Emulation CEMU on Ubuntu Wine on PS4...

Nightwish

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
This guy gets it.
Others just speak out of their ass without even testing.
I hate y'all.
Well, I didn't talk about emulating the Wii U on the PS4 especifically... that I find a bit hard, at least until both systems are much better understood.

Don Jon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's where I decided that this thread can be nothing but a troll thread.
Are you serious?
Almost all CEMU YouTube videos where you see at least average speed are using a GTX 970.
The PS 4 is many years old and far away from that.
You should try running Dolphin first which might be hard enough before you dream on here.
Cant believe u track a statement that i already cleared later to be me not being serious.
And i agree
Dolphin linux should be tested too.

4 pages of speculations already and counting lol.

Last edited by Don Jon,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Cant believe u track a statement that i already cleared later to be me not being serious.
And i agree
Dolphin linux should be tested too.

4 pages of speculations already and counting lol.
Don't expect me going through so many posts when the answer is clear for the first one already.
However if you pretend you weren't serious it's all good.

Don Jon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's where I decided that this thread can be nothing but a troll thread.
Are you serious?
Almost all CEMU YouTube videos where you see at least average speed are using a GTX 970.
The PS 4 is many years old and far away from that.
You should try running Dolphin first which might be hard enough before you dream on here.
By your logic the wii u has more power than a gtx 970?

lembi2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Specs matter shit. Sometimes it comes down to coding.(emulating)
WOW, just WOW. I mean this has to be the most ridiculous comment I have ever read on this forum.

Specs mean shit?
CEMU is emulating PPC Code and the Graphics system used by the WiiU. This is all done through the use of code yes however you seem to have very little understanding of how this works.

On the WiiU, the system is designed to interpret this code on the fly and process it very quickly.
CEMU is designed to interpret this code and translate it into code that the PC can understand. This takes longer in an emulator and is therefore slower. You cannot, I repeat CANNOT compare native code to that which is running in an emulator.

MODS - please close this thread.

Last edited by lembi2001,
Reactions: Floppy Fork

Don Jon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOW, just WOW. I mean this has to be the most ridiculous comment I have ever read on this forum.

Specs mean shit?
CEMU is emulating PPC Code and the Graphics system used by the WiiU. This is all done through the use of code yes however you seem to have very little understanding of how this works.

On the WiiU, the system is designed to interpret this code on the fly and process it very quickly.
CEMU is designed to interpret this code and translate it into code that the PC can understand. This takes longer in an emulator and is therefore slower. You cannot, I repeat CANNOT compare native code to that which is running in an emulator.

MODS - please close this thread.
Proof
Intel didnt work and had little hope.
Now it supported through coding.
Know ur shit before u post son

lembi2001

Trophies
XP
Country
I know you are shit that's for sure. You are missing the point ENTIRELY.

The addition of Intel to the code base means that the author of CEMU added Intel specific instructions to his codebase. He isn't EMULATING these instructions.

Definition of Emulating:

Computers.
to imitate (a particular computer system) by using a software system, often including a microprogram or another computer that enables it to do the same work, run the same programs, etc., as the first.

Please stop continuing with this absolutely pointless thread.

Don Jon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I admit
I was trolling yall
But i would still like to see how the ps4 would respond
So if anyone can do it. Can we see it?
Like i said i dont care how slow it will be. Just want to see if it even boots. If i had a ps4 i would grant yall that request

Last edited by Don Jon,

Don Jon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
;)

Anyways let me make some things clear.
1. I am not giving the ps4 more credit than what it is. It is what it is.
2. Captain obvious will state that cemu will not run off the bat, it may not even run at all.
So why bring it up? Ive been trolling the smartasses who bring that up because no shit shirlock. ll not respond to them anymore btw.
3. If someone has a ps4 on 1.76, pm me i have all the links needed for latest wine etc.

Thats it. Thanks for stopping by and bye.

Last edited by Don Jon,

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I admit
I was trolling yall
But i would still like to see how the ps4 would respond
So if anyone can do it. Can we see it?
Like i said i dont care how slow it will be. Just want to see if it even boots. If i had a ps4 i would grant yall that request
But why did you have to post it as a troll post? If you would have posted it seriously, this thread could have been so much better. It would be kind of cool to see how it would run on the PS4, but you unfortunately created a mess of this thread. I actually think it would run better than most people think. Even though the specs may be lower than a PC, the hardware is geared at doing one thing, and that is playing games.

Reactions: Don Jon

Don Jon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But why did you have to post it as a troll post? If you would have posted it seriously, this thread could have been so much better. It would be kind of cool to see how it would run on the PS4, but you unfortunately created a mess of this thread. I actually think it would run better than most people think. Even though the specs may be lower than a PC, the hardware is geared at doing one thing, and that is playing games.
Im sorry
Read my post above
I said a lot of mean things to some guys and feel bad too so ill just refrain from posting here til something comes up.

Last edited by Don Jon,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup