Hacking Can I use both 'Formatted WII USB External HDD' and 'Ustealth USB External HDD' at the same time?

showdownx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never actually tried it but I've known the issue to be only with portable drives so i'm sure it works. Someone else here posted that it's their setup. yea kafluke says he's using two powered hdd's

What method or methods you used so far to use both HDD's at the same time?

This is why both of my HDs have external power. No y cables

Hey Kafluke, how are the two Power USB drives working out for you. Are you able to run both drives at the same time without disconnecting?

Last edited by showdownx,

showdownx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can still use your Y-cables with a USB wall adapter. This is how i set up my WiiU.

Hey MockLock, I know you mention you use your Y-cables with a USB HDD's wall adapter. How is that working about for when using both hard drives at the same time?

MockyLock

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well... that's working great.
WiiU HDD i the bottom USB port (iirc), DATA plug of the Y-cable inside WiiU
vWii HDD in the up USB port, DATA plug of the Y-cable inside the WiiU. vWii hidden using uStealth
Then power sup plug of both Y-cable in a wall USB power adapter.

showdownx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well... that's working great.
WiiU HDD i the bottom USB port (iirc), DATA plug of the Y-cable inside WiiU
vWii HDD in the up USB port, DATA plug of the Y-cable inside the WiiU. vWii hidden using uStealth
Then power sup plug of both Y-cable in a wall USB power adapter.

Plug one end of the usb y cable to a wall adapter for external power

I just try this method and that way did work for me either. I don't know why. I don't know if it's my hard drive or what. What could I be doing wrong?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wouldn't it be easier to use injection tools and install Wii/Gamecube games as wups?

What do you mean? Please explain. I appreciate the help.

vladik4kides

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just try this method and that way did work for me either. I don't know why. I don't know if it's my hard drive or what. What could I be doing wrong?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What do you mean? Please explain. I appreciate the help.

Check out this thread . You can inject Wii and Gamecube titles and install them using wup installer so that they can be stored on your Wii U formatted HDD without need of using two HDDs.

Reactions: showdownx

vladik4kides

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Woooooow ! That will definitely come in handy. Did you try it out yet?
Yes. It is very simple to use, you just need to specify the wbfs (it's recommended to be clean dump, not scrubbed) and menu icons and you're good to go. But to install/play the titles you need to have sigpatches on.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the 300 limit is why I only did the 2 games I play the most. currently, I don't have a vwii hdd since my old one decided to die. I have two complete backups of my vwii drive though. the replacement drive, since the original wd drive was still under warranty.will be used as a backup of my ps3's internal hdd (games mostly). affter an hdd on the 360, ps3, ow the wii u, I always keep backups of everything. you never know what might happen. since I have two backups of the vwii, a replacement drive can wait ;)

Patxinco

Riding a Shooting Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have my HDD setup like Y cable vWii rear top usb + Y cable WiiU front usb, but today arrives a hub usb i bought and i'm gonna plug the the extra y cables on the hub and connect it to an extra usb charger i have.

Edit: It didn't work, hub returned, i'll go with the setting i have right now.
"If it works don't mess with it!"

Last edited by Patxinco,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that might work if it's powered. I'm using an unpowered hdd via y-cable with my wii u drive, and I'm using a powered hdd with my vwii. I think that's using a single cable. if the hub is powered, it might work.

showdownx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that might work if it's powered. I'm using an unpowered hdd via y-cable with my wii u drive, and I'm using a powered hdd with my vwii. I think that's using a single cable. if the hub is powered, it might work.

godreborn, I'm gonna try to see if I can get my working like yours. so you're using a powered hdd for the vwii, are you plugging that in the top-rear usb port? And far as the wii u drive, where are you plugging the y-cable's data and the y-cable's power?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the wbfs (it's recommended to be clean dump, not scrubbed)
Scrubbing has nothing to do with WBFS.

Scrubbing is used to replace garbage sectors in ISO without modifying the ISO size (4.7GB)
WBFS is deleting the garbage sectors completely resulting in a shrinked image file to the strict game's size (ex. 400MB for New mario Wii)
a WBFS can't (technically) be scrubbed, as there's nothing to scrub from it.

I think WiiVC injector works fine with both full ISO (scrubbed ISO should work too), and WBFS files.
if scrubbed iso don't work, there's a way to unscrub them (the algorithm was released few weeks ago)

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: comput3rus3r

showdownx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you everybody for you ideas and suggestions. I finally got both drives to work. The vWii hard drive is now a powered 2TB hard drive and Wii U hard drive is an non-powered 1 TB portable hard drive plugged in using a y-cable with with the other end of the usb cable plug into the wall. My only concern is the Wii U hard drive being plug into the wall like that, that hard drive is always on and running according to the active blue led light on the drive. Will that burn out the drive?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you everybody for you ideas and suggestions. I finally got both drives to work. The vWii hard drive is now a powered 2TB hard drive and Wii U hard drive is an non-powered 1 TB portable hard drive plugged in using a y-cable with with the other end of the usb cable plug into the wall. My only concern is the Wii U hard drive being plug into the wall like that, that hard drive is always on and running according to the active blue led light on the drive. Will that burn out the drive?

if anything, it will probably protect the drive. based on my own experience, nonuse kills drives faster than overuse. I have an external hdd that does that with my 360, and it's never burned out. this is the reason why I have backups of each of my system drives plugged into my computer. I like to keep my eye on them in case one starts showing its age.

Reactions: showdownx

showdownx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if anything, it will probably protect the drive. based on my own experience, nonuse kills drives faster than overuse. I have an external hdd that does that with my 360, and it's never burned out. this is the reason why I have backups of each of my system drives plugged into my computer. I like to keep my eye on them in case one starts showing its age.

Ok, thanks man! I appreciate all your help!

Reactions: godreborn

showdownx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the 300 limit is why I only did the 2 games I play the most. currently, I don't have a vwii hdd since my old one decided to die. I have two complete backups of my vwii drive though. the replacement drive, since the original wd drive was still under warranty.will be used as a backup of my ps3's internal hdd (games mostly). affter an hdd on the 360, ps3, ow the wii u, I always keep backups of everything. you never know what might happen. since I have two backups of the vwii, a replacement drive can wait ;)

Hey godreborn, I have one more question for you. So that 'injector script tool method' only allows 300 wii u games?

Randy95354

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can afford 2 solid state drives might work without needing external power if you dont like having the extra wire they require less voltage dont know if anyone has tested yet just another option possibly

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning