Can we do a secret santa?

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Count me in!! i have a question though would the money be 10 usa limit or 10$ of each persons respective country? since a 10$gift in canada is like 18$
I said dollars as the most prominent thing. £ is pretty much the same figure as well, you don't have to do $10 I just said that was the maximum.

This isn't an official post, that will come later with rules etc. This post was just to gauge interest

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
10 USD, 10 GBP, 10 CAD.
Something worth roughly 10 quid.

Different countries have different values of money.
I know that the PLN equals to about 4 USD so 40 PLN would be 10 USD.

Besides, it doesn't have to be exactly 10 quid.
If you find something amazing for 2 or 3 quid that would also do perfectly fine.
It's not the value of the gift that counts but it's the thought and act of giving the gift itself that count.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
10 USD, 10 GBP, 10 CAD.
Something worth roughly 10 quid.

Different countries have different values of money.
I know that the PLN equals to about 4 USD so 40 PLN would be 10 USD.

Besides, it doesn't have to be exactly 10 quid.
If you find something amazing for 2 or 3 quid that would also do perfectly fine.
It's not the value of the gift that counts but it's the thought and act of giving the gift itself that count.

10 HUF?

:^)

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
In my honest opinion people who make gifts to unknown people for nothing return are truly idiot and definitely need cures...

Just like other temper suggested, I'll spend some time to dress myself up
Um, you get a gift in return. It's about exchanging gifts.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
Then explain to me instead being so triggered, what will I get in RETURN if I make a this "donation"???
ex·change
iksˈCHānj/
noun
  1. 1.
    an act of giving one thing and receiving another (especially of the same type or value) in return.
In this context, you would receive a gift in return.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Keep it on topic.

The best way to go about this, while also being inclusive, would be to just have people matched by country/location in their profile, so that there's no crazy import fees. It also allows people in smaller countries to participate, if there's enough to pair off, since there's going to have to be a member that oversees the matching in the first place.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I enjoyed hosting the last one but like Joe said we had the issue of a few people not sending any gifts. I'd recommend the below;

• $20 gift limit.
  • Google Form signup link asking the participants their hobbies, shirt size, allergies, favorite candy, etc.
  • Question in the Google form if they're willing to ship/receive internationally.
  • Post the thread in the trading forum. (Optional. It would lessen the amount of people who aren't going to send gifts. If anything there should be requirements to sign up. 100+ posts, well known, etc.)
I'm currently hosting a Secret Santa for my department at Amazon. So I have a Google Forms signup page already created if you wanted to get the template. The other "issue" I had was that due to liability I was unable to get the official GBAtemp backing. So what you'd be doing is unofficial and wouldn't be posted to the front page or anything.

Last edited by Devin,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i like the idea (and will sign up regardless) but if it is limited to videogame related items i would be sad . . . my hometown is famous for its food(s) (shit . . . around the country they call chicken wings "Buffalo" wings . . . we make the best wing sauce in the country here . . . period) sponge candy is also awesome (and was invented in western new york. . . [like 2 towns over from me]). . . so it would seem like a silly move to go to gamestop and get a zelda wallet (or some other cheep trinket they can already get locally) when i can instead send something like buffalo sauce literally made in buffalo

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
i like the idea (and will sign up regardless) but if it is limited to videogame related items i would be sad . . . my hometown is famous for its food(s) (shit . . . around the country they call chicken wings "Buffalo" wings . . . we make the best wing sauce in the country here . . . period) sponge candy is also awesome (and was invented in western new york. . . [like 2 towns over from me]). . . so it would seem like a silly move to go to gamestop and get a zelda wallet (or some other cheep trinket they can already get locally) when i can instead send something like buffalo sauce literally made in buffalo

Something game related would be appreciated but isn't really mandatory.

I don't like sweets personally tho but biscuits I would like.
I'm sure that if you contact the person you get and ask him/her if you could get some sweets or w/e for said person that you'd come a long way.

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Won't be limited to gaming

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    @SylverReZ Never heard of tiger crust. What is it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Its known as tiger bread, also known as dutch crust.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's fuggin gooooood
    +1
    I mean. Whats different about it?
    Never even seen a tiger crust pizza in any stores around here. Walmart, Cub, or otherwise.
    Must be a regional thing.
    Gonna smoke this bowl then go get kitties ashes. <3
    Last thing I told her is how much I love her, and that Im not leaving her there forever and I promise to come back and take her back home with me.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    halllo
  • Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit:
    hello, anyone is able to create cheat patches for cemu? i have a simple request if anyone can help
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Rest in piece. Hope she rests well, and that she loves you too. :sad:
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @RedColoredStars, Rest in piece. Hope she rests well, and that she loves you too. :sad: