Can we do a secret santa?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While we did do this years ago, last time it happened 2 people ended getting screwed and didnt recieve anything, and that bascially put a halt to any future ones.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Should probably up the limit. $10 is cool and all but gets very little especially with shipping. Can we do $50 including shipping?

I dun have 50 quid to spend on a gift + shipping.

gift should be small enough to fit in a bubble envelope really.
Keeps shipping costs down as well.

Reactions: Kioku

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Should probably up the limit. $10 is cool and all but gets very little especially with shipping. Can we do $50 including shipping?
Dam son. I agree $10 with shipping doesn't leave you much to work with (hell, that last Secret Santa I was in, shipping alone was over $10 for me), and I would suggest $10 plus shipping as the limit, but $50 is a bit much.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Dam son. I agree $10 with shipping doesn't leave you much to work with (hell, that last Secret Santa I was in, shipping alone was over $10 for me), and I would suggest $10 plus shipping as the limit, but $50 is a bit much.
Its a limit, not a minimum. Mostly if you get an international gift.
$30 max?

CallmeBerto

The Lone Wanderer
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
Me rolling up to give you SOBs gifts

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 105

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I dun have 50 quid to spend on a gift + shipping.

gift should be small enough to fit in a bubble envelope really.
Keeps shipping costs down as well.

True true. Needs to be higher than 10 though.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yeah $10 + shipping is a fine limit.

I'd be down for it. Actually, I really like the SECRET Santa part, where you don't know who you're buying to / receiving from, until you actually get it.
I don't know how to make that possible though, apart from giving each one some ID number, and having a man in the middle taking care of the addresses and names... That way you'd only know the IRL name and address of the person you're buying to, but not which user it actually is.

Also, is it supposed to be in pairs? Like A send to B and B send to A, or could it be like: A sends to B, B sends to C, C sends to D, and D sends to A?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
True true. Needs to be higher than 10 though.

Gift should have a max value of 10 quid.
Shipping, well, if you got something small, a bubble envelope with tracked shipping could be a tenner.

Also, shipping from the US to EU and vice versa would up the shipping.
I think that people who got more money to spend should note that they can ship outside of their territory.

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah it would be $10 for the gift. Shipping is separate is what I was thinking.

As for people being screwed over apart from publicly shaming there isn't much more anyone can do. As this isn't a site owner thing nobody will be banned I imagine. But that's part of the risk I'm afraid

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yeah $10 + shipping is a fine limit.

I'd be down for it. Actually, I really like the SECRET Santa part, where you don't know who you're buying to / receiving from, until you actually get it.
I don't know how to make that possible though, apart from giving each one some ID number, and having a man in the middle taking care of the addresses and names... That way you'd only know the IRL name and address of the person you're buying to, but not which user it actually is.

Also, is it supposed to be in pairs? Like A send to B and B send to A, or could it be like: A sends to B, B sends to C, C sends to D, and D sends to A?

Each and everyone gets a Temp name (of whom participated) which they should purchase a small gift for.
They then send it to said person.
Tempers themselves don't know from who they get a gift, unless some anus decides to spill the secret.

Yeah it would be $10 for the gift. Shipping is separate is what I was thinking.

As for people being screwed over apart from publicly shaming there isn't much more anyone can do. As this isn't a site owner thing nobody will be banned I imagine. But that's part of the risk I'm afraid

Blacklisted traders.
That used to be a Member category.
Could contact shaun for it.

Reactions: Issac

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Its a limit, not a minimum. Mostly if you get an international gift.
$30 max?

If I didn't have money problems, I'd also say 50 is max including insured shipping.
10 quid isn't much but it's perfect for a small gift.

Reactions: Kioku

Beerus

Gbatemp's God Of Destruction
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Count me in!! i have a question though would the money be 10 usa limit or 10$ of each persons respective country? since a 10$gift in canada is like 18$

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: