Hardware Can't Install Playstation Store: 80010006

Reaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just installed CFW, and in the process I had to format my PS3. The exploit would not hold until I did it.

Now I'm trying to get my games back from the Playstation Store, but the device tells me I need to download software to use the service. Cool, that's to be expected out of the format.

But everytime it gets to 36% while installing, I get that error and a Corrupt Data item is created under the Game tab.

CallmeBerto

The Lone Wanderer
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
Enter safe mode and restore the file system

How do I access Safe Mode?
  • Check that the power indicator on the PlayStation 3 system is solid red.
  • Press and hold the PlayStation 3 system’s power button for ten seconds. The PlayStation 3 system will shut down.
  • Release the power button.
  • Press and hold the power button for seven seconds. Two short beeps will be emitted and a message will be displayed on-screen.
  • Press the PS button on the wireless controller to start the PlayStation 3 system in Safe Mode.

Reaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Enter safe mode and restore the file system

How do I access Safe Mode?
  • Check that the power indicator on the PlayStation 3 system is solid red.
  • Press and hold the PlayStation 3 system’s power button for ten seconds. The PlayStation 3 system will shut down.
  • Release the power button.
  • Press and hold the power button for seven seconds. Two short beeps will be emitted and a message will be displayed on-screen.
  • Press the PS button on the wireless controller to start the PlayStation 3 system in Safe Mode.
I was afraid of that. All I have is a 3rd party wireless (with usb receiver) and 2 DS4s, none of which can get past pressing the PS Button in Safe Mode. I'll keep this option open if I find someone I can borrow a DS3/Six-Axis from.

Reaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if it would be possible to find a .pkg file of the Playstation Store and install manually. Though I doubt it, just a wild idea.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok so I found a previous version as a .pkg and got that installed, but when attempting to update it the system gave me the same error at the same time. It seems to be coming from installing that title from Sony themselves. If I could find a .pkg of the current PS3 store I think I could get around this.

Would it be against ToS to ask for that here, since it's software that the manufacturer normally provides for free on the system?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 10180p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality