Hacking Can I use both 'Formatted WII USB External HDD' and 'Ustealth USB External HDD' at the same time?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, I think the number is actually 292 to be exact or that may be the 3ds. both only allow 300. with the 3ds, games can be installer further, but the icons of older games will be replaced with each newer installs. I've never installed more than 300 games on the wii u, so I'm not sure what happens. I know a message pops up saying that you've exceeded the limit, but beyond that I'm not sure. I think the 292 limit is there for the default apps making it an even 300. I don't even have 293 games on my wii u to verify this. however, injects count as a game on the home menu, so it's still restricted in that way.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@showdownx , fyi. I forgot to quote your post or mention you. lol it won't work by editing the post, but this should.

showdownx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, I think the number is actually 292 to be exact or that may be the 3ds. both only allow 300. with the 3ds, games can be installer further, but the icons of older games will be replaced with each newer installs. I've never installed more than 300 games on the wii u, so I'm not sure what happens. I know a message pops up saying that you've exceeded the limit, but beyond that I'm not sure. I think the 292 limit is there for the default apps making it an even 300. I don't even have 293 games on my wii u to verify this. however, injects count as a game on the home menu, so it's still restricted in that way.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So even doing the two hard drive method? We're restricted to 300 games using that method too?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only way to use two hdds is for transferring content. you can't use them concurrently. you can, however, use a wii hdd and a wii u one at the same time. use ustealth on the wii one or the system will nag you about it needing to be formatted. it won't allow you on to the home menu either. the system will keep nagging and restarting 'til you accept if you don't have ustealth enabled, power off one of the hdds, or use a toggle switch.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe with loadiine you can. I have a lot of games for loadiine. I deleted the ones I installed to my usb drive. I think I have over 300 this way. the wii u doesn't have enough good games to warrant a larger limit really.

showdownx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe with loadiine you can. I have a lot of games for loadiine. I deleted the ones I installed to my usb drive. I think I have over 300 this way. the wii u doesn't have enough good games to warrant a larger limit really.

Why the Wii U only allow 300 games?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
possibly due to loading the home menu. though, it appears that the system is given the location of games, but meta information like icons and names is not recorded - they can be changed freely even after installation. it works the same way as the ps3 which is to facilitate loading. instead of reading the entire hdd, it reads only what's needed. I suppose in that case it could allow for more games. I'm not really sure why the restriction is in place. afaik, there's no restriction like this on the ps3, though there's a restriction on themes similar to the 3ds' 100.

showdownx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
possibly due to loading the home menu. though, it appears that the system is given the location of games, but meta information like icons and names is not recorded - they can be changed freely even after installation. it works the same way as the ps3 which is to facilitate loading. instead of reading the entire hdd, it reads only what's needed. I suppose in that case it could allow for more games. I'm not really sure why the restriction is in place. afaik, there's no restriction like this on the ps3, though there's a restriction on themes similar to the 3ds' 100.

Is there a way to play Nintendo 3DS games on the Wii U?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to play Nintendo 3DS games on the Wii U?

no, ds games only. ds games are kinda a pita to play too. it's mostly the double screens. aside from games like Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush, I really don't like using the gamepad. there's a way to change controllers with games, but I'm not sure how you'd be able to play a ds game this way.

showdownx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, ds games only. ds games are kinda a pita to play too. it's mostly the double screens. aside from games like Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush, I really don't like using the gamepad. there's a way to change controllers with games, but I'm not sure how you'd be able to play a ds game this way.

Oh ok, I wanted to play that Metroid: Samus Returns and I don't have a 3DS. I haven't played a good Metroid game in a while. lol

showdownx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hey godreborn is Loadiine able to run games from USB yet?

El 15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey everyone,

I having an issues using two USB HDD's on the Wii U at the same time. I have a dedicated USB HDD for the Wii U games on the Wii U side, but when I go to the vWii side of things where all my Wii and GameCube games are located, it's starting to have issues, the game won't load. I am using Ustealth and it giving me the same problem. My only way around this is to have one USB HDD connected at a time then my Wii and GameCube games works fine. However I want to keep them both connected without having to disconnect and connect all the time. Is there a way I can do that?
I did a tutorial 1 year ago but it is in spanish, you can conect 2 HDD at same time using only the back USB ports I hope it helps to you.

showdownx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did a tutorial 1 year ago but it is in spanish, you can conect 2 HDD at same time using only the back USB ports I hope it helps to you.
The issue was solve. I appreciate you sending that to me. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/