Can Anyone help me identify the age of these NES games?

ATofix

Sloth. That's it.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought these old nes games. One was more expensive then the other. Can anyone help me figure out what one is older and more rare? The only difference i see of the bat is the Nintendo seal of quality is different on them. Thanks! (I can also take pictures of the back if it helps.)

First cartridge:
xej68i.jpg

Second cartridge:
qmz2mg.jpg

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It is not necessarily older versions that are more expensive. Different revisions ( http://zeldaspeedruns.com/oot/generalknowledge/version-differences for the most notable one for this) may have different features/bugs/whatever and that plays into what people want. This is also before we consider the crazy collectors that care about label quality and such like.

Equally it could also be it was priced at the time it came in and then another price was cooked up when another came in but the first was not revised "because someone will pay for it".

That said seal differences are covered
http://gaming.wikia.com/wiki/Nintendo_Seal_of_Quality
Both have USA serials and logo styles so it is likely not a different region.
It would seem then the $5 is the older of them as it uses the older logo, indeed the later one was from a several years later revision of said logo if the above link is accurate and that is the first revision of the seal text (I can't quite read it but the lengths and character shapes match what I expect).

ATofix

Sloth. That's it.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is not necessarily older versions that are more expensive. Different revisions ( http://zeldaspeedruns.com/oot/generalknowledge/version-differences for the most notable one for this) may have different features/bugs/whatever and that plays into what people want. This is also before we consider the crazy collectors that care about label quality and such like.

Equally it could also be it was priced at the time it came in and then another price was cooked up when another came in but the first was not revised "because someone will pay for it".

That said seal differences are covered
http://gaming.wikia.com/wiki/Nintendo_Seal_of_Quality
Both have USA serials and logo styles so it is likely not a different region.
It would seem then the $5 is the older of them as it uses the older logo, indeed the later one was from a several years later revision of said logo if the above link is accurate and that is the first revision of the seal text (I can't quite read it but the lengths and character shapes match what I expect).
I can get you a better picture if you would like. I found another difference. The backs have the Nintendo logo in different places.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ATofix

Sloth. That's it.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Black round seal=older edition.
Older edition!=older revision.
5 screws, no tabs=made before mid-1987.
Both of them have 3 screws. I did some more research and found the 3 screw versions are actually more rare. Who knew? Whoever the cartridge with the newer seal of quality mark has the year 1885 on the caution sticker. SO now i'm really stumped.

XxShalevElimelechxX

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Both of them have 3 screws. I did some more research and found the 3 screw versions are actually more rare. Who knew? Whoever the cartridge with the newer seal of quality mark has the year 1885 on the caution sticker. SO now i'm really stumped.
Well, the rarity depends on how many copies have been released in the later era of the device, and about the warning sticker in the back, it doesn't really matter since the back can be swapped (the front too but there are higher chances for the back to be replaced because you can take a back from any shitty game).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.