Emulation Cemu much slower than it used to be

JoPic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't played on the cemu much, but before I got my graphics card, botw ran on, and smash ran somewhat bad and slow. After getting my 1050ti, both an better but smash still ran bad but could see the mouse when trying to select a character.

I tried playing it a week ago and BOTW was slower than I remember, I updated the nvidia geforce software when i noticed it played slower, but not for certain that is the cause and I think

I deleted all of the cemu and wii u helper stuff to start fresh, I don't know if it's me or the computer, but even a fresh download of cemu opens slow takes it about 8 seconds to open, is this normal?

My specs btw:
i7 6700K
Nvidia Geforce 1050 Ti
16gb ram
Gigabyte Gaming 5 motherboard
Samsung m.2 nve 250gb 960 evo (135 gb free space).

At this point I can't tell if this could be a computer problem or a cemu problem. I used BSOD's guide.

Also cemuhook stopped on 4 at 98% and didn't continue... and I waited about 5 or more minutes of it being stuck there to close it. Could this be causing me problems in the game? I have only tried Smash Bros. 4 USA so far, still waiting on Zelda.

I used BSOD 1.11.3 setup for BOTW but I am using 1.11.2. I added YamGaming ShaderChache for Smash Bros, and I am not getting good results.

I am on Windows 10 pro and I did a clean install, other programs load fast (firefox namely), it's been about 2-4 months, I haven't used CCleaner, a defragmenter, or anything on my computer, I have an antivirus program...

I just can't really figure this out.

If you need more details please ask, and please help me best you can, thank you.

Last edited by JoPic,

solace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
That's strange especially with specs like yours, hm. Maybe it has something to do with allocated memory towards Cemu.

chaosblade02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might want to check which background programs are running. Some programs in the background might be competing for the same cores/threads that CEMU is also using, which will drop your frame rate.

What I recommend doing is running MSI afterburner + Riva Tuner, and enable monitoring on all CPU threads as well as GPU usage, and it'll tell you what which part is choking. And then you can take your troubleshooting to the next step after you figure out what's going on.

There is also a program called 'latencymon'. I suggest running that program, and doing some light tasks, such as surfing the internet, just to see if there are any culprits that are pushing you into the red. If you don't know what to make of the results, you can take SCs of them and share them with others on the internet who might be able to tell you exactly what's causing your issues. I've had issues before on latencymon that were as a result of me having too many devices plugged into USB ports. Something like this could absolutely kill performance on your PC. I've seen it 1st hand, and 2nd hand. My dad had USB drives stuffed into every port on his PC, 24/7, and he wondered why his PC was running so slow.

If you did a fresh install of Windows 10, then you probably got a bunch of useless bloatware and apps that you don't need. Some of them use background resources that can hurt you in gaming. Most gamers disable nearly all that stuff, unless they have a specific need for it. Including disabling the Windows Indexing, and shutting off Cortana. Go through all the bloatware apps, and uninstall them all, and/or disable.

Also, page file. Have you manually set your page file, or are you letting Windows 10 just do whatever it wants on default? I manually edit my page file to be 2x the amount of my ram. 1x the amount of my ram minimum, and x2 for max. I built a new PC recently, and forgot all about setting the page file, and noticed micro-stuttering in a few games, and after manually setting my page file, all those issues went away. No more micro-stuttering.

You should be getting at least as good, most likely better performance in Cemu than I do. I'm running a Ryzen 5 1600x @ 3.9ghz, and while I do have a 1080ti, which is way better than your 1050ti, Cemu doesn't really use my 1080ti, unless I run 8k resolution. Cemu runs flawless for me, excluding hitches that are acquiring texture cache. If you're getting random frame rate spikes, that could just be Cemu acquiring the texture cache, in which case, that's not a big deal. That happens to post people, and possibly everyone

Last edited by chaosblade02,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :angry: ¡¡¡¡¡ ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooN