • a folder called data, which include jis2ucs.bin and ucs2jis.bin, which seem like encoding converters or even tables. Though I don't know how to use them.

jis.png

• a folder called adx2 which includes the system sounds in .vag format
I'm checking eboot.bin right now if the script can be found there. The game is pretty recent, so there's a lot about this arrangement that intrigues me...

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you run the game with JPCSP emulator, you'll get a decrypted PGD file in tmp folder. The main dialog scripts are in there.

The PGD file is packed in .cpk format and there are a few programs that can unpack it (CriFileSystem, QuickBMS, Utf_tab, etc. Some old versions of these programs might not work for this file. Just try them until you find the version that works for you.)

The scripts are in script folder with Shift-JIS encoding.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.