Cemu v1.11.3 released

cemulogo.png

The popular Wii U emulator - Cemu has now released version 1.11.3 to the public. This version of Cemu adds support for multi-threaded CPU emulation as well as plenty of other optimisations. This release has resulted in a notable improvement to FPS for many PC configurations.

Cemu said:
  • Added multi-core PowerPC emulation
  • SpotPass support (auto-download BOSS files)
  • Small optimizations
  • Misc smaller changes and bugfixes
:arrow: Source
:arrow: Download Cemu 1.11.3

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you have an amd gpu, you are pretty much sol at even running botw at 30fps (much less 60)
even with the newest triple core, fps++ and all the other stuff, can only get 24 fps and most of the time dips down to 11 fps
I got a constant 30 on my ryzen 1600 machine that had a RX 580 8GB before this update. Amd gpu users are not sol.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a constant 30 on my ryzen 1600 machine that had a RX 580 8GB before this update. Amd gpu users are not sol.
What settings are you using?
5820k @ 4.3ghz, r9 390 (1175 core, 1650 mem), 16GB ram
that should be able to run this at well above 30 fps

cemuhook 0.5.6.2
game [EU] v1.4.0 with all dlc v3.0
shadercache for 1.4.0
amd light circle fix
amd shadow fix
fps++ for 1.4.0 with skipfence
lwxz crash fix
gpu buffer cache - low
mode - triple core

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you have an amd gpu, you are pretty much sol at even running botw at 30fps (much less 60)
even with the newest triple core, fps++ and all the other stuff, can only get 24 fps and most of the time dips down to 11 fps
I'm pretty much in the same boat with a I7 3820 tho maybe this multi threaded support will help me out. Every update im still getting an average of 23fps on BOTW so I'm sticking to my Switch for that game I suppose
Bayonetta 2 ran wonderfully in 60fps just had audio issues.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Radeon users on the Cemu reddit are reporting the same performance issues. I wasn't even aware of these problems. Radeons have had issues with other emulators in the past. PCSX2 used to have performance problems as well, don't know if it was ever fixed there.

I used Radeon GPUs exclusively from 2003 until 2016. Not because I wanted to, but because of a variety of circumstantial limitations (cost, a device I had happened to have one already etc). I'm against corporate brand loyalty, and I will give AMD credit for getting their CPUs back on track with Ryzen. But driver wise, their GPUs have always given me problems. The hardware itself seems quite good, but the software holds it back. They often have driver-induced performance problems (especially in emulators), or worse, crashes and BSODs. This has happened on multiple devices with different hardware and software configurations.

I'm not happy about proprietary Nvidia-only effects. I enjoy using them (their proprietary game streaming especially is the best i've used). It's just crappy that it's exclusive to Nvidia. It sucks having so few options to choose from in this market. But I can't deny that software wise they are just a much more pleasant experience. I bought a GTX 1060 when it released and have had zero issues with it thus far. Doesn't help people who have AMD, but it doesn't sound like AMD are going to fix their shit anytime soon...

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This version of Cemu adds support for multi-threaded CPU emulation
FINALLY!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

But driver wise, their GPUs have always given me problems. The hardware itself seems quite good, but the software holds it back. They often have driver-induced performance problems
OpenGL performance on my R9 280 makes me want to cry...

Last edited by lAkdaOpeKA,

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
Did the devs change shader cache format (again)? I don't want to rebuild mine from scratch. If not, I'm updating for sure.

Edit: The BOTW Memory Editor hasn't been updated to fully support this version yet, so I'm going to hold off on updating until LibreVR fixes it.

Last edited by Maq47,

OctolingRift

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I be surprised that these guys have gotten more work done on Cemu then the Citra team will ever get on the 3DS emulator? Seriously, the 3DS emulator is ass but Cemu is actually decent

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Should I be surprised that these guys have gotten more work done on Cemu then the Citra team will ever get on the 3DS emulator? Seriously, the 3DS emulator is ass but Cemu is actually decent
I mean, it probably helps that the two main Cemu devs are making $15k+ a month from patreon donations. I'm not even aware of any small scale donation system that Citra devs use.

You want a better 3ds emulator? Best throw a few grand a month at the devs as an incentive.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I mean, it probably helps that the two main Cemu devs are making $15k+ a month from patreon donations. I'm not even aware of any small scale donation system that Citra devs use.

You want a better 3ds emulator? Best throw a few grand a month at the devs as an incentive.

That's the thing that gets me... These guys are making bank to make an emulator.. Easily the most paid emu dev team... It's.. actually really sad.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
That's the thing that gets me... These guys are making bank to make an emulator.. Easily the most paid emu dev team... It's.. actually really sad.
Not sure about sad, but I do find it interesting that there's a lot more interest/enthusiasm in a WiiU emulator than there was in the WiiU itself.

Reactions: lexarvn

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You mean 60fps as in a general term for the game's "original" full speed (which is 30fps on the original Wii U)? Or do you mean the unofficial framerate hack to get it running at 60?

Your hardware should complete overkill to get the game running at the original 30fps speed it ran at on Wii U, there's no reason it should EVER drop below that on your hardware. The 60fps hack should also maintain its speed most of the time. You might get a few performance dips here and there, but it SHOULD generally maintain 55-60fps.

My CPU is somewhat older and slower (i5 4670k @4ghz) than yours, same with my GPU (GTX 1060 6GB). I'm personally pleased with how it handles 60fps. I run a 1080p resolution and some other graphics packs (the clarity mod for color correction, better shadow resolution, shrine reflection enhancements, and better explosion effects).

I've had luck maintaining 50-60fps throughout most of what i've tested thus far. Generally hovers at 55fps and above, drops below 50 have not been super common. Kakariko Town is a bit slower, seems to hover around the mid-high 40s (apparently one of the most hardware intense areas). You should fare better. There are lots of videos. Here's someone with the same CPU as you (though a somewhat better GPU)-

i glad that this emulator has made huge improvements. i've already played wiiu version, for 60fps i'll definitely play it again, thanks.

EDIT: OMG!!! BOTW at mighty 60fps is fukking GORGEOUS

Last edited by leon315,

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I'm getting stable 30fps in BotW with my system:

i5-3570 @3.4 GHz (stock)
GTX 1050 Ti
8GB DDR3 @1333Hz

Cemuhook installed, with the following settings:
Graphic packs:
-30FPS lock
-FPS++
-BSoD frame unlocker
-LWZX crash workaround
-NVIDIA explosion smoke
-Square Kakariko Torch Shadows fix

Options:
-FenceSkip on
-Upscale filter -> bilinear
-GPU buffer cache accuracy -> low
-Experimental -> all disabled

CPU:
-Mode: triple core

Debug:
-MM Timer accuracy -> 1ms
-Custom timer -> QPC and 1x speed

The rest is as default

Just in case anyone needs comparison with their settings.

Last edited by Necron,

Ramses

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hypothetical question:

would in the future the emulator support WiiU to 3DS connectivity via a hacked 3DS? that way people can play MH3U w/o a physical WiiU?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1