Emulation CEMU on Ubuntu Wine on PS4...

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually want someone to try this just to see how many fps they get, if it loads at all. Isn't there a native ubuntu port of dolphin too? That one's actually more realistic. Imagine playing Wii games with the P.S. Move lol.

Last edited by Subtle Demise,
Reactions: josamilu

fihn14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the ps4 hardware and software CANNOT handle cemu or any other emulation besides playstation (because sony already did that)

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
an emulator that emulate an emulator that emulate an emulator that emulate an emulator.
knowing that it requires 10 time the power just to emulate something, youll need 1000 time the power of the wii u to emulate it on ps4, on ubuntu, on wine, from wii u. err whatever...

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS4 could probably run decaf-emu, provided that the GPU drivers with Mesa and all that were up to date. Would also possibly need the fix with https://gbatemp.net/threads/decaf-wiiu-emulator.407198/page-9#post-6709214. It seems the GPU architecture supports OpenGL 4.5 which is all that is needed. CEMU with Wine might work as well since it cites a requirement of OpenGL 4.0 and Wine pipes directly to native OpenGL, there probably wouldn't be that much of a performance drop either because Wine doesn't emulate anything and it's just executing x86 code.

Running it well is unlikely though, my AMD FX-8350 + GTX 970 can't run games in Decaf on Linux full speed, and the AMD CPU would likely be a really bad limitation here.

Last edited by shinyquagsire23,

jamieyello

Professional Dumbass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Running Cemu running Wii U Linux running Wine running Cemu on Linux on the Wii U running Super Mario 3d world at 1 frame per month, there are a million reasons.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why?
Ps4 is as powerful as a pc or more.
HP_Hewlett_Packard_GG050AA_ABA_Compaq_Presario_SR5102HM_Desktop_501854.jpg

you must be talking about this one then.

Don Jon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you even know what Wine is?
Also, op, this would run horribly on Wine.

Because Wine would make it run significantly slower.
Cemu doesn't even run at amazing speeds on high end desktops right now, either. Mario maker may be 60fps, but Mario kart is still ~20fps.

bad troll or really silly OP. go check out how wine affects performance then check the performance of cemu. hell, try and boot a modern PC game in wine and see how far you get

Sorry for the necro bump but cemu runs decently on wine now

There's not even an Ubuntu port of CEMU at the moment... :rolleyes:

EDIT: NVM, saw you put Wine. That'll make performance even worse!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

LOL at this thread. Ps4 couldn't handle it, stop thinking its more than what it is.
Its a small soc with 8 gimped low end power oriented cpu cores that take laps from an i3, and has the graphical horsepower of a ~120€ gpu, soon, -70€ gpu with the introduction of 14-16nm process.

I actually want someone to try this just to see how many fps they get, if it loads at all. Isn't there a native ubuntu port of dolphin too? That one's actually more realistic. Imagine playing Wii games with the P.S. Move lol.

the ps4 hardware and software CANNOT handle cemu or any other emulation besides playstation (because sony already did that)

https://twitter.com/marcan42/status/817235485689020417

https://twitter.com/marcan42/status/814497640599658496

Last edited by Don Jon,
Reactions: Subtle Demise
D

Deleted User

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

https://twitter.com/marcan42/status/817235485689020417

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">And yes, Dolphin works on PS4 Linux too. <a href="https://t.co/CLDlblEsEW">pic.twitter.com/CLDlblEsEW</a></p>&mdash; Hector Martin (@marcan42) <a href="https://twitter.com/marcan42/status/814497640599658496?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">December 29, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Why did you bump this

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Tandem even
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released