Hacking browserhax_fright_tx3g crashes Nintendo Switch

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not how it works.
Do you work at Nintendo? lol
I remember when DS flash carts came out around 2005/2006. That was only a few years into the lifespan of the DS, and totally killed all interest in the system. Pokémon Black and White were cancelled because of DS piracy.
/s

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I remember when DS flash carts came out around 2005/2006. That was only a few years into the lifespan of the DS, and totally killed all interest in the system. Pokémon Black and White were cancelled because of DS piracy.
/s
And remember that time that DRM came out and saved P.C gaming...

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I just cannot get over the fact we already have a "Hacking & Homebrew" section for the Nintendo Switch! Dismal days I think. I'm shocked tbh and sad at the same time, only literally into 5 days after its official release :cry: We haven't even got one for the XboxOne yet and that's been out for nearly 4 years now!

Last edited by Reecey,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh NO!!! this is very sad news :sad: I can see the Nintendo Switch going just the way the WiiU did or the Wii for that matter regarding software, this is really terrible news, if its going to be hacked so early on in development. Don't these people realize there just destroying a really promising console by Nintendo? all this early info coming through off hacking will just kill it off and put 3rd party developers right off from making great games like for example maybe a port off Resident Evil 7 by Capcom etc.. that's if it hasn't already.. If they hack it asap it will go the same way as the Wii did all there will be is 1st party titles and very dodgy crappy 3rd party titles from not very well known developers. Do you all remember titles like this on the Wii> "Deal or No Deal" or maybe even worse, "Major Minor’s Majestic March", yes, that's what sort of great games will be left in the end on your Nintendo Switch!

You really don't remember this thread, do you, figures.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/piracy-common-myths.344858/

Piracy kills game systems.
There is no correlation between systems that fail (or succeed) and piracy. Multiple systems have failed terribly without any piracy in their lifetime (Virtual Boy, N-Gage, CD-i), while other systems that had piracy enabled for the majority of their lifetime ended up being some of the top sellers of their generation (PS1, Wii, GBA, DS, etc.)

This holds true for games as well, for example the PS3 was the last console of the 7th generation to be hacked (and patched the hacks quickly and recent models are unhackable), yet it sold many less games than the Wii, which was the first to be hacked (and does not patch hacks quickly, and still has hackable models being sold).

Oy vey. There is no evidence, there never has been or ever will be a system that fails because of this.

chocoboss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
PSVITA ... I love my vita probably more than every other console.

The main problem with the vita was SONY ...

Here in france there was no communication about the vita, many games doesn't come to us ( Monster Hunter for example that was only released in JPN / CHN ) while VITA was better than anything for gaming they just killed it by don't release game ...

As for example, I'm sure VITA can run skyrim, but nothing was release :(

Expensive memory stick was also something bad, no support ( where is my youtube app ???? )

Reactions: Shadowfied

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
No console died because of piracy, in some ways it helped sales. The Snes had "Super Wild cards", which I still have, the N64 had Doctor 64. The PSX was rife for years with copies after the very first "old crow" mod chip and still sold millions during its life span and just look at the catalogue of titles. Nobody dropped these systems because of piracy.

I could go on and the only ones that failed like the Dreamcast was poor marketing and what not thereafter.

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Start by injecting the browser back into the switch by passing through a 'fake user' file, then come back talking about exploit.
..everytime its the same for every console.. the ''exploits finders fest'' wich is in reality just a crashing site....

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
If the console shows an error code, then it's a nogo. It means the console actually "crashed" and throw an error to inform the user that something went wrong. Aka. No hack for you

KevinX8

Proud user of The Dark Theme
Trophies
XP
Country
@Reecey, no joke this is what your avatar looks like from a distance to me:
reeeeece.png

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
This is absolute rubbish, no console ever has been killed through early piracy. I'll give you some examples of failed consoles, Saturn Jaguar 3DO WiiU Vita, all these consoles failed because of unit sales and consumer adoption and/or high development costs.
Console piracy accounts for a very small margin of the user base even at it's most prevalent. 3DS was hacked wide open by the time Pokemon Sun/moon came out and yet it was still one of the highest and fastest selling pokemon games ever. Early life of WiiU was supported third party, we had Watchdogs, Fifa, Deus Ex, Need for speed, CoD, Mass Effect, Arkham. Hacking had nothing at all to do with third party support dropping out, unit sales had everything to do with it. The WiiU wasn't selling, right off the bat, it wasn't being adopted by consumers and so it was dropped by third party development because of it's lack of sales. That is the only reason and Failoverflow has nothing, at all, to do with it.
Most of the game you mentionned were already available on other console anyway, that's more likely one of the reason why it failed. See, why would I buy a game that I already finished on another console ?

Pip'

KevinX8

Proud user of The Dark Theme
Trophies
XP
Country
Most of the game you mentionned were already available on other console anyway, that's more likely one of the reason why it failed. See, why would I buy a game that I already finished on another console ?

Pip'
Uh same reason people bought a switch I guess cause it's shiny lol.

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Pip'
Isn't that what 'Third Party' title's normally are? Regardless though our points still come to the same conclusion that 'Piracy' and 'Hacks' had nothing at all to do with the failure of the Wii U. Or any console ever for that matter.

I've got to say though when you look at release line-ups, excluding Zelda, the switch is worse than the Wii U was. I'm surprised it's selling as well as it is tbh.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Isn't that what 'Third Party' title's normally are? Regardless though our points still come to the same conclusion that 'Piracy' and 'Hacks' had nothing at all to do with the failure of the Wii U. Or any console ever for that matter.

I've got to say though when you look at release line-ups, excluding Zelda, the switch is worse than the Wii U was. I'm surprised it's selling as well as it is tbh.
I think the biggest reason why it's selling is because it's a portable combo console. Nintendo always do good with handhelds. I bought it because I can lay in my sofa with headphones on playing on the Switch and Zelda was one of the reasons for me to get it.

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This is absolute rubbish, no console ever has been killed through early piracy.
Exactly. Do you know why the PS2 sold so well? Because a lot of people played pirated games on the PS1 and wanted to play the sequels which came out on PS2. And most of those people genuinely bought said sequels because the PS2 wasn't hacked yet. And I don't recall the PS1 failing because of piracy either.

Reactions: Cyan

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think the biggest reason why it's selling is because it's a portable combo console. Nintendo always do good with handhelds. I bought it because I can lay in my sofa with headphones on playing on the Switch and Zelda was one of the reasons for me to get it.
Yeah I guess portability is king in this equation, it's strange though I'm sure I remember the 3ds having a rough initial launch year. I'm probably wrong maybe it didn't.

Whatever the reason though it's great to have a decent launch, I'm sure there are plenty of third party developers on the fence waiting to see sales before committing to releasing games for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: